Main Menu

I'm retiring

Started by LaHug, May 16, 2022, 10:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Apologies in advance for the longish post (tl;dr - I'm done with fantasy football).

As some of you know, I was just overseas for a month. I gave away my DT and SC passwords while I was away. I think it took me NOT doing fantasy to realise just how much time and energy I put into my teams every week. Particularly as I started doing very well the last few years, I was obsessed. Having a break opened my eyes to just how bad this was for my mental health, my life balance, and my effectiveness at work. So, in the interest of my wellbeing, and knowing that I'm incapable of just half-arsing it, I'm retiring.

This community, both on FanFooty and DRSC, has been a huge part of my life for the last 15 years. I just want to say thank you all for the advice, the fun conversations, the banter, and the friendship. I still exist (and won't be leaving FF for now) but I just won't be running teams.

Keep in touch!

Huggy

Ringo

Can understand as Fantasy does take time. I am considering also reducing my involvement mainly due to age and mental stress.

I enjoy your banter and friendship,  Well done and delighted you will still be around FF for a while.

GoLions

Onya Huggy. I stopped doing fantasy (outside of XVs) a few years ago, can actually enjoy watching the footy now without worrying about how player x is going haha, and as you said had a huge impact on life balance, work, etc.

Stay in touch in the Discord server though <3

Ziplock

Completely fair LH!

To do fantasy properly takes so much time, and if you don't do it properly (like I made a SC team last minute this year) it just isn't as fun/engaging ( keep forgetting to check my team before lockout rip).

I think everyone hits their cap at some point with fantasy football, and it's not like you didn't hit some highlights!

Fid