Rookie in need of some help!!!

Started by AA, March 24, 2009, 11:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AA

Have done dream team for a couple of years but this is the first time i've really researched it so any advice would be great.

Bac: Fisher, Goddard, C Cornes, P Burgoyne, Houliham, Raines, Hill (Cheney, Broughton)

Mid: Ablett, Gibbs, Wells, Griffen, Hasleby, Rich (Otten, Anthony)

Ruc: Cox, Petrie (Jacobs, Spencer)

Fwd: Pavlich, Buddy, N. Brown, Higgins, Skipworth, Krakouer, Hentshell (Ziebell, M Brown)

Any thoughts/criticisms?  Too many mid price players?

Thanks in advance :-)

BU1101

Like it. Except for Griffen. Get an upgrade. Oh and $86K players will play in the mid get rid of rich or otten, you only need one, spend the money elsewhere.

mr Dreamteam

not sold on Daniel wells

also u could possibly down grade petrie for jolly to free up some more cash,, because jolly is sydney number 1 ruckman who will pretty much play the whole game and will average around 80

AA

Thanks for the advice guys, gonna roll the dice on Wells and Griffin as if they can add consistency to their game will be unique keepers if they don't I will curse them for another season. I must admit Selwood is tempting me though...
Any other thoughts, does anyone rate P. Burgoyne?

AA

I have now dropped P Burgoyne and Hasleby and replaced them with J Drummond and Addcock.
For better or for worse?
Team is now.........

Bac: Fisher, Goddard, C Cornes, Addcock, Drummond, Raines, Hill (Cheney, Broughton)

Mid: Ablett, Gibbs, Wells, Griffen, Higgins, Rich (Otten, Anthony)

Ruc: Cox, Petrie (Jacobs, Spencer)

Fwd: Pavlich, Buddy, N. Brown, Houliham, Skipworth, Krakouer, Hentshell (Ziebell, M Brown)

Help appreciated

BU1101

I like old burgoyne but that'll work too. I still dont like griffen. He is in a side full of half backs and midfielders, doesn't do enough to keep.

hibbo

I wouldnt have both adcock and drummond. Likely to steat points off each playing the same role. I actually liked the pick of Hasleby, has done pretty well in pre-season and has scored well in the past. But saying that wells, griffen and Hasleby in the middle is a bit risky, all could pay off but all could easily fail. I would downgrade petrie and upgrade either wells or griffen.

Just my thoughts...

AA

Yeah good point Hibbo although if Adcock plays mid and drummond assumes quarter back spot as mooted by Brisbane assistant coach may be ok? Who would you down grade Petrie too, I like Jolly and Fraser...

Mish

i really think is critical you have atleast 3 very strong Mids and 1 mid range
i dont trust wells, hes too inconsistant for my likings

AA

Have once again made an abundance of changes feel like i'm just second guessing myself, any thoughts, better/worse? Personally don't like HMAC.

Bac: Fisher, Goddard, C Cornes, Addcock, P Burgoyne, Raines, Hill (Petrenko, Broughton)

Mid: Ablett, Gibbs, Wells??, Griffen, Hasleby, Beams (Robinson, Anthony)

Ruc: Cox, HMAC? (Jacobs, Spencer)

Fwd: Pavlich, Buddy, N. Brown, Houliham, Skipworth, Krakouer, Higgins (Walker, M Brown)

AA