The Watchlist - 2024 Edition

Started by Mat0369, January 07, 2024, 03:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 09, 2024, 06:33:49 PMHewett sub

Graham out

Yes, I'm having to do a last minute adjustment.

Mat0369

Moore and Windhager went on holiday in the 3rd quarter

Mat0369

Laird was scaled down by 3 on the siren and I lost by a point.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 12, 2024, 07:01:16 PMLaird was scaled down by 3 on the siren and I lost by a point.

That sucks, I find every week they scale Laird down, he's on the nose with CD in a big way this year.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on May 12, 2024, 07:57:44 PMThat sucks, I find every week they scale Laird down, he's on the nose with CD in a big way this year.

Playing 68% game time and basically riding the bench for pretty much the entire second quarter didn't help. I think they also punished him with a 'fumble' just before the siren when he managed to lock the ball in with like 10 seconds to go. Nothing really surprises me with CD anymore and how they work out the in game stats.

Mat0369

Round 9

Score: 2,317
Round Rank: 38,247
Cash: $67,100

Trades

Darcy > Oliver
Cadman > Jones

You cannot view this attachment.

Good: Daicos, Dale, Clohesy, Brown, Bont, Butters, Miller, Walsh, Laird, Green, Garcia, Heeney, Flanders, Wilson
Pass: Grundy
Bad: Stewart, Windhager, Reid, English, Macrae, Moore
Ugly: Roberts, Clark, Adams, Jones

Mediocre week for a mediocre team. Adams has been a complete fail, he looks good when he has the ball, he just doesn't get enough of the ball in his current role. Roberts and Reid now have monster BE's as well, Windhager and Moore had shocking 3rd quarters which brought their scores down.

Of my trades I still like the Oliver pick, trading Roberts instead of Darcy would have been the smarter move but ah well.

This weeks trades I'll get to shortly, going to draft up my BE's. Was originally thinking Adams but might go Reid and Roberts instead.

Mat0369

BE list

Windhager - 57

Roberts - 124

Clohesy - 30

Brown - 16

Reid - 134

Graham - 12

Garcia - 1

Clark - -16

Sweet - -71

Jones - -8

Adams - 104

Macrae - 103

Wilson - 3

Mat0369

I'm thinking Reid to Sullivan and Roberts to any defender. I can grab Ryan but seeing his price tag at 666k is insane. Otherwise the two cheaper options I don't mind are May and Sinclair.

Going May leaves me 302k in the bank with Windhager at D5, Clohesy at D6, Sullivan at M8, Adams at F5 and Wilson at F6. Having the extra cash will be nice to finish my team off as quickly as possible before I sideways trade out the Windhager/Adams picks.

With Ryan I have 139k in the bank. Still a good chunk of change, but that 302k could potentially turn Graham into Trac next week straight up

Colliwobblers

There's a few in that low 500k range that have been good lately holmes newman others, Ryan is a luxury but as long as you leave a spot for him the lower priced Def and another mid (sooner) seems a better option.

That said, Ryan is pretty much a 130-190 every second week, this is the every second week coming up :)

arbel

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 12, 2024, 11:48:52 PMI'm thinking Reid to Sullivan and Roberts to any defender. I can grab Ryan but seeing his price tag at 666k is insane. Otherwise the two cheaper options I don't mind are May and Sinclair.

Going May leaves me 302k in the bank with Windhager at D5, Clohesy at D6, Sullivan at M8, Adams at F5 and Wilson at F6. Having the extra cash will be nice to finish my team off as quickly as possible before I sideways trade out the Windhager/Adams picks.

With Ryan I have 139k in the bank. Still a good chunk of change, but that 302k could potentially turn Graham into Trac next week straight up

Martin not a bad option either for defence. Think he'll be a top 6 come seasons end. Sheezel in his current role isn't getting the big scores either so he could be cheap if they switch him back

Mat0369

Laird's TOG is an issue, he was sitting at about 60% in the last quarter and I think finished with 68%.

Crouch was just as bad with about 65% TOG but scored pretty well in comparison.

I haven't had a mid score over the ton so far this week with just Oliver and Butters to play. That's also pretty bad and caps off my crap week so far.

Ringo

Think a lot of us in same boat Matt. Serong is my only mid over 100 with only Merrett and Oliver yet to play, Merrett is my C so hope he comes good.

Colliwobblers

Yeah only 1 from 5 of my mids over 100 and Laird is out, that's enough of that from him.

Got 122 VC on Ryan. Tempted to risk going for the captain score on butters or gawn, but 122 isn't horrible, with all the low mids tho I feel like I need a huge captain score.

Clohesy and Brown also spud up in def, not a great week.

Bully

I think these midfield scores back-up the need for a viable M9, Laird has been underwhelming this year but he's not the only one. The rucks have also been patchy so I'm inclined to get Jackson this week and start looping R2, might need a swingman for round 14 as well.

The three players worth considering this week will be Jackson 510k, Petracca 560-570k and Whitfield 510k.

Mat0369

Round 10

Score: 2,051
Round Rank: 103,236
Cash: $302,100

Trades

Roberts > May
Reid > Sullivan

You cannot view this attachment.

Good: Butters, Grundy, Heeney, Flanders, Macrae, Adams, Wilson
Pass: Daicos
Bad: Dale, Stewart, Windhager, Bont, Miller, Walsh, Green, Sullivan, English
Ugly: Brown, Clohesy, Laird, Clark, Jones, Moore
What the F was I thinking?: May

Well this week was a complete crapshow where the only thing that went right was my captain choice. I was going to pivot from my Trac choice to Rankine until he did his hamstring late in that game. Now I am contemplating a defender and moving Clohesy to my mid bench instead. It means I won't have to field Brown who may be ripe for a downgrade next week. Inital choice would have been Whitfield but I am thinking Houston with his bye instead. My May pick was a disaster so that's a little fun of what do I do with my backline.

Quick thoughts are I dump Sweet and Graham, Richards and Houston in and hope I can get some consistency