Colliwobblers 2024

Started by Colliwobblers, March 07, 2024, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

I can do howes to Clohessy + Jordon to Comben + Grundy to English.

Miss Horne-Frances.

I've got to dump Berry next week also who will probably lose a small amount this week. He looked good started strong, but small forwards....

Bully

I think it's a worthy trade getting English, the extra game is also worth points as many people will be holding Grundy. Getting the rucks to set and forget stage needs to be done early in the piece, otherwise it becomes a can you kick down the road.

Mat0369

I'd be banking cash to go Jordon to Heeney post bye. Taylor Adams is the other Swan that could save our forward woes but he is injury prone and has only played the one game so far. I'd give him another week before looking at trading him in. There is value in JHF if he gets DPP but I think he'll still throw up a clunker, Wines will come back and those CBA's are pretty crowded with Rozee, Butters, Wines, JHF and Drew.

Looking towards next week, could you do something like Howes to Clohesy and Berry to Graham using Wilson? The week after you could potentially use the boost and turn Jordon into Heeney and D'Ambrosio to whatever rookie is on the bubble and looks like a must have using Roberts.

Colliwobblers

Thanks guys, hard to believe Heeney, impossible to ignore.

Given English isn't rising in price madly any time soon.

I'm thinking.

This week.

Howes to Clohesy
Jordon to Horne Francis
Grundy to Meek

Next week.

D'Ambrosio to Graham
Berry to Heeney

could also add "worst rook" to Comben next week if he backs it up.

Figure Meek will make me money while I wait for him and a couple of cows to fatten, then Meek to English. English won't get dearer like Heeney it's just the scores I'll be missing.

No Heeney next week without Grundy to Meek. Would kick myself if I didn't jump on Horne-Francis. He's ultra cheap, and looks a different proposition this year.

Bully

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 09, 2024, 04:47:27 PMThanks guys, hard to believe Heeney, impossible to ignore.

Given English isn't rising in price madly any time soon.

I'm thinking.

This week.

Howes to Clohesy
Jordon to Horne Francis
Grundy to Meek

Next week.

D'Ambrosio to Graham
Berry to Heeney

could also add "worst rook" to Comben next week if he backs it up.

Figure Meek will make me money while I wait for him and a couple of cows to fatten, then Meek to English. English won't get dearer like Heeney it's just the scores I'll be missing.

No Heeney next week without Grundy to Meek. Would kick myself if I didn't jump on Horne-Francis. He's ultra cheap, and looks a different proposition this year.

The fact you have planned for Heeney makes all the trades sound, you still have room for a couple of rookies too, picking one this week is necessary in my opinion and Clohesy the safest bet.

I flirted with Meek last year, he was coming off twin tons, the next three games delivered 78, 62 & 22. I thanked my lucky stars I didn't bite as I was very close to pulling the trigger. This year maybe different, he's a year older and rucks generally don't hit their straps until mid twenties. I don't think it will be a Briggs scenario but I think he's undervalued and fairly safe for a 400k transaction. Just be careful you don't bleed too many points at R2, Meek can deliver some very ordinary scores.

Horne-Francis is a wait and see, DPP would make him very useful, I think buying at this price worth the speculation if you know when to fold, I made a quick 100k last year and I consider him to be a good trading stock. 

arbel

Agree with Bully, I'd wait on JHF. I think he is only going to be value if he gets DPP status. As a pure mid he is too high priced as a stepping stone and probably an M8 at best. If you have the trades and plans to make it work could pull off an awesome pick though.

Def need to get Heeney in. Will be one of the most traded in after his bye. I like the Meek route to English as stated just be aware he can throw in a few bad ones.

Ringo

I also would hold on JHF to see what he scores away from AO.

Mat0369

I'd pass on Meek. Reeves is still around the fringes playing well in the VFL and Mitchell won't give him an extended crack at it. He could end up playing both this week and you're screwed because Meek struggles as a forward. If it turns pear shaped it won't be a quick fix and will take multiple trades to fix while missing out on Heeney. IF I am downgrading Grundy, I'm still going to Xerri who is moderately priced, putting up good numbers and is the clear cut R1 for that side.

Colliwobblers

Round 5 team - 2021 points - round rank 8156 - took me well up to 9415 overall.

You cannot view this attachment.

Now to fix the biggest bad call I'll make all year no matter what else I stuff up.

Trades:

King to Heeney.

Mckercher to Graham.

Contemplating Clark to Comben.

Ringo

Mat0369

That's an excellent week to score 2021. King to Heeney is the no brainer, same goes for McKercher to Graham. If you're going to use the boost I'd do Sanders to Comben to pocket the cash. It gives some dollars to play with the following week with Sharp and Campbell ready to move on to a premium option.

Colliwobblers

Sanders last guy on the bench, not sure he'll start sub, but can't be sure he won't be subbed again.

Probably have to be the one to go as you suggest. Pity, lot's of growth left I feel but cannot trust bevo.

I'd prefer they introduce a second sub and an extra bye round than extend bevo's career one more year :)

Bully

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 17, 2024, 07:12:19 PMSanders last guy on the bench, not sure he'll start sub, but can't be sure he won't be subbed again.

Probably have to be the one to go as you suggest. Pity, lot's of growth left I feel but cannot trust bevo.

I'd prefer they introduce a second sub and an extra bye round than extend bevo's career one more year :)

Bevo about to break Darcy too, Lobb's return is a huge hinderance, it might be a case of Darcy to Jackson in a few weeks.

Mat0369

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 17, 2024, 07:12:19 PMSanders last guy on the bench, not sure he'll start sub, but can't be sure he won't be subbed again.

Just about any of the players on the Dogs bench could be the sub. It was Dale last week, it could be Bramble, Harmes, Sanders or Garcia. I think if it is Sanders he has to go and we're lucky it's the first game of the round.

arbel

Yeah I agree. If he's the sub then he'll probably have to go. BE is only 49 but as sub he could miss it and then that'll go up. Very lucky it is the 1st game of the round.