Arbels Aces 2024

Started by arbel, February 22, 2024, 03:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

You have the luxury of Yeo and Daicos so you can throw them into the mids if you feel like the others are must have rookies.

I agree on the Berry cash grab, I didn't expect him to really be an option and he only had 6 touches in the first game, but he should see a nice spike in cash this week. At the same time I'm wondering if it's worth grabbing him this week or looking at Dempsey next week instead.

arbel

True but not many DEF rookies jumping out with scores ... Uwland and Dean averaging 50ish, Pink and Dawson 44 and 64 from one game. Hore 60, then D'Ambrasio only other low price player with good score. So not many choices. Think more will have the same rookies after Gibcus and Reid gone with the low availability.

The luxury is we get another week to look at Dempsey. Both he and Berry had been on my radar. Hoping Berry can keep going with the suns playing well so far.

Mat0369

D'Ambrosio is looking like a must pick player off round 1, but so many guys burst out of the blocks and struggle the rest of the way. Hore I feel is great D7/D8 that you can field if needed. He has a scoring history that he won't be a complete crap the bed pick and an easy sideways option for Reid.

arbel

Round 2

Score: 2038
Round Rank: 15,188
Cash: $53,400
Trades Left: 38

Overall happy with my main picks. My MID prems are doing nicely and all my picks have done as I wanted. Happy I went Yeo over Young in the DEF.

I fell into the Berry trap and while he has a negative BE still with the bye and the potential to have bad games might drop him. Could bring in Dempsey from Geelong. Darcy has another game before price rise but is he going to keep Lobb out? What's his JS like.

Obvious issues in the back line. I'm thinking Coffield could go if injury is bad. Problem is who is likely to make money. Hore seems to be vest candidate but with the injuries could possibly hold down a spot in the 22. Pink JS seems to be okay but not much scoring power although averaging 50 is fine. Brown from Richmond don't think will hold a spot once others are back. Reid is out til round 6 and that is the last of the best 18 with the early byes. I have enough cover for Round 4 which will be full round so could potentially hold Reid and hope he's back then.

So potential trades are:

Berry to Dempsey and Coffield to Pink/Hore.
Maybe could boost and do Clark to Carroll who'll make some good coin but is it worth buring a trade on?

Shouldn't need more than that.

Bully

Those are solid trades, I'm holding off on Hore, BE -2 so it's worth waiting to see his role, I reckon between Hore, Brown & Trezise there will be some options. Dan Curtin could also get a call-up, I think he's as ready as any of the first year talls.

Ringo

Love the team - Berry to Dempsey is fine and then sit and see what team namings bring up No real need to trade Coffield with best 18 so you can observe for another week to see who to bring in next week. Thought Berry to Powell may have been an option but insufficient cash.

Colliwobblers

Nailed the starting side well done!

I'd bring in Dempsey this week.(berry or sexton) flip a coin. And if named on field and Coffield is weeks Pink also.

Wouldn't do Clark to Carroll. Cats seem to like Clark so He'll make coin playing if slower than you'd like. Mind you if he got dropped you probably would but I think that's unlikely.

Bully

Before jumping on Pink, bear in mind players like McKercher & Roberts have had stints down back, just one of those guys could make a monumental difference if awarded DPP. This is another reason I'm happy to delay any decisions, plenty of people went Gibcus to Coffield, some went Gibcus to Hore, these trades have been way too hasty.

I'm bringing in Carroll this week, he's a guy I'd feel comfortable fielding, this is also with a view that one of McKercher or Roberts will find their way into defence.

Mat0369

The team looks pretty damn good, you nailed all the starting premiums and have some good cash gen options. You got the quick cash grab from Berry, if you want to dump him I'd look at Carroll ahead of Dempsey. One is playing legit midfield minutes while the other is in that half forward role. With all the Dees injuries I like Hore as an option down back to sit at D8 for the time being.

Quote from: Bully on March 25, 2024, 11:46:24 PMBefore jumping on Pink, bear in mind players like McKercher & Roberts have had stints down back, just one of those guys could make a monumental difference if awarded DPP. This is another reason I'm happy to delay any decisions, plenty of people went Gibcus to Coffield, some went Gibcus to Hore, these trades have been way too hasty.

I'm bringing in Carroll this week, he's a guy I'd feel comfortable fielding, this is also with a view that one of McKercher or Roberts will find their way into defence.

Both will get DPP, but that will be in round 6. I think you need coverage for one of those two bench spots next week, if there is a phantom injury we're back to 22 and it could be a disaster. It is a good point though.

Mat0369

Just going to add the only worry with Carroll is Walsh. He was originally expected back this week but it looks like it might get pushed. If he is missing for another 3 or 4 weeks he is an excellent option. If it looks like he can play sooner, Carroll will be the sub or dropped.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 26, 2024, 02:34:41 AMJust going to add the only worry with Carroll is Walsh. He was originally expected back this week but it looks like it might get pushed. If he is missing for another 3 or 4 weeks he is an excellent option. If it looks like he can play sooner, Carroll will be the sub or dropped.

This is a slight concern, I had always viewed him as Docherty's long term replacement but being sub would destroy his earnings potential. In the short term 3 price rises would be a win, 2 price rises a nil all draw and 1 price rise a wasted trade.

BE is -69, that's 35k in the kitty for just turning up. Last game against North he scored 96, a repeat of that would see him rocket over 200k and probably insulate against sub affected scores. On weight I think he's worth the risk, maybe not best 22 but best 23 a reasonable assumption.

arbel

Thanks guys ... think I'll wait to see the injury list and can then make changes from there. Will likely be Berry to one of Carroll/Dempsey and then see the extent of the May/Lever injuries and also Coffield/Reid and make changes from there. With it being best 18 if no real candidates can sit with an injury or 2.

EDIT*

Well looks like Coffield is out for 12-14 weeks so he has to go. The May and Level injuries aren't as bad as thought. Lever could play this week and May could only miss 1 so don't know if Hore is the way to go. One of Pink/Brown will come in now. No point having Coffield soaking up donuts. Don't know who will score more etc but will bring in one of those. Then likely do Berry to Carroll/Dempsey.

Bully

I would still defer the decision until next week, Brown not on the bubble and Hore will probably hit parity so it's a nice apples for apples decision. I think Brown & Hore will outscore Pink in the long run, the only advantage is a bit more job security. You could even pick Pink if he tears it up this week, unlikely but he did have a good first quarter last week.

Carroll would be my priority, Cripps has just hinted that Walsh still 2-3 weeks away, that's enough time to make some money and get some 70+ scores onto the park.

Mat0369

Cripps says he hopes Walsh will be back for the Adelaide game. Carlton site has him 2-3 weeks away. Jack Martin injured his hamstring at training yesterday, Motlop, Weitering and Marchbank are all available for selection. They also said Hollands is a chance to come straight into the 22 which I found interesting. I think they had him in that half forward/mid role which means he probably comes in for Fantasia.

3 months for Coffield means he has to go. I still think Worner is an option if he comes back into the 22 in the next couple of weeks. The Freo HB's have been hit by injury and he looked great pre-concussion. I missed the start of the Hawks vs Dees game, did Petty swing back after May and Lever were injured or did he start there? If he was swung back they probably went with a shorter lineup due to the Hawks lack of height in the forward line. But with Brown and McDonald healthy he probably doesn't need to play forward which isn't a great sign for Hore either.

Colliwobblers

Edit to my comment.

You could do nothing and be fine. Trades in the bank are GOLD.

If anything, probably just one of sexton/berry to Dempsey.

Bully is bullish :) (see what i did there) on Carroll and as he says 2-3 weeks is probably enough so you could get rid of both the suns lads and do Carroll and Dempsey also, but it's negative break evens for bigger negative break evens and trades burned. Hard due to the suns bye to make the call on.

Possibly Darcy a must on the cards in a week also fwd?

Coffield has to go, but not just to another rookie who'll make you next to nothing. You have a full field of 6 for the non bye rounds.