Rookie locks Rd1

Started by whynot102, March 05, 2022, 08:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whynot102

Thinking so far Gisbus, Ward, JHF, Daicos, Rachele, Hingle looked okay I know all expensive however feel we will have to pay this year.

Anyone else.

Mat0369

I can't be the only one worried about rookies right?

Backline looks bare bones. Hinge might lock down a wing spot with Dawson and Seed injured. Gibcus is pricey and could pop out 40's every week. De Koning is in the same boat but at least cheap. Kreuger looks to be playing forward for the Pies and at his price I'm a little put off. Otherwise is there anyone else?

Mids it looks like we have the following

Horne-Francis
Davies
Macrae
Ralphsmith
Daicos
Ward
Stephens
McEntee (could replace Robbie Gray)
Mead
MacDonald
Roberts
Tsitas?

It is also the line with some of the best stepping stone options in Berry, Rowell, Caldwell, Clark, Lipinski, Shiel, McDonald and Cripps.

Ruck 3 is probably going to be Dixon or Hayes with the other possibly forward.

Forwards we have the following

Dixon/Hayes
Martin (although probably not in the 22 yet)
Maginness
Durdin (injury pending)
Baldwin
Rachele (although 180k forward pockets seem like a terrible idea.

They also have the following mid price options

Brodie
Curnow
Rioli
Henry
McGovern (250k)
Stengle
Cogs
Cockatoo
Rayner
Greshem
Nash

Might be a handful of others as well

Bully

Is anyone considering overlooking JHF? I'm concerned he'll be stationed forward and he has also shown some weakness to the tag, courtesy of Sheldrick.

enzedder

Quote from: Bully on March 13, 2022, 01:26:07 PM
Is anyone considering overlooking JHF? I'm concerned he'll be stationed forward and he has also shown some weakness to the tag, courtesy of Sheldrick.
Not in my team. Took him out to afford expensive rookies in forwards and defence.
He was the one to go for the reason you stated.

Bully

Jake Soligo in!

That's good news as I'm still unsure about  Stephens/McDonald.

Mat0369

Cooper Stephens is not playing. Soligo is a bonus. It allows the option for 2 117k guys, but do you not pick one of Ward/Dylan Stephens to fit him in?

frenzy

RaisyDaisy

DEF: McCartin and SDK/Kelly are the only ones I'm interested in

Hinge's JS has to be dicey (although I do see the appeal), and I'm not paying 170k for Gibcus. I'm going super deep down back which is a benefit of avoiding these expensive questionable rookies

MID: Dylan Stephens at M9 is a must now - can't be relying on 3 of the 117-123k rookies, and I've currently got Hough and MacDonald with him. Will grab McEntee or Ned Long M11 donut if MacDonald doesn't make it. Have zero interest in Soligo

FWD: Baldwin and Hayes are the only two to look at, in addition to the defs with D/F (McCartin, Kelly, SDK). Rachele is a lock on field. The likes of Durdin and Maginess are not worth starting imo - grab them at Round 3 if they've proven worthy

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 16, 2022, 07:42:58 PM
DEF: McCartin and SDK/Kelly are the only ones I'm interested in

Hinge's JS has to be dicey (although I do see the appeal), and I'm not paying 170k for Gibcus. I'm going super deep down back which is a benefit of avoiding these expensive questionable rookies

MID: Dylan Stephens at M9 is a must now - can't be relying on 3 of the 117-123k rookies, and I've currently got Hough and MacDonald with him. Will grab McEntee or Ned Long M11 donut if MacDonald doesn't make it. Have zero interest in Soligo

FWD: Baldwin and Hayes are the only two to look at, in addition to the defs with D/F (McCartin, Kelly, SDK). Rachele is a lock on field. The likes of Durdin and Maginess are not worth starting imo - grab them at Round 3 if they've proven worthy

Disagree on Durdin, can loop him if Dixon misses, these smalls can kick a bag and you can scoop up the tons.