Andrew Walker

Started by needshelp, March 18, 2009, 07:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

needshelp

How is Andrew Walker looking?

I have Heath Shaw in my team but am looking to swap him for Walker. I just dont trust Shaw but how is Walkers body holding up and how is his form?

Thoughts?

love4thegame

walker didnt play all pre season ,
i think carlton were resting him up just to make sure he
didnt get injured, IMO will be a star, hes a lock in my team.

needshelp

Yeah im a bit of a fan but we dont get much coverage of the interstate teams over here.

He was initially one of the first players I picked then went off him after the shoulder debacle but just looked on Carlton website and saw he played in Bunbury and isnt listed on the injury list....

Looks like its Shaw out Walker in unless someone can give me some good reasons otherwise....

mEnty

Because hes crap? Better options around than both of those.

love4thegame

Quote from: mEnty on March 18, 2009, 08:32:36 AM
Because hes crap? Better options around than both of those.
mate walker is 22 and has plaed 5 seasons already so he has experience.
39, 43, 71, 79 & 82
in 2003 was draft pick number 2.
he can play anywhere.
dont think you now what ya saying mate.

needshelp

Please enlighten me to the "better" options menty

Hawks_1976

I think his price has him stuck in no man's land.
Think he is still an injury concern and his roof is no higher than 85, especially in a side that has an ever improving midfield.
Either have to go for a full premium ( like Goddard ) or down to a mid range ( like Houlihan ) and use the cash elsewhere.

mEnty

He hasn't played 5 full seasons, parts thereof.

I do acknowledge he may be able to improve (especially given Carlton look set for a good year) but I don't foresee this being a great improvement.

The main question is, do you think he will be in the top 7 defenders at the end of year?

IMO this is a definite no.

Therefore, why spend 365k on him now, when the potential for growth isn't huge and you will probably end up wanting to upgrade.

When I said there are better options I was referring to the fact there are many mid-priced players with considerable room for growth (raines, grimes, houlihan and others if you are not too concerned with injuries..as by picking Walker you appear not to be...such as Malceski/Drummond both with higher potential ceilings than Walker)

Also if you really want a player around that price there are other options, P Burgoyne finished last year well and I read he may potentially have more midfield time this year and of course T Lockyer.

dread_lord09

yea I agree with mEnty. It's too risky risking someone who is worth $360 ish G for who has had very little game time leading up to round 1. It can pay off but you would rather see that money into someone who is 100% and roaring to go like Cornes or Lockyer. It's a safer bet.

love4thegame

yeah i know what ya mean dread lord, but noone will win the whole thing with them safer bets, you need these risks like walker if your in it to win it.

needshelp

Thanks for the opinions guys, doesnt make my decision any easier but its more food for thought!!

Daveo

I think he will avg mid 80s but do that very consistently. Definitely a lock in my team.

mEnty

Just wanted to bump this thread...

wce2009

bump as in he's named as an emergency for round 1?

needshelp

Im devo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my hard work undone..... Why Ratten Why??????