Previous topic - Next topic

ChuckStig

Offensive Player of the Year
Winners: Connor Rozee (Carolina) and Isaac Heeney (Houston) - 27 votes

It’s a draw, both the teams are even!
And there’s nothing left to say!
When the siren ends the game, and the scores are both the same,
Only Football’s the winner today!

Wowee! Two young guns who took their games to the next level, and could not be split by ASC Coaches as Offensive Player of the Year.

Houston's Isaac Heeney continued his rise to super stardom at Sydney, with an SC average of 101 and 2.1 Goals per Game.
Meanwhile, Carolina's Connor Rozee singlehandedly turned Port Adelaide's season around with a shuffle into the midfield, averaging a remarkable 93 PPG, to go with 0.8 Goals per game

Congratulations to both of these young stars on winning Offensive Player of the Year

Third: Jeremy Cameron (Quito) - 26 votes
Fourth: Dylan Moore (Wisconsin) - 25 votes
Fifth: Darcy Cameron (Colorado) - 23 votes

wait Heeney plays for Sydney? and isn't on the Sinners list? outrageous

Nige

Coaches’ Coaches Award
Winner: Koop (25 votes)

The people's champion - Dwayne Coop 'The Rock Pelican' Johnson [redacted]! I only gave him two votes so I dunno what the fuss is about. At least if Jukes won we could claim it was rigged. Anyway, we all love Coop, as is reflected in the voting, even if he is guilty of being the ultimate pelican at the best and worst of times. Also extremely disappointed the vote was so close, missed out on strong potential to say he won in an... avalanche. 8) I have no doubt this award is the motivation he needs to have a very busy offseason and transform Colorado into a powerhouse that goes undefeated for years to come. Prove me wrong Coop, you wouldn't.

Humbled for 3rd btw.

Second: Jukes (24 votes)
Third: Nige (22 votes)
Fourth: Tom (21 votes)
Fifth: Kilbluff and Ryno (19 votes)

Jukes

Coach of the Year
Winners: Tom and Stig (35 votes)
What a tight vote between our three top-three coaches! But unfortunately Urbs falls just short (where else have I seen that recently?) as we share the award between our back-to-back Premiership Coach and the man behind this Boston team that just keeps on competing year after year, whether it be carried by Selwood, Goldstein and Pendlebury or Neale, Laird and Keays. Every coach received multiple votes (in both COTY and the Coaches' Coaches Award), but it's hard to topple the success of these sides - although to his credit SL placed fifth with a terrible side so who knows!

Reusing this image because I'm lazy and it's close enough

Third: Urbs (33 votes)
Fourth: Fantasy Fool (18 votes)
Fifth: SilverLion (12 votes)

fanTCfool

Defensive Player of the Year
Winner: Jordan Dawson (Las Vegas) - 39 votes

Congratulations to Jordan Dawson for being crowned the defensive player of the season! Not for the first time this season, Jordan has covered himself in glory. Much like the kick, I am reliably informed the voting swung back in his favour late. Despite his on-field achievements, Jordan's defensive talents were best displayed on media street as he deflected questions as to how he could possibly remain on the Las Vegas list despite being traded away from the Sydney Swans.

Second: Sam Docherty (Carolina) - 34 votes
Third: Jack Sinclair (Houston) - 32 votes
Fourth: Tom Stewart (San Francisco) - 29 votes
Fifth: James Sicily (Chicago) - 28 votes

Jukes

Rookie of the Year
Winner: Nick Daicos (Brooklyn) - 51 votes

Was it ever in any doubt? Possibly the best debut season by a player in competition history, Daics never looked in doubt from round 1 until we voted - and surely coaches who didn't give him 5 votes should be barred from voting? Nic Martin was a reasonable runner-up and a mid-season draft second place should definitely get some props, as much as I feel Jai Newcombe should've been there (don't sleep on his 87 average for the season!). Remember when people thought JHF and Daics were even in the same stratosphere? Actually such an easy photo choice btw.

Second: Nic Martin (Anaheim) - 39 votes
Third: Jai Newcombe (Colorado) - 36 votes
Fourth: Sam De Koning (Las Vegas) - 18 votes
Fifth: Josh Rachele (Chicago) - 9 votes

Jukes

Coaches Award
Winner: Chad Warner (Las Vegas) - 39 votes

Hijacking this award too to get us moving on the MVP -> Priority picks -> previous player allocation -> exchanging explicit images of our buttholes line! Speaking of that, our relatively runaway winner, and premiership player is deservedly Chad "Chadley" "Send me the dropbox link Jukesy please" Warner! He bumped his average up almost 30 points in his third year (remember way back when everybody yapped on about the third year breakout?), including an average of over 107 in the last two months of the season when it mattered most. 10 tons for the season, winning this prestigious gong by 10 votes over Dylan Moore, with a fair share of other players not far behind them (Sam Berry missing out on fifth by a vote).

Pictured: my favourite image of Chad, slightly edited to meet FF guidelines.

Second: Dylan Moore (Wisconsin) - 29 votes
Third: Jack Sinclair (Houston) - 25 votes
Fourth: Darcy Cameron (Colorado) and Mason Redman (San Francisco) - 19 votes

Jukes

Most Valuable Player Award - the Milo Medal
Winner: Rory Laird (Boston) - 54 votes

A runaway winner, Laird polled maximum votes from every coach except one where he got the four. The league's highest averaging player, Laird finished 21 votes (but only 0.7 points per game) ahead of Clarry in very much a two horse race, everybody else fighting for third - which in another system would've been Laird's Boston teammate Choccy Neale - how bad must their other 16 players be to finish third? A deserved winner to finally finish awards season! Polls tonight xxx maybe

Second: Clayton Oliver (Chicago) - 33 votes
Third: Touk Miller (Wisconsin) and Jack Sinclair (Houston) - 20 votes
Fifth: Tom Stewart (San Francisco) - 19 votes