Arbel's Aces 2023

Started by arbel, February 15, 2023, 01:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbel

Have a trade dilemma to sort.

Option 1: Ashcroft, Van Rooyen, and Hollands to Drury, Atkins (Cincotta to mids), Green.
Leaves me with 17 keepers, maybe 18 if Duncan performs, 15 trades and 262k in bank.

Option 2: Ashcroft, Baker, and Hollands to Drury, Green, Gulden.
Leaves me with 18 keepers, maybe 19 if Duncan performs, 15 trades and 11.5k in bank.

Option 1 gives me some cash generation, still a decent team.
Option 2 gives me more premiums, but not much cash left, have to keep Van Rooyen with this option but has high BE now so don't want him to bleed cash.

Mat0369

Getting two premiums in looks like a win. Don't know if Atkins holds his spot so I would go with option 2.

arbel

Rd 9 Score 2,265
Rd 9 Position 5,703
Overall position 28,243
Cash $11,800
Trades Remaining 15

Not too disappointed in the score.  Considering captain laird was subbed on 98 and got some rookies wrong.
Only thing concerning is once again injuries. LDU looked serious but they only saying could be 1 week? May just hold him.
Petracca hurt ankle but they said nothing structurally wrong. Laird subbed but didn't hear anything? They said ribs but haven't heard anything from it.

Nothing really pressing this week. Made the right call with my trades last week for once.
Chandler BE up near 100 now so will trade him with either one of these trades:

chandler to sharp - not sure on job security but may hold his spot
chandler to humphrey - don't really like bringing in rookies in this price range, but seems to be in side and the 112 in his price cycle is good.
chandler to berry (suns) - again comes down to job security.

I'm hoping Constable could be back soon and heard that he could be. Has had a couple good games in the 2nd's.
Drury while not getting big scores should make some cash being 102k and should hold his spot with all the injuries to the roos.

Ringo

With Hamstring injury to LDU would be tempted to do these trades Chandler to Humphrey (with a B/e 0f -59) and 2 scores of 50+ over the next 2 weeks will make 100k.  LDU to any mid you can afford. Hamstring injuries usually more than 1 week. 
Think Humphrey possibly has the better JS of the 3 options.  Sharp may be ok for 2 weeks till Rich comes back.

Bully

I think LDU to Walsh is a great trade if you have the cash.

Mat0369

LDU's injury reported as 3-5 weeks on the AFL site injury report tonight. He has to go now. You have a handful of good rookies you can field so I would lean towards Sharp at 124k. Berry could be out this week and Humphrey is far too expensive, even with the potential cash gen. I'd also consider Weddle who has had one price rise but it was moderate and has him sitting at 168k.

LDU to Oliver is the trade I would make. Bont and Dawson will lose some more cash where as Oliver might fluctuate around this price making him the top target right now looking at your team

arbel

Rd 10 Score 2,320
Rd 910 Position 58,730
Overall position 32799
Cash $133,000
Trades Remaining 13

What to do ... couldn't have gotten things more wrong this week.  Somehow managed to get wins in all my leagues.
Through injuries, and at risk of copping donuts had to fix those and went against what I was hoping, Humphries seemed expensive but annoyed at missing that pickup
Sharp did what I thought but should keep his spot with Rich still a few away and hoping he can have a couple decent more scores.
Cincotta dropped but with Carlton loss hopefully gets back in. The early Drury pickup hasn't paid off just hope with the injuries he stays in.
Simpson a complete disaster scoring 20 and getting subbed.

Only thing I got right was went Walsh over Clarry, while not scoring great looks like I dodged yet another injury.
So many premos this year are either injured or their form is all over the shop.
Don't know what to do this week, barring breakevens might be worth just sitting and wait til maybe Wardlaw next week.
Only 13 trades don't want to burn them all.

Bully

What are the odds of Cincotta returning? I would love to keep him for the year but simply cannot carry him through the byes.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on May 22, 2023, 02:12:20 PM
What are the odds of Cincotta returning? I would love to keep him for the year but simply cannot carry him through the byes.

I would say high, although I don't know if he played in the VFL on the weekend. We were awful and they could easily make 4-5 changes but will likely go with one or two that don't make a ton of sense.

I think Wardlaw is worth going early and Simpson to Wardlaw is a move I am looking at. He is a little more expensive but he looked great on the weekend

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 22, 2023, 07:03:31 PM

I would say high, although I don't know if he played in the VFL on the weekend. We were awful and they could easily make 4-5 changes but will likely go with one or two that don't make a ton of sense.

I think Wardlaw is worth going early and Simpson to Wardlaw is a move I am looking at. He is a little more expensive but he looked great on the weekend

If I pick Wardlaw it leaves me with zero defensive cover, that's my fear & the reason I'm considering Atkins. Cincotta returning would solve plenty of problems.

arbel

Quote from: Bully on May 22, 2023, 07:29:32 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on May 22, 2023, 07:03:31 PM

If I pick Wardlaw it leaves me with zero defensive cover, that's my fear & the reason I'm considering Atkins. Cincotta returning would solve plenty of problems.

Yeah if Cincotta returns that does solve problems. 1 is cover for either defence or mids and 2 would make some more cash.
I'm happy to hold Simpson this week. Has average of 58 and BE of 59 so might get to it and not lose cash.

Wardlaw definitely on the cards as a trade target. Yes a bit expensive but he looked good.

Mat0369

Simpson has been really hit and miss. He goes missing for long periods playing as a deep forward but can score when he gets near it. I don't really want him bleeding more cash with the 20 in his rotation, being able to bank 70k turning him into Wardlaw seems like a decent option. If it's this week or next I think that's the move.

arbel

Rd 11 Score 2,344
Rd 11 Position 15,641
Overall position 28,621
Cash $45,500
Trades Remaining 11

Not the best and not the worst. Guess the best thing is I avoided any new injuries. Wasn't going to use trades but once teams came out I was in trouble.
So had to go Duncan down to Weddle for cash grab and Simpson to Steele. Probably not the best but on value was best choice, hope he finds form.
Byes are here, obvious trade I see is Wilmot out, he's been great but with the bye and 29 in his price cycle will probably turn him into Ford.
Probably content after that, nothing glaringly presenting at the moment. Have to try work Macrae into fwd's thats about it.

Bully

Steele doesn't look fit to me, I also think his scores have been flattering due to the tackle count. I put him in the Ollie Wines category of not quite premo.

arbel

Quote from: Bully on May 29, 2023, 04:32:11 PM
Steele doesn't look fit to me, I also think his scores have been flattering due to the tackle count. I put him in the Ollie Wines category of not quite premo.

Yeah I thought he was just still working back into it but could have made the wrong choice there and I'll have to hold now.