Bully's Boys 2024

Started by Bully, January 24, 2024, 01:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

As much as Trac plays forward, his percentage as a forward is somehow minimal and it doesn't make much sense. I think Zorko is the one to lock in if possible this week, makes sense from a structure perspective and gives you the big 3 forwards.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 12, 2024, 10:51:10 PMAs much as Trac plays forward, his percentage as a forward is somehow minimal and it doesn't make much sense. I think Zorko is the one to lock in if possible this week, makes sense from a structure perspective and gives you the big 3 forwards.

Petracca at 22% so needs to play forward this week to have any chance, I would say a possibility against West Coast, if not I still think he's a pretty good buy at 560k, Oliver on watch this week.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on May 15, 2024, 05:49:27 PMPetracca at 22% so needs to play forward this week to have any chance, I would say a possibility against West Coast, if not I still think he's a pretty good buy at 560k, Oliver on watch this week.

Trac is one I would still look to bring in regardless or the DPP at his price. I don't mind him at M7 and Oliver/Rozee covering off M8/M9.

Bully

Ethan Phillips to play his first game, Howes to Phillips on the cards if he performs ok.

Bully

Roberts looks set to be managed, I think that's ok actually, at least he won't lose cash in the short term. If there are no other shocks I'll put him on the bench and field Howes.

Next week, Howes to Phillips, Roberts to premo defender, quite a few to choose from such as Whitfield, Sinclair, Dale etc.

Bully

This was a very challenging week, 2213 and a midfield that resembles the 1987 stock market crash, I'm actually amazed I cracked 2200 just surveying the damage but at least on paper it's a solid enough set-up, just one of those rotten weeks I suppose. Getting rid of Reid for Zorko still a good move, Zorko about to become the most expensive forward and those without him need to debate whether he's worth it with a bye around the corner. 

This week it was between Whitfield & Jackson but I'm getting the ruck insurance in now before it's too late. Sweet may never return, that's a worry but at least he can still be traded to someone like Ethan Phillips for a quick 150k. There's also the question of Jones and the byes, he may also have to go, it's even possible I double down next week but let's see how things pan out. Darcy Wilson is another who might need shifting, I think he's a potential trade to a decent defender.

arbel

I was in similar for the week was just okay but could have been more. Went early on Freijah which can be risky but I think he hold his spot. Jones injury also not great so I'd get in Richards. With more injuries to Collingwood FWD's he has to play and with a BE of -95 should be easy choice. Sweet no playing is hurting cos he was the cow that was going to get the big dollars, Soldo still 2-3 weeks away so hope he gets a run up to his bye

Bully

Quote from: arbel on May 20, 2024, 11:58:06 AMI was in similar for the week was just okay but could have been more. Went early on Freijah which can be risky but I think he hold his spot. Jones injury also not great so I'd get in Richards. With more injuries to Collingwood FWD's he has to play and with a BE of -95 should be easy choice. Sweet no playing is hurting cos he was the cow that was going to get the big dollars, Soldo still 2-3 weeks away so hope he gets a run up to his bye

I could double down but Richards over Jackson is too risky, I'd rather hold Jones for a week and reassess with Phillips a potential quick fix and a handy 80k. That could be enough to get Wilson to a decent defender or even a midfield gun like Rozee. I think with the byes coming up we can put aside structure and focus on getting some midfield reinforcements. This season has been a crapshoot with inconsistency and probably requires some heavy duty looping.

This week is the one to grab Jackson, I need him for round 14 at a bare minimum and I suspect I'll need him at the tail end of the season when trades dry up. With a BE of 45 he will back at his starting price in a fortnight, cannot run the risk of him becoming unobtainable, I have enough headaches with Ryan and to a lesser extent, Butters and Serong.

Whitfield still in the thinking but maybe after the bye, Sicily may also be a handy POD when he returns.

Mat0369

A lot of the mid guns were an absolute disaster this week. Overall you managed a sneaky good week considering Oliver was the only mid to ton up.

I'm thinking Sweet out this week may be a go, hold Garcia, Jones out 6-8 weeks probably makes the move a little easier to do with Livingstone going back to R3. I would lean towards Richards as the rookie to bring in and Jackson is solid, but Darcy is due back this week and could eat into his scoring again.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 23, 2024, 12:24:04 AMA lot of the mid guns were an absolute disaster this week. Overall you managed a sneaky good week considering Oliver was the only mid to ton up.

I'm thinking Sweet out this week may be a go, hold Garcia, Jones out 6-8 weeks probably makes the move a little easier to do with Livingstone going back to R3. I would lean towards Richards as the rookie to bring in and Jackson is solid, but Darcy is due back this week and could eat into his scoring again.

I will wait on teams but if Garcia not named I will punt him first, I think I'll get 6 starters in the forward line so Jones can wait a week. I like Freijah over Richards given he's DPP and could be very handy over the bye period, both have dubious job security but at least Freijah can be shuffled around.

Darcy back may hurt Jackson but Jackson is priced at key forward rates, it doesn't matter if he reverts back to 80s & 90s, I would rather have ruck coverage sewn up for the bye period.

Bully

If Garcia is named I might even grab Houston this week, can do Roberts to Freijah & Howes to Houston, forwards weaker but 60 odd from Garcia ok in the short run.

Bully

With Garcia out it will have to be Jackson this week, I think I'll still be in the frame for Houston next week, 95 BE should ensure he stays under 600k.

Bully

Howes dropped! Nevermind, I have cover this week but he will need to be moved on in preparation for the byes.

Not many downgrade options, Phillips is sunk, pretty high ownership too. Could be a case of grabbing a mid pricer instead.

Bully

After careful consideration I think I'll be doubling down this week, will take Richards and delay Jackson for a week, with Howes out of the equation and Phillips back to the 2's it seems the smart option.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on May 24, 2024, 07:08:30 PMAfter careful consideration I think I'll be doubling down this week, will take Richards and delay Jackson for a week, with Howes out of the equation and Phillips back to the 2's it seems the smart option.

Extremely well played