Foley V Wells

Started by vibesquad, March 24, 2009, 03:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vibesquad

After all this talk about Judd being no good in DT i've finally had approval from my board of directors to downgrade him to either Foley or D. Wells.  Never ever thought about Wells in the past as he's been so inconsistent yet his numbers in the pre-season were enough to call an Extraordinary General Meeting.  So far we are split 3-3 but unfortunately our Chairperson has been away on business in Botswana where the video link-up has been as reliable as the VirtualSports website at 6pm before the commencement of Rd 1, so havent received his vital vote.

Any further information or opinions on this matter would be welcomed.  Or in fact if you have anything else to add to the agenda please feel free.

jettiman93

I got both foley loses strong tags coz of couzins wells about to become a superstar

vibesquad

Anyone else have an opinion on this.  This is the last decision i have to make before my team is locked!!

mEnty

Foley - SC not DT IMO. Too many handballs, can get 30 touches and not break ton.

Wells- If you weren't looking at him before, don't look at him because of preseason stats...

Conclusion, look elsewhere, I don't personally have Judd in DT - but am constantly thinking about it, people saying he doesnt have ability to score well are just wrong - look at past figures for him. In any event, I'd rather have Judd than either of those two.

vibesquad

Thanks Menty, i seem to be going round in circles on this and i too will probably end up going back to Judd.  Like an AC/DC album you know what you're going to get!

vibesquad

Anyone else have any other options i could think about if you dont like either Wells or Foley?

adrian85

Wells is capable of anything from 60 to 140. Hopefully the upper end, i have hime. Judd in SC not DT

vibesquad

I dont see a lot of players in that price range that really grab me.  Kerr is always at the back of my mind but he is going to tagged and he also burnt me pretty bad last year.  His anger management classes obviously havent kicked in yet...

Any other players i could be looking at in the 300 - 400k mark?

mEnty

Between 300-400k I like to some degree:

Cale Morton, Boak, Gibbs, Knights, Cousins, Jackson... to name a few

Having said that my structure has only got room for 1 player between 300 and 400.

vibesquad

I've got Gibbs, think he's going to at least match his output from the last 10 rounds of the year. 
Was looking at Morton but think he mightn't be as dynamic this year as teams know his game a bit more.

Dont know much about Jackson. What sort of role does he perform?

andystav

isnt Foley injured guys?

andystav

Quote from: Prospector_1 on March 25, 2009, 03:16:38 AM
"Foleys under an injury cloud, fine if you think he’ll be a big improver and are happy to cop a 0 for the first round or 3, but you don’t put him and Sam Butler in the same midfield with your only cover being Rich and a kid coming off 2 consecutive knee injuries. There’s risk and then there’s stupidity. Foley is not DT material anyway - strictly Super Coach, same as Judd.

“3 injuries in his starting line up - Foley, Myers and Birchall”

Not really a problem there, provide they’re fit by round 3 (or whenever the competitive DT games start).

There was an article of the Essendon site saying Myers may be ready for Round 1 consideration, so I was happy to put him in my side as he’ll be playing by the time I need him."

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2009/03/23/aflcomau-list-assessment-part-one/#comment-41746

vibesquad

I've heard varying reports on Foley, some saying he'll be right for tomorrow night and others saying he's out for 2-3 weeks.
Probably wont find out until he either runs out or he's a late withdrawal.