DT & SC Jargon Bible for the New Folks.

Started by Miss Pies, May 01, 2010, 04:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Pies

I thought I would post a thread on DT SC Jargon for the newbies (even I had to ask what some things meant lol)

Some are no brainers but I have thrown them in.

DT/SC

Donut = A big fat Zero scored by a player in your line up of 22 and you did not have an emergency to cover them in that position.
Nuff Nuff = In m0nty's (owner of FF) terms someone who picks a team that does sweet FA
Spud = Spud has probably evolved to any player that is considered a hack, not just in terms of fantasy points but also playing ability. An example of this would be Andrew Collins. Fantasy irrelevant and a terrible player.
Benchies/Bench/On the pine = A player you do not have in your line up of 22 but instead sits as a selected reserve.
EMG = A player from your bench you choose to use as an emergency if one of your 22 does not play
PPR/PPG = Points per round/Points per game
Premiums = A player that has stood the test of time over at least 2-3 years of DT and SC scores and hit mostly over 100+ppr
Cash Cow = A rookie turned senior that will rise significantly in price. Then you trade them in to upgrade to premiums unless they are doing REALLY well. See this link for more info on when to cash in rookies http://www.fanfooty.com.au/blog/2009/01/25/when-to-reap-your-rookies/ courtesy of m0nty
Gun = A player usually in the midfield that has an average ppr of over 120+ but also has stood the test of time (see above premium) example of a Gun is GAJ
TOG = Time on ground, meaning how much time a player spends actually playing. Some players start on interchange bench and do not get much TOG because they play second fiddle to players that are more athletic/skilled that can withstand 3 quarters.
Peaked = A players price has risen to the top level it can that year and will either go down in price or just slowly niggle by $2,000 each week
B/E and/or Break Even = The score a player must get to retain his price. Anything above B/E means he'll rise in price with anything below meaning he'll fall in price. The more you are over the B/E the more you rise and vice verse with the lower score. (courtesy of Hellopplz)
Sideways Trade = Trading a player of equal value that will most likely get the same score.
LTI = Long term injury IE.a player that is worth trading because he has a lot of value and would be worthless to keep on the bench. Example Roos(2010)
MPP/DPP = Multi/Dual position player. Example Goddard, Hodge can both play in backline and Mid
KPP = Key position player, this player holds a spot on ground such as a Full Forward. (eg. Lance Franklin, Jonathon Brown) and will be named pretty much every game unless of LTI and/or not 90%+ to go on field.
Panic Trade = One of your 22 line up is not playing, mostly a premium and you do not have anyone on your bench to cover their position so you trade in hope and usually regret it later.
Muppet = Goal Umpire that has no farkin idea ha
Ghost Ship = for those uncommitted entries into your otherwise pumping league ranking/banter who disappear after a couple of rounds - like I did to Dream Factory  :-\(couresty of j959)
JS = job security(couresty of j959)
NRS = nab rising star
Doing a Dr Dream Team = when you have a player on the field who's team has the bye that round, and/or you also have an emergency as a player with a bye!!(courtesy of j959)
+1 = agreeing with the inserted quote or above reply

Players

GAJ = Gary Ablett Junior
ROK = Ryan O'Keefe
JKT = Jarrod Kayler-Thomson
Roo/NRoo = Nick Riewoldt
Gia = Daniel Giansiracusa
Joey = Leigh Montagna
JZ = Jack Ziebell
Dids = Didak
Dlids/Lids = Deledio
JPOD/Pods = James Podsiadly
Duffman = Paul Duffield
Heater = Heath Shaw
BBB = Big Bad Bazza Barry Hall
Big Cox = Dean Cox
Alfred = Cameron Hitchcock
GOD = Brendan Goddard
Mal/eski/Malcho = Nick Malceski
Basti = Ryan Bastinac
Sandi = Aaron Sandilands
Chappy= Chapman
Pav= MatthewPavlich
Gumby = Scott Gumbleton
Pink Pig/Lingy = Cameron Ling
Brown-dawg/Jonno/JB = Jonathon Brown
Spud = Leigh Brown
Daisy = Dale Thomas
Libba/Jr = Tom, the infamous new rookie for the doggies (in reference to the all time great dad Tony)
JJF/JRoo = Jumping Jack Flash aka Jack Riewoldt
JPK = Josh Kennedy (Swans)
SonSon = Michael Walters
JJ= Josh Kennedy (WCE)
Carrots= Carrazzo
Boris = Enright
Big Bell= Bellchambers
Cannon = Trent McKenzie (courtesy of j959)
Boomer = Brent Harvey
Sauce = Sam Jacobs
Tex = Taylor Walker
Tip = Kurt Tippett
Tip Rat = Stephen Milne
NDS = Nick Dal Santo
Cunners = Harry Cunningham
Rooster = Gary Rohan

Exclusive to FanFooty

AFEV = Alex whenever he says something out there/different(courtesy of Hellopplz)
OHNOES!!! = A way of expressing ones panic, usually preceded by a girlish shriek(you dag Alex)
Dark Side/Front Bar = A place to post anything you feel like but it does not count towards posts LOL
Shower = replacement for a swear word starting with S
Flower =  replacement for a swear word starting with F
PNG = Purple name game, a series of coin flip questions. (part of the main site where chat operates during games that m0nty hosts his game blog).

If I have missed any which may be the case please post them.

Justin Bieber

Joey - Leigh Montagna
JZ - Jack Ziebeil
Dids - Didak
Dlids - Deledio

P.S noticed you used my definition for Breakeven ;D

Master Q

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 01, 2010, 10:44:13 PM
Joey - Leigh Montagna
JZ - Jack Ziebeil
Dids - Didak
Dlids - Deledio

P.S noticed you used my definition for Breakeven ;D
Yes hehe, just gave you credit.

valkorum

HintT

I see **** ***** ****** ***** mentioned a lot.  Who's he? :D

MissPiesFF

Quote from: HintT on May 02, 2010, 08:18:20 AM
I see **** ***** ****** ***** mentioned a lot.  Who's he? :D
He is *** ****** ***'s brothers cousins sister ;)

Master Q

Hey MP, when you going on your mystery trip?

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Master Q on May 02, 2010, 08:34:53 AM
Hey MP, when you going on your mystery trip?
I'll answer in PM, not really the place for it here :)

MissPiesFF

Master Q

Master Q

MissPiesFF

Heater & BBB updated.
Cheers for the sticky m0ntz much appreciated :)

korza

MissPiesFF