Arbel's Aces 2023

Started by arbel, February 15, 2023, 01:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbel

Well that thoroughly backfired on me.
Went with Duncan and he royally screwed up. Hacked the ball all day and only got 34 against an undermanned eagles.
Want to fix that but think I have to stick to get other things sorted first. He should come better and happy to upgrade him last if need be
Scored 2200 so wasn't too bad but could have been better.

Backs: Daicos, Lloyd, Duncan, McKenna, Ginbey, Wilmot ....... Constable, Cowan
Mids: Laird, LDU, Petracca , Brayshaw, Green, Phillips, Ashcroft, MacKenzie ....... Hollands, Baker, Phillipou
Rucks: English, Marshall ....... Madden
Fwds: Dunkley, Rozee, Taranto, Sheezel, Pedlar, Ziebell ....... Chandler, VanRooyen

So plans this week:

Trade out Ginbey and Mackenzie as they have high Break evens. Move one of Sheezel/Ziebell to defence.
Bringing in Roberts to mid and Williams to fwd. Then thinking one of the following.

Trade Baker and bring in Bont
Trade Baker, Wilmot to mids and bring in Stewart.
Trade Baker, Wilmot to mids, Ziebell to defence and bring in Cogs

Could also do this with Ashcroft/Chandler just think they have a bit more money to make

All 3 have there positive and negative outcomes. I think comes to job security of remaining rookies.
Would hate to burn Baker, then with Brown probably coming back for Melbourne and Gawn could see one of Chandler/VanRooyen missing out.

Mat0369

That's just terrible luck with Duncan. It seemed like a perfect storm with 0 contested possessions and 57% efficiency.

Looking at your team the players that stand out are Ginbey and Mackenzie due to the high BE's. Constable is the other since he isn't getting a game. You have a pretty strong crop of rookies across all lines. Pedlar and Chandler are more than capable of holding down F6, Phillips, Ashcroft and one of Hollands, Baker or Phillipou is as good as you can get in the midfield.

Can you make just the two trades and pass on Williams? So Ginbey to Cogs and Mackenzie to Roberts or are you short on the cash? I think you can even make the 2nd trade by moving Wilmot into the midfield, pushing both of Sheezel and Ziebell back and bringing him in as a forward

Chandler will hold his spot, I think the Dees only play one of TMac or Van Rooyen and Van Rooyen may get the go this week.

arbel

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 20, 2023, 01:16:25 AM
Can you make just the two trades and pass on Williams? So Ginbey to Cogs and Mackenzie to Roberts or are you short on the cash? I think you can even make the 2nd trade by moving Wilmot into the midfield, pushing both of Sheezel and Ziebell back and bringing him in as a forward

Chandler will hold his spot, I think the Dees only play one of TMac or Van Rooyen and Van Rooyen may get the go this week.

I can do that trade, I do have the cash just. Maybe that is the go this week.
Ginbey and Mackenzie out. Wilmot to mids, Sheezel and Ziebell to backs and Roberts and Cogs into fwds

Mat0369

Next week you can than look at bringing in Mitchell if he scores well and holds his spot. That opens up the swing with Ziebell/Sheezel and you may have enough to upgrade Ashcroft

Bully

Those are pretty good trades.

arbel

Took some punts and managed to get a decent score of 2169 this week.

Brought in Cogs, Degoey and Roberts, had him on the bench so didn't cost me too much.

Backs: Daicos, Lloyd, Duncan, Sheezel, McKenna, Wilmot ....... Constable, Cowan
Mids: Laird, LDU, Petracca , Brayshaw, De Goey, Phillips, Ashcroft, Hollands ....... Roberts, Baker, Phillipou
Fwds: Dunkley, Rozee, Taranto, Coniglio, Pedlar, Ziebell ....... Chandler, VanRooyen

My foward line is good so no need for changes there. Carrying a few donuts in Roberts now and Constable.
Happy to hold and loop them as not many big must have downgrades. All my rookies still have gettable breakeven so probably just do the couple of trades for cash generation.

Thinking Wilmot/Cowan to Mitchell and Phillipou to Wagner depending on team selections.
Thought of Sturt maybe but fwds all doing well so no need. No other rookies pressing claims and can wait next week for Cincotta.

Laird may miss and that sucks cos all my opponents don't have him but can't do sideways cos want to hold trades.

Mat0369

I'd look to try and get Chandler onto your field if possible. Maybe Cowan out, Ziebell back, Roberts forward, Wilmot into the midfield and then bring in Mitchell down back. You can hopefully loop McKenna and Mitchell at D6 using Constable. I'm not sure if that gives you the cash to upgrade Phillips? If not maybe you can turn Phillips into Sturt or go early on Cincotta?

arbel

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 28, 2023, 01:04:25 AM
I'd look to try and get Chandler onto your field if possible. Maybe Cowan out, Ziebell back, Roberts forward, Wilmot into the midfield and then bring in Mitchell down back. You can hopefully loop McKenna and Mitchell at D6 using Constable. I'm not sure if that gives you the cash to upgrade Phillips? If not maybe you can turn Phillips into Sturt or go early on Cincotta?

Yeah I have been playing Chandler on field that was just copying my team from previous posts.
I'm happy to hold Phillips for the moment as ne glaringly obvious choices coming in. Want to give CInotta another week in case injury/bad game/gets dropped next week.
I like the idea of moving players like you said, had planned to get Ziebell to def at some stage.
Don't have cash to upgrade phillips to anyone meaningful but could go Sturt, not sure on his job security.

Mat0369

I would be worried that Phillips gets the vest this week but there are zero rookies other than Mitchell worth grabbing. It is a pretty crappy week for downgrades and upgrades. Hopefully next week is a little bit easier with Cincotta looking the goods again

arbel

Will this nightmare ever end ... now LDU is out so have to rethink my trades as I'm expecting Laird to be a late out as well.
All my opponents this week have neither of those players so think need some sort of cover in case Laird out.
I've been a fan of Day's and he has a low breakeven. Slight chance that he will become a keeper in defence as well.

So now thinking

Cowan to Mitchell, Phillips to Cincotta (have to pull him a week earlier than expected) then Phillipou to Day, leaving me 92k
Play Day in the mids this week then next week trade Wilmot/Mckenna out, and swing Day to defence and bring in some rookie, maybe Simpson.

Either way definitely doing Cowan to Mitchell so could still do the Phillips to Cincotta and hope my rookies have blinder games.

Mat0369

Did you end up using the boost? Those trades look pretty good. There is some risk in Cincotta but could be worth it.

Next week could be a double down week even if you did grab Cincotta this week. Teakle will probably hold his spot and Sam Simpson is the other who could be a gem if he gets a consistent run

arbel

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 29, 2023, 01:44:39 AM
Did you end up using the boost? Those trades look pretty good. There is some risk in Cincotta but could be worth it.

Next week could be a double down week even if you did grab Cincotta this week. Teakle will probably hold his spot and Sam Simpson is the other who could be a gem if he gets a consistent run

Nah didn't do those trades, went McKenna to Mitchell and Phillips to Day. Saved my boost.
McKenna probably could of stayed but I needed cover to make a working team so he went. Nearing the end of his cash gen and may have gone a week or 2 early but that's okay

arbel

Better week this time round.

Score:  2257
Round rank: 29915
Overall: 35951

Backs: Daicos, Lloyd, Duncan, Sheezel, Day, Wilmot ....... Mitchell, Cowan
Mids: Laird, LDU, Petracca , Brayshaw, De Goey, Ashcroft, Hollands, Baker ....... Roberts, Phillipou, Constable
Fwds: Dunkley, Rozee, Taranto, Coniglio, Chandler, Ziebell ....... Pedlar, VanRooyen

No pressing issues that I can see at the moment beside Duncan and Brayshaw. Happy to keep them though as last player upgrades. Happy with FWD's. Have all top averaging players besides Cameron
Will just come down to current playing rookies breakevens. Happy to keep Roberts and Constable as floating donuts.
Thinking most likely Phillipou and Cowan to Cincotta and Simpson. Probably the most likely.
Depending on breakevens for Pedlar/Vanrooyen. Could do one of them and swing roberts forward.

Oh how do you paste team pic in ... probably easier than me typing out all the time :P

Mat0369

Screenshot your team on the website and then drag and drop the screenshot into imgur. It's super easy on a computer/laptop compared to a phone.

Two solid downgrade options, only other player I would keep an eye on this week is Teakle. He is only worth grabbing if you have a playing bench rookie in the forward line which you do

arbel

Okay so not a bad week for me.

Round Score: 2247

Duncan finally did something this week so has earnt a reprieve. Think his scores may improve with Danger out as well so he will be a luxury trade if needed.
LDU has been inconsistent but think he will come good. Otherwise fairly happy with the team at the moment

So were too this week. My mids are the line that needs improving on.
No real rookies pressing claims except if Drury holds his spot could be a good pick purely on price.
Van Rooyen likely suspended so could go Van Rooyen to Drury then one of Wilmot/Hollands/Baker to either Parish or Steele.
Really comes down to breakevens and which players are maxed out to who will make more money.