2022 Mids

Started by enzedder, January 07, 2022, 10:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Any of Macrae, Steele, Oliver, Bontempelli, Touk, Titch, Parish, Wines and Neale should see you right. Probably need 4 of them to start and think you’d be crazy not to have Neale at his price.
Probably could put Walsh into that group too but his disposal efficiency puts me off slightly. The counter argument is that applied to Ollie Wines and look how he went last season.
Cases could be made for Merrett, Petracca, Lyons, Kelly, and Guthrie too but you’re probably better off sticking to the aforementioned group who have a better chance of finishing in the top8 at season’s end.

Danger is considerably cheaper than the most expensive picks and is capable of having those massive games that make you want to own him. He will be tempting but the risks probably outweigh the positives. Still he may be one that separates
the best teams from the pack.

Rowell at 343k is a mid price option. He’s probably on everyone’s watch list in the preseason. He looked decidedly average on return last year and it is probably best to leave him out of your plans unless it becomes obvious you can’t.

Berry at 268k is much better value in comparison. Averaged 97SC in 2020 in a season where he went 120+ 6 times… picks himself really.

Forget the rest and fill with rookies but probably not JHF

don200652

Maybe I've got my optimistic rose coloured Blue glasses on but I can see Walsh going to another
level this year.
Also although he's lost Def status I wouldn't discount Laird from becoming a decent
mid premo option - he finished last year as well as anyone
A structure with Neale at M5 seems to me to be the best this year 

Mat0369

Quote from: don200652 on January 21, 2022, 02:31:15 PM
Maybe I've got my optimistic rose coloured Blue glasses on but I can see Walsh going to another
level this year.
Also although he's lost Def status I wouldn't discount Laird from becoming a decent
mid premo option - he finished last year as well as anyone
A structure with Neale at M5 seems to me to be the best this year

Walsh was huge last year. It's just learning to deal with the tag and I think he becomes the main target this season from opposition midfields. Teams started getting him with the tag but hopefully the added depth in the midfield this year helps him get off the leash. 

I'm looking at Macrae as mid 1. I think he is the safest bet of all the available mids.

I like Touk and Parrish as POD's as well. Touk was super consistent last year and not only does he have a high floor he has a really great ceiling. When Parrish went into the midfield he was a monster. He was tagged a couple times last year for some poor scores, but his ceiling is massive.

If I'm looking at guys that are safe bets I think Steele and Oliver would be the other two to consider at M2/M3. Bont can also kill you if you don't have him with his ceiling.

I'm thinking Neale at M4 is a lock. His price is too tempting and he should be able to bounce back. I don't think his scores will be as big as 2020, but he should be around the 110 mark.

There is a group of tempting midprice options lead by Matt Crouch and Rowell. Crouch would have to be picked as a keeper and at under 500k there is a lot of risk vs reward. Rowell is the perfect price for a stepping stone and should have a full pre-season. I think Yeo is also under 500k again which is tempting if he is fully fit.

Berry, Finn Macrae, Horne-Francis, Constable and Daicos are all expensiveish rookie priced. Berry is the lock of that bunch. Macrae and Constable may not be best 22 so they're question marks. I think Horne-Francis could have a nice run of scores and is worth grabbing. Same goes for Daicos if he is playing off HB.

I'm probably leaning towards structuring up with 4 premiums including Neale, 1 mid price option and then the rookies including Berry. There are probably some other names I'm forgetting without having the list in front of me.

Mat0369

Who's starting Cripps?  :-X

Goosey

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 03, 2022, 09:29:17 PM
Not planning to, stuck with him all last year, and probably the year before, not this year. He'll probably fire up though!

Blaircam

Quote from: Goosey on March 08, 2022, 09:21:33 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 03, 2022, 09:29:17 PM
Not planning to, stuck with him all last year, and probably the year before, not this year. He'll probably fire up though!

With Walsh out and at his price I am seriously considering starting with Cripps