The Process 2022

Started by Mat0369, January 31, 2022, 01:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

I like those trades, I'm thinking about ways to get Heeney/Butters myself, bearing in mind Heeney is a trading stock and will have to peak around 550k to make it worthwhile.

Mat0369

Heeney is looking like a top 6 forward right now. Having said that, he has kicked 8 goals over those two games. When those numbers come down how does he score then?

Hewett's score also caught me by surprise. I think it's the boost from the contested possessions but it also doesn't seem sustainable. Once Cerra is back next week that midfield mix changes again.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 26, 2022, 02:58:45 PM
Heeney is looking like a top 6 forward right now. Having said that, he has kicked 8 goals over those two games. When those numbers come down how does he score then?

Hewett's score also caught me by surprise. I think it's the boost from the contested possessions but it also doesn't seem sustainable. Once Cerra is back next week that midfield mix changes again.

Think you are over analysing Hewett's role, that's 5 tons on the trot for him once you factor in last season, 5 game average 112, 12 game average 97.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 26, 2022, 03:09:17 PM
Think you are over analysing Hewett's role, that's 5 tons on the trot for him once you factor in last season, 5 game average 112, 12 game average 97.

It was more how he scored what he did. The midfield mix may not make that much of a difference, but I feel that when a player has 32 with 27 handballs they don't score 117 without filling up the stat sheet elsewhere. He had 2 marks and I think 4 tackles?

Mat0369

Score: 2485
Round Rank: 1,567
Cash: $95,800

Good: Rich, Crisp, Ryan, Ridley, Hinge, McCartin, Macrae, Miller, Neale, Cripps, Horne-Francis, Stephens (bench), Butters, Cogs, Xerri

Pass: Berry, Witts, Grundy, Dunkley, Hayes

Bad: Daicos, Ward, Rowell

Ugly: Gov, Durdin, Gibcus

I only made the one trade in the end of Baldwin to Hayes. I want Gov out this week. Other than Gov, the next three that I see as problematic are Gibcus, Ward and Berry.

Berry scored maybe just enough to hold, but the idea was to maybe downgrade him to a cheaper player and turn Gov into Hewett. I'm 3k short of Gov>Hewett and Berry>Brodie

The other choice would be to offload Ward to maybe MacDonald, having said that, Ward scored 80ish in DT so he is winning the ball and could break big in the next couple of weeks.

Option 3, and the way I am leaning. Berry>Caldwell and Gov >Brodie. Merrett out has opened a spot up in the Dons midfield full time and Caldwell seems to have played well the first two rounds. He is what I thought Berry would be.  Gov to Brodie lets me pocket a bunch of cash and maybe push for an early upgrade with what I have in the bank.

Bully

Solid trades, Caldwell is a low risk, high return play. Berry is playing hurt, that's why I punted him last week.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 28, 2022, 08:38:19 PM
Solid trades, Caldwell is a low risk, high return play. Berry is playing hurt, that's why I punted him last week.

Berry was tagging Merrett after he started on fire. 75 is decent. However Caldwell will make a bunch of quick cash which is why I am looking at that sideways move.

Mat0369

Ended  up settling with Hewett and Rachele. Rachele and Brodie may make similar coin and Hewett is a keeper. I was also put off a little bit that we couldn't see the teams for the Eagles vs Dockers game. I don't want to risk bringing in Brodie and having him not play. End result is below

Rich, Crisp, Ryan, Ridley, Hewett, Hinge (Gibcus, De Koning (E))
Macrae (VC), Miller, Neale, Cripps, Rowell, Cogs, Horne-Francis, Daicos (Stephens (E), Ward, Hough)
Grundy, Witts (Dixon)
Dunkley, Butters, Xerri, McCartin, Martin, Hayes (Rachele (E), Durdin)

Assuming that Dixon doesn't play I am going to try and loop Rachele with Hayes. My gut says that with Williams in ISO that Dixon will play which might make that a useless move.

I really want Lloyd and Hall for my backline so in a way I feel the Hewett move may have been the wrong one. Having said that, if he comes out with a ton than I can't really complain. English is the only player that is looking like a must have that I don't. I couldn't get him in with my original structure but a Witts to English move may be on the cards pending performance over the next handful of games.

Mat0369

Powell-Pepper can F off for cleaning up Butters

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 01, 2022, 09:44:07 PM
Powell-Pepper can F off for cleaning up Butters

This was my concern leading into the season, he's a very accident prone player, supremely talented but still a bit of a punching bag.

Mat0369

Score: 2083
Round Rank: 76,796
Cash: $36,500

Good: Ridley, Hewett, Hinge, Rowell, Cogs, Daicos, Witts, Dunkley, Xerri, Martin, Durdin (bench), Gibcus, Dixon
Pass: Neale, Horne-Francis, McCartin
Bad: Rich, Crisp, Ryan, Macrae, Ward, Hayes, Grundy (possibly harsh), De Koening
Ugly: Miller captain, Hough, Stephens, Rachele, Butters

What a fricken disaster. My big 3 back prems flopped again.
My two big gun mids scored under 100 with me picking the worst of my 4 options for captain.
Butters gets cleaned up by his teammate and scores horribly.
I held Ward instead of using my boost and dumping him to a cheaper mid and grabbing Brodie instead of Rachele.
I also didn't take the cash making duo of Caldwell and Brodie over Hewett and Rachele. I wanted to stay away from Rachele all pre-season due to the small forward inconsistencies and ended up grabbing him anyway to see a pathetic 36.

I'm inclined to hold this week and hope my team bounces back. Skinner is out injured. Rioli and Dow are too expensive. I might hold out for Preuss next week. I am a little unsure of potential downgrade options otherwise and I may need a couple of price rises before I make any trades.

Ringo

Join the club and as you have seen from mine similar.  We can all hope bounce back this week.

whynot102

Is Rachele to Rioli worth the trade as Rioli -40 breakeven makes $60k week one assuming he plays this week

Mat0369

Quote from: whynot102 on April 06, 2022, 08:32:07 PM
Is Rachele to Rioli worth the trade as Rioli -40 breakeven makes $60k week one assuming he plays this week

Possibly. Rioli did kick 4 goals and play a pathetic North with a ton of mid time for his big score. I think I hold this week and look at Preuss next week as a cash gen option.

Right now I feel the weak spots in my team is M8 or F6. Rachele to Rioli may fix it. It means I play Cogs at M6 pushing Daicos to M8 with Martin at F6.

Mat0369

With Stephens out I'm contemplating Stephens to Rioli. Thoughts?