The Boneheads 2024

Started by Goosey, May 12, 2024, 09:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosey

Hi All,

Thought I'd shift the thread I sarted in Strategy to here, testing showing my team.

Goosey

Looks like I got it in as an attachment, at least you can click on it and see!

Had a poor week last week, traded Green in, Fyfe sub, Yeo injured, went from 2782 to 5477.

Made 3 trades, chose Ryan over Serong, brought in Oliver.

Roberts and Fyfe out this week.

Bully

Team looks really good, I think Roberts & Fyfe out will give you some scope to bolster the midfield, Petracca looks like a decent option, he will probably be my target this week.

Mat0369

Anymore boosts or are you out. Fyfe, Roberts and Reid probably all need to go. If you had a boost I'd grab Zorko, Sullivan and Dylan Moore. If no boost, I'd just try and do Sullivan and Zorko

arbel

Agreed like most teams those 3 of Fyfe/Reid/Roberts should be on the way out sooner than later

Ringo

Nice Team Not sure how much cash or boosts you have but would look at if you have a boost and cash
Roberts/Reid/Fyfe to Sullivan/Zorko and a mid or forwrad you can afford.  If no boosts yout choice of which 2 to go to Sullivan and Zorko.

Colliwobblers

Be nice if you can do Sullivan and Serong.

Goosey

Hi All,

1 boost and 59K in the bank.

Roberts, Fyfe and Reid out gives me $1290400

Is Zorko a must?

Looking at Sullivan/Steele/Zorko. Would love to get Serong though.

Ringo

Your choice but maybe forgo Zorko this week.  If Darcy plays this week listed as test see what Jackson scores and maybe upgrade him to Zorko. I consider the Top 3 forwards at the moment Heeney, Flanders and Zorko.

So you can save boost by going Reid/Fyfe and Roberts to Serong and Sullivan,  Gaining you Serong.  Think I have the sums worked out. 

Burgess appears on the outer at Suns so I would look at dropping him down to Livingstone in due course and gaining another 80k. Livingstone at $102k will be a nice floating donut for you as well and if keeping Jackson will allow you to trade Sweet as well.

Goosey

Quote from: Ringo on May 15, 2024, 08:45:30 AMYour choice but maybe forgo Zorko this week.  If Darcy plays this week listed as test see what Jackson scores and maybe upgrade him to Zorko. I consider the Top 3 forwards at the moment Heeney, Flanders and Zorko.

So you can save boost by going Reid/Fyfe and Roberts to Serong and Sullivan,  Gaining you Serong.  Think I have the sums worked out. 

Burgess appears on the outer at Suns so I would look at dropping him down to Livingstone in due course and gaining another 80k. Livingstone at $102k will be a nice floating donut for you as well and if keeping Jackson will allow you to trade Sweet as well.

Thanks Ringo

Yes, the choice is to try and squeeze in a double upgrade, just the one and save the boost, or even a double downgrade.

Really want to bolster he forward line, but there is not much other than Zorko worth the trade, and obvious the big points are in the mids so really want Serong but can"t have everything!

Mat0369

I'd be using the boost and bringing in two forwards if possible. Zorko is the lock, he is the best forward you don't have. Sullivan in the midfield is a lock and then I think you need another premium forward. You don't want to be fielding Jones/Garcia as you may lose a ton of points. Someone like Dylan Moore or Rankine as a bit of a POD are the two I would look at.

You might have to go a double down next week for cash replen and then look at Rozee hopefully for M8 at the discount price the week after.

Goosey

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 15, 2024, 11:24:44 PMI'd be using the boost and bringing in two forwards if possible. Zorko is the lock, he is the best forward you don't have. Sullivan in the midfield is a lock and then I think you need another premium forward. You don't want to be fielding Jones/Garcia as you may lose a ton of points. Someone like Dylan Moore or Rankine as a bit of a POD are the two I would look at.

You might have to go a double down next week for cash replen and then look at Rozee hopefully for M8 at the discount price the week after.
Thanks Mat,

I think you're right with the boost and needing two in the fwd line, just difficult to choose the second one!

Goosey

I really don't like the look of any of the other forward options, Moore and Rankine just don't fill me with confidence.

I could take Butters instead of Serong though :)

Yes it means two rookies at F5/6 but I just feel the value is better in the mids?

arbel

Yeah value is in the mids for sure and beyond the top 3 in FWD line, others are too swingy. Rankine since going to the middle seems to be next best with a 5 round average of 110. Hopefully Petracca gets FWD status later.

Moore and Curnow can be serviceable but like all FWD's can be too up and down. I don't see who else you can get though that'll get consistent big scores.

Definitely Zorko needs to be in though.

Goosey

Round 10
Score 2489
Round Rank 2026
Overall Rank 3318 (up 2364)

Went with the boost, brought in Zorko and Butters (and Sullivan), but with H.Garcia out I was left with D.Jones at F6 which hurt.

First trade is Garcia to Richards.