2023 - ADT Grand Final Lodgement Thread

Started by Urbaninfinnity, August 21, 2023, 06:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbaninfinnity

2023 ADT Grand Final

IMPORTANT NOTE - PLEASE READ

AFL teams will be announcing their teams at 6:20pm AEST on Thursday (Wednesday for Thursday night games)
Sunday teams are confirmed at 5pm AEST on Friday (Saturday for Monday games)

We WILL NOT be using a partial lockout, please read the rule below.

You are encouraged to name your full team at the start of the round and edit accordingly as teams drop each day. I understand this is not possible for everyone, hence why it would be preferred that people name their full team to begin with.

If you make any edits to your team, please do so in a new 'quote' post.

There is no loopholing allowed in ADT

- With Fri-Sun games back, you can name four (4) emergencies.

- It's the Grand Final, submit your team please!

Friday night FULL LOCKOUT at 7.50pm AEST

- Teams are to be posted in this format only

C: Player name
VC: Player name
EVC: Player name

D: x, x, x, x
M: x, x, x, x, x, x
R: x
F: x, x, x, x
I: x, x, x

Emergencies: x, x, x, x (any position, in preference order)

- No home ground advantage in the Big Dance.
- C is worth x2 and VC is worth x1.5
- OOP Players are worth 50% of their total score

Fixture

Grand Final:

Dallas Coyotes v Springfield Isotopes

Urbaninfinnity

Dallas Coyotes

C: Tim English
VC: Clayton Oliver
EVC: Errol Gulden

D: Jack Sinclair, Bailey Scott, Zach Guthrie, Jordan Clark
M: Clayton Oliver, Noah Anderson, Sam Walsh, Jordan De Goey, Will Setterfield, Conor Nash
R: Tim English
F: Errol Gulden, Sam Flanders, Shai Bolton, Dylan Moore
U: Toby Nankervis (R), Callum Mills (M), Izak Rankine (F)

Emergencies: Harry Perryman (M), Ben Hobbs (F), Zac Fisher (F), Isaac Cumming (D)

IN: Sam Walsh, Jordan De Goey, Will Setterfield
OUT: Patrick Lipinski, Ben Hobbs, Harry Perryman

fanTCfool

Springfield

C: Rory Laird
VC: Rowan Marshall
EVC: Nicholas Newman

Nicholas Newman (EVC), Caleb Daniel, Mason Redman, Shannon Hurn
Rory Laird (C), Adam Cerra, Karl Amon, Oliver Wines, Andrew McGrath, Mason Wood
Rowan Marshall (VC)
Toby Greene, Taylor Walker, Dustin Martin, Bradley Hill
Reilly O'Brien, Blake Hardwick, Jarman Impey

Adam Saad, Dion Prestia, Brandon Ellis, Liam Baker

Urbaninfinnity

The Preview

Dallas Coyotes versus Springfield Isotopes

It's 1 v 2 to cap off what has been perhaps an underwhelming season, given the absence of Koop locking up the top 6 ages in advance, but there have been some compelling storylines regardless! Dallas' domination of the season once again, the injuries and coaching changes kicking Arizona down to a speedy finals exit, the unlikely run of El Paso to make the prelims, and a big rivalry win against Dallas by the (arguable) bottom side in Guadalajara! But for a good month now there has really only been two teams in the hunt for the flag, and that's the two teams left standing.

Shoutout to Dallas who have made it to their first ADT Grand Final! Springfield return to the GF after making back to back appearances in 2020/21 as well, having won in 2020!

Dallas picked up where they left off last season as they cruised to a very comfortable first place finish, securing back to back minor premierships, only faltering twice; The shock loss to rivals Guadalajara... and their opponents this weekend, Springfield. They have however, posted the highest score week on week, and kept the momentum going when injuries and form struck their stars. The run back from injury has been timed to perfection however, as Dallas essentially have their full instalment of guns to choose from, capped off with three big ins to the midfield. Responding to their preliminary final choke in 2022, Dallas look hungry, are fighting fit, and ready to give it everything for a chance at a flag.

For Springfield it hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows this season, loitering about in the top 4 mix for most of the season, but as the H/A season came to a close there was a noticeable shift. Arizona, who had been fairly comfortable in second place all season, were suddenly ruck-less, and Jack Macrae was getting done in by Luke Beveridge. They dropped some games, and the pieces were there for the Isotopes to collect, as they hit a right vein of form, and in the final round slid past the Scorpions to finish second and secure a beneficial double chance. They lost to Dallas, but methodically dismantled Washington and El Paso to book in Round 4 against the Coyotes. The H2H ledger stands 2-1, can they tie it up and win their second flag in four years?

Urbaninfinnity

A message from the coach here, rather than the admin.

I joined ADT and took over Dallas in the back end of 2019. I had never been a part of a keeper league, or any draft league for that matter up to this point, having gotten into supercoach itself one year prior. Suffice to say, Dallas was a hot mess, having been loitering around the bottom half of the table for basically its entire existence. I was excited to be a part of it all and set about culling the oldies, bringing in more youth and after the slam dunk pick of Anderson at 2, infamously drafted Sam Flanders at pick 5 which looked a massive blunder until a couple of months ago when he finally repaid the faith.

Over the next few years I gradually built up this current Dallas side through trade, free agency, the draft, and the re-draft in 2020. I was excited with what I was building, and after finishing 5th in 2021 I knew we were on the cusp of something great, but wasn't ready for what was to come in 2022 as I suited up to run the comp after Nige stepped down. We dominated the 2022 season, as everything clicked into place. We went undefeated in the H/A season, won the minor premiership and made finals for what I believe was the first time in franchise history. We were on top of the world, until we lost our preliminary final matchup. We came back stronger in 2023, and secured back to back minor premierships with another convincing H/A season, dispelling the prelim demons, and I find myself here in Dallas' first Grand Final appearance in the near 10 years of ADT, one step away from the ultimate prize.

Dallas has been a perennial jobber, a backmarker, a joke, throughout ADT's existence. Always on the rebuild, always on the bottom. But regardless of it being through circumstance, luck or coaching genius, I've taken Dallas from the very worst to the very best and I couldn't be prouder of what I've accomplished. ADT is on the decline, there's a fair chance this will be the last season even, but ADT was the first keeper league competition I joined, and you never forget your first.

Win or lose, I'm just happy with what I've done with the Dallas Coyotes, and if it is the end, it's been a damn good ride.

Good luck to Ryno, may the best team win  ;D

Urbaninfinnity

2023 ADT Grand Final - One Last Dance

Our 2023 ADT Premiers are the Dallas Coyotes! Congratulations!

Dallas Drought-Breaking Delight in Dramatic Scorefest
Dallas Coyotes (1960) defeat Springfield Isotopes (1891)

What a game! Our Grand Finalists didn't disappoint, with both teams once again posting monster scores when it matters most! Congratulations to Dallas, who have won their first flag in franchise history! It's been a rapid rise for the Coyotes over the last couple seasons, who have come out of a rebuild looking a million bucks! Commiserations to Springfield as they put up a score that would beat any other team, in any other week, but Dallas were simply too good.

After an even start, it was looking dire for Dallas at the conclusion of Saturday's games, being 180 points down, albeit with a player in hand + VC bonus, and a relatively even spread of players left to come on both sides. But it was an all-time Super Sunday for Dallas that not only closed the gap, but propelled them well ahead of the shocked Isotopes. Enter Sydney duo Callum Mills (155) and Errol Gulden (142) who combined for nearly 300 POINTS to spark the comeback! Adding to the foundations laid by Sam Flanders (146), Bailey Scott (128) and Dylan Moore (127) on Saturday, a trio of 101's in the midfield shored up the lines and offset a stinking 39 from Izak Rankine, as Brody 'Milo' Mihocek was denied a Grand Final berth and made his feelings known with an 89 left begging.
On the Springfield side, Coleman hunting Tex Walker bagged 9 goals on his way to a 164 and a BOG medal to put Springfield ahead on Saturday, assisted by Marshall (132) and captain Laird (110). Seeking to retain the lead, Dusty Martin (113) stepped up as he's prone to do on the big stage, but Springfield just couldn't compete with the ceiling of Dallas' players, despite being the more consistent side, and fell short of the staggering Dallas total.

All said and done, this made it back to back scores of 1960 for Dallas, caping off a truly dominant season with the grandest prize of all. Congratulations again to the Coyotes and their coach, the clear best team all season, and truly deserving winner. If this is to be the final season of ADT, it's hard to think of a better send off than this incredible Grand Final.

Urbaninfinnity

Thank you to all the coaches for participating in ADT this year (even koop). My activity as admin faltered at times, but we came back strong to finish on a high!

The future of ADT is very much up in the air though, but we can have those discussions later. For now, I will bask in the glory of my premiership victory!