How will SC work when the 17th team comes is??

Started by steven_ora, March 28, 2010, 10:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steven_ora

So how will Supercoach work when 17 teams are in the AFL??
This obviously means 1 team will have a week off every round and what happens if u have 3 players from the same team in the mids for example???

So my question is what happens when ur player(s) have a week off next year???

Hawka

this would apply for dt as well

i reckon you will have 3 subs in each field maybe more trades and more money in the cap
but only for 2011

Turbo

This is one of the main reasons why they've brought in the MPP option.  Not sure what else will come in?

Prospector_1

Quote from: steven_ora on March 28, 2010, 10:14:47 AM
So how will Supercoach work when 17 teams are in the AFL??
This obviously means 1 team will have a week off every round and what happens if u have 3 players from the same team in the mids for example???

So my question is what happens when ur player(s) have a week off next year???

If you search this site, you'll find a lot of discussion on the matter, from last year.

Pravis

Glenn Laft said they are looking at extending the benches as well.

Arky

Probably extended benches and cap, and the season winner will be the person who does the best arbitrage in upgrading people who are about to have a bye to people who have had their bye already...

cookstar

If teams have two byes next year how will fantasy teams be affected?

troy87

I think we will have to wait and see as the new teams coming in will make a big change to fantasy footy.

Just imagine how many rookies will be playing for gold coast in the first year.

All your bench players could be from the gold coast as you know they will be playing and this would make it too easy so there will have to be dramatic changes.

ELLsendon

I think this topic has come up before :S

But yes, it will be interesting to find out!

HintT

I think it will be great if they don't change it around too much. Just increase the salary cap. It will make who you have as your emergencies, even more important

MalteserMan

Quote from: cookstar on April 23, 2010, 03:25:39 AM

Not all teams will have 2 byes...

But knowing how these things tend to go, Collingwood will get umpteen byes, playing Geelong/St Kilda once and have 20 games at the MCG.

luketown

Quote from: MalteserMan on April 23, 2010, 10:35:16 PM
Quote from: cookstar on April 23, 2010, 03:25:39 AM

Not all teams will have 2 byes...

But knowing how these things tend to go, Collingwood will get umpteen byes, playing Geelong/St Kilda once and have 20 games at the MCG.

and 19 of their games will be friday night, and the other anzac day

Pokerface

lowedown11

how in the world is supercoach gonna work next year with a bye....i hav thought of a few ideas but the best being that the players with the bye u get there avreage score.....

does anyone actually know or hav an ideas of whats gonna happen!!!!

Justin Bieber