Main Menu

Running with the pack?

Started by MissPiesFF, April 08, 2010, 04:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissPiesFF

Just curious, why do you all hate Carlton, is it because for so many years everyone has been saying it or do you have your own unique reason?

Cus I like Carlton.

Master Q

Cruiseon

It is in the blood MissPies. I saw your reference to them being 'cute' which frankly I find largely unacceptable in the way any positive comment is about Carlton in unacceptable although John Elliot was always kind of cute!

Seriously it is a tradational rivalry of the highest kind dating back 100 years. Collingwood always a working class club, from its origins whilst Carlton a silver spoon white collar club (which regardless of your views on Edddie, for Carlton includes significanth white collar crime amongst their recent presidents & proven cheating claims). Both have been hugely successful but built on different social and moral platforms.

Lets not rule out the impact in the 70's and early 80's of Grand Final pain inflicted by Carlton.

This all may sound harsh but most will agree. I have not always hated Carlton, I became quite fond of them whilst they one their 5 wooden spoons recently, they deserved every one.

Hope that helps.

http://www.fanbana.co.uk/images/fanbana_CollingwoodFC-1_394.jpg

Master Q

Quote from: Cruiseon on April 08, 2010, 11:51:59 PM
It is in the blood MissPies. I saw your reference to them being 'cute' which frankly I find largely unacceptable in the way any positive comment is about Carlton in unacceptable although John Elliot was always kind of cute!

Seriously it is a tradational rivalry of the highest kind dating back 100 years. Collingwood always a working class club, from its origins whilst Carlton a silver spoon white collar club (which regardless of your views on Edddie, for Carlton includes significanth white collar crime amongst their recent presidents & proven cheating claims). Both have been hugely successful but built on different social and moral platforms.

Lets not rule out the impact in the 70's and early 80's of Grand Final pain inflicted by Carlton.

This all may sound harsh but most will agree. I have not always hated Carlton, I became quite fond of them whilst they one their 5 wooden spoons recently, they deserved every one.

Hope that helps.

http://www.fanbana.co.uk/images/fanbana_CollingwoodFC-1_394.jpg
Now tell me, why do you really hate us?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MissPiesFF on April 08, 2010, 04:58:41 PM
Just curious, why do you all hate Carlton, is it because for so many years everyone has been saying it or do you have your own unique reason?
They are too overrated nowadays ;)

Master Q

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 09, 2010, 12:04:29 AM
HP i actually have nothing against Essedon, and really liked them when they had llyod and lucas ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Master Q on April 09, 2010, 12:05:36 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 09, 2010, 12:04:29 AM
HP i actually have nothing against Essedon, and really liked them when they had llyod and lucas ;)
Same :'(

ossie85

Cus I like Carlton.

I demand you revoke any claim to being a Magpie supporter! lol

Cruiseon

As I mentioned in the other thread, rivarly has more to it than just the last 5-10 years. Collingwood and Carlton really have been battling to be the most successful club through my entire lifetime. I hate that Carlton have more flags than us, but we are a more successful club on every other measure but arguably not the one that counts. That is itself is a key factor in teh rivarly.

I also like a club that comes from the working class, brings a community who otherwise would not have anything in common, together. I don't think Carlton have ever represented that. Another example of that is Western Bulldogs and I fully respect them for it.

Does that help?

By the way it is not war, its a game, and a very healthy form of hate.  ;)

ossie85

Very well said Cruiseon.

Collingwood's legend grew during the great depression, and has stayed as Australia's most famous club since.

Master Q

Quote from: MissPiesFF on April 10, 2010, 04:20:03 PM
Quote from: Cruiseon on April 10, 2010, 01:39:44 AM

As I mentioned in the other thread, rivarly has more to it than just the last 5-10 years. Collingwood and Carlton really have been battling to be the most successful club through my entire lifetime. I hate that Carlton have more flags than us, but we are a more successful club on every other measure but arguably not the one that counts. That is itself is a key factor in teh rivarly.

I also like a club that comes from the working class, brings a community who otherwise would not have anything in common, together. I don't think Carlton have ever represented that. Another example of that is Western Bulldogs and I fully respect them for it.

Does that help?

By the way it is not war, its a game, and a very healthy form of hate.  ;)

Second half of your post was from your personal opinion..thankyou
That's what i keep saying, the second part is all your opinion and in my case a lie ::)

Cruiseon

No lies on this side MasterQ - I resent that.

What is a fact, is that I'm enjoying a very average side in Essendon kick your sorry and rather pathetic blue arses. They know we are coming??? - not with loses to Brisbane & Essendon, wait til you play some decent sides.

If you want to investigate some facts MasterQ how about looking into how Carlton lost to possibly the 2nd worst team in the comp.  ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Cruiseon on April 11, 2010, 12:43:49 PM
If you want to investigate some facts MasterQ how about looking into how Carlton lost to possibly the 2nd worst team in the comp.  ;)
I take offence to that.........wait.........i retract my statement :'(

Cruiseon

Very happy for you Hellopplz, it may not have been quality football, but you'd consider it a quality result.

Justin Bieber

Yep ;D ;D. We could of played alot better but my guy dyson pulled through. probably favourite essendon player and he showed why ;D.

maybe that can silence Q for a day or 2 before dt scores come out ;D