Arbels Aces 2024

Started by arbel, February 22, 2024, 03:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Have you thought of Windsor down to Carroll and Berry to Powell. Or Alternatively Sexton to Dempsey and Berry to Powell. Think Powell is a must at the moment.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on March 27, 2024, 12:16:02 PMHave you thought of Windsor down to Carroll and Berry to Powell. Or Alternatively Sexton to Dempsey and Berry to Powell. Think Powell is a must at the moment.

If my math is right he could hold Windsor and do both Suns rookies. That allows the Windsor price rise this week and then he can become Darcy next week. I actually like that as an option as well to not only bank the points but the dollars.

arbel

Round 3

Score: 1996
Round Rank: 3,495
Cash: $113,200
Trades Left: 36

I was away over Easter weekend and didn't get chance to read much on here and had to quickly pull strings on games and made my first real blunder on the year ... I got in Pink. I took a risk with no other rookies on the bubble and hoped he would tear it up but big fail. Thought it may work as baring injuries, have chosen good premos for once that don't need correction so was happy to burn the trade. Did do Berry to Dempsey which was a good move.

Other than that team seems to be doing well. Ranked in the top 1k so can't complain. Gawn helped me get to the score by VC on him, so now just have the choices for this week. Finally a round of best 22 coming up so hope to keep going.

Think the obvious trade is Duursma to Darcy. Duursma's had a couple of lowish scores so happy to move him on. Windsor cash gen may stagnate for a bit but his JS looks pretty good so don't need to rush there. Backline is the glaring issue to solve. So choices are

Option 1: Duursma to Darcy, Reid to Brown/Draper (ride with pink ... he'll make some money just not much)
Option 2: Duursma to Darcy, Reid to Brown, Pink to Draper

Bully

Congrats on the ranking! Superb start and you should be able to capitalise on that heading forward.

As for the defensive rookies, it's really shooting blind to some extent, Brown I think will be a bit more consistent, the injuries have really opened up a spot in defence plus he's a high draft pick. His kicking is top shelf, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take kick outs from time to time.

I'm holding off myself, McKercher & Roberts will eventually fill those spots. For those staring at a donut there will be a need to act this week but I reckon you could ride it out for another week. It will be best 18 again next week, Daicos missing but no threat of donuts.

Ringo

I would only be tempted to do Duursma to Darcy and then wait for team announcements to decide if futher trades required to avoid donuts next round,

Next week may have to move on Jordan considering the bye.

Nice rank.

Mat0369

I think I'd lean towards culling Duursma before Windsor for Darcy. It just makes too much sense to go down that route with how expensive Duursma is and how he has stalled for cash gen. It might take Duursma a couple weeks to really get going again.

Looking at the other rookies, McInnes will be hot and cold, I'd lean towards Brown if he puts up 60 each week over Draper and then next week there might be a handful of bubble boys. Reid to Brown seems like a solid move for cash gen purposes and you still have the ability to flip guys around next week.

Colliwobblers

Yes as I said last post you nailed your starting season team, well done again.

I know the positional changes are coming and we move mids to defense but I'm inclined to get one good defense rook in I think that's Brown. Z Reid even when he comes back has a 15 in his cycle so obviously him out.

Pink was a no go for me but you never know he might take 8 intercept marks and surprise us all and earn you some coin. Frankly no defensive rookie is really going to make any of us any serious coin it seems this season. But I like to have one for cover and "potential" cash gen.

Ringo's point is valid on skipping the def trade altogether.

Duursma to Darcy looks the best fwd trade.

arbel

Well my choices just became a bit easier ... with Hardwick swinging the axe and Lobb not coming back in after that good game in the VFL then it'll be:

Sexton to Darcy
Pink to Draper/Brown

Not sure who to take out of Draper or Brown. Think Brown may have better scoring potential and seems to have taken the Gibcus spot but there is the risk he gets dropped when Grimes back. It's either he or Young that goes for Grimes I think.

Sexton to Darcy is easy. Was going to trade Duursma but he should still get close to his BE. Don't think need to use a boost this week. I kept Windsor and he got his BE and so did Howes so those 2 can probably go when they have their bye.

Ringo

Do you need to Trade Pink this week. With best 18 next 2 weeks can keep an eye on Clohessy and Graham to see which one looks like filling that HB spot especially if Sexton not recalled. 
Not fussed on either Brown or Draper as they may be out as others return as well. If wanting some extra cash go Draper and save $30k

arbel

Quote from: Ringo on April 05, 2024, 12:48:08 PMDo you need to Trade Pink this week. With best 18 next 2 weeks can keep an eye on Clohessy and Graham to see which one looks like filling that HB spot especially if Sexton not recalled. 
Not fussed on either Brown or Draper as they may be out as others return as well. If wanting some extra cash go Draper and save $30k

I don't need to trade Pink ... but with Reid out as well if there are any late withdrawls I cop a donut. I've only used 4 trades so far so happy to burn one. I'm thinking Draper too. With a good start and rank don't want to risk copping a donut.

Mat0369

I'd make the trade. I think I'd prefer consistent 60's from Brown than a yo-yo 30 and 70 from Draper looking at the small sample size

arbel

Round 4

Score:
Round Rank: 14,819
Cash: $195,000
Trades Left: 34

Well made a few bad choices and kicking myself ... I wasn't sure how Brown would do in a decimated Richmond team and was worried (still a bit) once Grimes is back that he goes out and he had a blinder and Draper was a major disappointment. He did nothing but follow Curnow around and no interest in the ball. So missed on 70 points and had I gone Brown would have been ranked around the 300's. Still sitting in the top 1k but damn ...

Have a few options now with best 18 for next couple weeks and a few players nearing their BE's:

Option 1: Do nothing as Duursma and Howes average is right near their BE's and probably not drop too much cash.
Option 2: Duursma and Howes to Clohesy and Ramsden (406.6k left)
Option 3: Jordon and Howes to Ramsden and Sheezel (49.5k left) Fixes my DEF with another prem in.
Option 4: Jordon, Duursma and Howes to Graham, Ramsden and Sheezel (146.8k left) Same as 3 but get a couple rookies instead.
Option 5: Jordon, Duursma and Howes to Graham, Ramsden and Clohesy (640k left) bringing in 3 rookies on 1 game but all scored okay and leaves 640k in bank. But if any injury, bad games and/or get dropped leaves me with lots to fix.

Really tought this week with choices

Ringo

Have you considered Graham instead of Ramsden for option 2 and 3 if you can work it. Graham will give you the DPP as well.
If boosting and doing the three trades I prefer option 4.

arbel

I have considered Graham yeah. I am heavily leaning towards option 4 at the moment and then next week Draper becomes Clohesy

Bully

Quote from: arbel on April 08, 2024, 03:28:07 PMI have considered Graham yeah. I am heavily leaning towards option 4 at the moment and then next week Draper becomes Clohesy

The beauty of Graham is he's a floating donut in the worst case scenario, that could be valuable once Reid is back.

Sheezel is also a very good pick, can't go wrong with that selection.