Must improve on last year

Started by Ashmore62, December 16, 2021, 06:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashmore62

First crack..
Def: Lloyd, Hall, Daniel, Whitfield, Gibcus, Wanganeen- Milera, Subs: Rankin, Dean.

Mids: Steele, Miller, Bont, Walsh, Berry, Horne-Francis, N Daikos, Maginess. Subs: M Johnson, Burgoyne, Sonsie.

Rucks: Gawn, Preuss. Sub: Akuie.

Forwards: Dunkley, Walker, Rayner, Coniglio, S Darcy, Rachele. Subs: S Philip, F Evans.

$289k left.

coglan13

If that is Tex Walker in your forward line, he is suspended for the first 3 weeks.

Ashmore62

Def: Lloyd, Hall, Sicily, Whitfield, Gibcus, Wanganeen- Milera, Subs: Rankin, Dean.

Mids: Steele, Miller, Bont, Walsh, Berry, Horne-Francis, N Daikos, Willis. Subs: M Johnson, Burgoyne, Sonsie.

Rucks: Gawn, Preuss. Sub: Akuie.

Forwards: Dunkley, Dusty, Rayner, Coniglio, S Darcy, Rachele. Subs: J Motlop , F Evans.

Cheers Cogs.. couple of changes made. 350k in the bank.

Ashmore62

Def: Lloyd, Hall, Ridley, Salem, Gibcus, Wanganeen- Milera, Subs: Rankin, Dean.

Mids: Steele, Miller, Oliver, Bont, Berry, Horne-Francis, N Daikos, Willis. Subs: M Johnson, Burgoyne, Sonsie.

Rucks: Gawn, Preuss. Sub: E Benning

Forwards: Dunkley, Dusty, Rayner, Coniglio, Curnow, Rachele. Subs: J Motlop , F Evans.

Just a few changes..  Is Berry, Rayner, Coniglio, Curnow to risky or great value??
Ringo will Rayner and Berry play Round 1 ? $236k in the bank.

Ringo

Both will be in the mix for Rd 1. Both were training solidly prior to Christmas break.

Ashmore62

Def: Lloyd, Rich, Hall, Sicily, Marchbank, S Darcy, Subs: Skinner, Dean.

Mids: Macrae, Steele, Miller, Neale, Rowell, Horne-Francis, N Daikos, G Clark. Subs: M Johnson, Sonsie, N Long

Rucks: Gawn, Preuss. Sub: D Akuei

Forwards: Dunkley, Dusty, Rayner, Coniglio, Curnow, Rachele. Subs: E Hollands , F Evans.

143k left.
Happy new year all. First team for 2022.

Ashmore62

Def: Lloyd, Stewart,( Ridley,Short) Sicily, W/neen Milera, De Koning, Subs: Gould, Dean.

Mids: Miller, Bont, (Parish, Walsh, Wines), Neale, Cogs, Horne-Francis, N Daikos, Hollands. Subs: M Johnson, Sonsie, Parker

Rucks: Gawn, Darcy. Sub: D Akuei

Forwards: Dunkley, Dusty, Gresham, Rayner, Rachele, Maginness. Subs:J Motlop ,N Long.

123k remaining.
Went back to 2 premium Rucks.. Can't trust Preuss..
Thoughts??

Ringo

Solid Team

Mids pretty standard with most teams having Neale at M4. Miller nice POD as first team I have seen with him. Need to watch preseason though to see whether additions to Suns may effect output. Rowell also under immense scrutiny so he may also step up.

With Rucks you could look at a lower priced ruck and Preuss as R3. That way you can see which premium ruck is performing and upgrade,

Good luck.

Mat0369

I like the Miller pick. He is in my side as well for the time being. He was super consistent last year, does just about everything and is in his prime.

Ashmore62

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 26, 2022, 09:14:05 PM
I like the Miller pick. He is in my side as well for the time being. He was super consistent last year, does just about everything and is in his prime.
Quote from: Ringo on January 26, 2022, 12:24:35 PM
Solid Team

Mids pretty standard with most teams having Neale at M4. Miller nice POD as first team I have seen with him. Need to watch preseason though to see whether additions to Suns may effect output. Rowell also under immense scrutiny so he may also step up.

With Ru is cks you could look at a lower priced ruck and Preuss as R3. That way you can see which premium ruck is performing and upgrade,

Good luck.
Cheers Ringo and Matt.
Miller is a lock for me.

Mat0369

One thing to consider is the change in DPP rules. Will guys like Danger, Fyfe, Zorko, Gawn and Marshall all gain DPP? Going weaker on certain lines or starting these guys early could be a key to finishing with these top end scorers down the track.

Money Shot

Although Preuss is in my team at the moment every team with Gawn/Darcy/Grundy just looks so much safer.

You’ve managed to keep good depth across all lines which I struggle to do when playing around with two premium rucks!

I’m not sold on the Miller pick and think he will drop back to the pack a bit with Rowell etc potentially taking some points. Can understand the pick though as he killed it last year.

Very good side though mate!

Can’t wait for the preseason to finally start!

Ashmore62

Quote from: Money Shot on January 26, 2022, 09:57:41 PM
Although Preuss is in my team at the moment every team with Gawn/Darcy/Grundy just looks so much safer.

You’ve managed to keep good depth across all lines which I struggle to do when playing around with two premium rucks!

I’m not sold on the Miller pick and think he will drop back to the pack a bit with Rowell etc potentially taking some points. Can understand the pick though as he killed it last year.

Very good side though mate!

Can’t wait for the preseason to finally start!
Cheers MS.. With 35 trades now, Preuss could still be viable..and if need to could upgrade to Draper or Jackson. Having all these B+ A- mid
priced players will give added flexibility. T Green, Rayner, Cogs, Rowell, Curnow, Gresham could all average 90+

Ashmore62

Def: Hall Crisp Ridley Sicily Sinn Brown. Rookies McDonagh Dean

Mids Macrea Steele Miller Neale Gresham JHF Daicos Ward.Rookies Butler Goater Parker

Rucks Darcy Marshall. Rookie Williams

Forwards Dunkley Martin Rayner Cogs Rachele Hollands. Rookies Kelly Nankervis.

$101k Going with this structure till pre season. loading up on premium rookies in mid field. A fair bit of risk with mid priced forwards but rest of
premiums look pretty stable. Bench rookies will obviously change. Thoughts.

Ashmore62

A little feedback needed.

Gresham, Rowell or Shiel.

Martin, Butters or Heeney.
Cheers.