Ringos 2022 Team Thread

Started by Ringo, December 16, 2021, 02:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 09, 2022, 12:14:01 AM
I think I would be trying to upgrade Berry at this point. You can turn him into a premium on any line via DPP.

Also in your team you have Grundy written down as R1, I think it's supposed to be Preuss.
Thanks Matt. Will be working out who I want to finish mids forwrads defence
Will be looking at these options to finish teams:
Defence: Docherty, Stewart, Pendles, Zorko to fill last 2.  Think the Hewett ship has sailed.
Mids: Boak (as a POD keep watching him to see if he is going to slow down but no sign), Petracca, Parish, Walsh or Tom Green
Fwds: English, Dusty, Treloar  Dylan Moore (POD), Heeney.
Rucks will be luxury trade if needed but happy with Preuss and Witts atm.

Mat0369

I think Boak might get DPP. He was spending a lot of time at HF with Rozee in the middle. He might be worth grabbing now in anticipation that he does get it

Ringo

Thanks Matt - Depending on teams thinking these atm - Rosas/O'Driscoll to Hamilton/Rioli - 3rd Trade Berry to ?? Petracca seems to have bottomed out, Boak, Docherty or Stewart, Stewart best for byes though.  Is Rosas though worth keeping given he is only 21.

Mat0369

Stewart will drop quite heavily over the next fortnight. The big 180 will come out and the 74 will be in there. I think that is the point he is ripe for the picking.

I'd lean towards Boak or Doc

Ringo

So pending no late team changes etc her are the trades I am doing:

Bowey/Berry/Horne Francis to Dawson/Rioli/Darcy Cameron.

Went to Dawson mainly because of bye structure - Considered Zorko and Pendleberry as well but concern they may be rested or with age more susceptible to soft tissue injuries.
Punted on Cameron to still make cash with Grundy out and gives me the option to cash out Hayes for a non playing low priced DPP Ruck playing late.  With forwards so inconsistent will probably score just as well.
Went for Rioli over Hamilton as I think his JS is a little better and with the lowest B/E.  Next week Clark will come in for one of the rookies who will be close or below B/E.
Took the opportunity to trade both Bowey and Berry rather than a second downgrade to Hamilton as think rookies still have some cash to make and both Dawson and Cameron imo will outscore Bowey and Berry. 

Current team is:

As i see it need 1 defender, 2 mids to complete team as priority and then look at luxury trades in forwrads.  18 trades left.
Stewart/Docherty to fill Defender spot
Petracca and Boak maybe 2 mids,
Looking at Dusty maybe for forwards if need to upgrades Butters/Cogs who most have.

Mat0369

I don't know how I feel about Cameron. It does look like you missed most of the carnage. O'Driscoll will need to go at some point with the injury

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 12, 2022, 07:54:52 PM
I don't know how I feel about Cameron. It does look like you missed most of the carnage. O'Driscoll will need to go at some point with the injury
Substituted NOD for JHF when lenghth of injury known.

Carn

Also looking at Cameron this week. Just a few 100s and then trade around the byes. Solid trades, think I will risk zorko upside as we have so many trades left. 

Ringo

Quote from: Carn on May 13, 2022, 07:31:11 PM
Also looking at Cameron this week. Just a few 100s and then trade around the byes. Solid trades, think I will risk zorko upside as we have so many trades left. 
Thank you also thinking of Zorko instead of Dawson.  Can load up on Rd 14 Prems and then upgrade rd 12 and Rd 13 prems.

Mat0369

How has Zorko's calf looked? I haven't watched you guys over the last handful of weeks but by the end of the game he was struggling to run and had a significant limp. This is the only thing that has me potentially second guessing the pick

Ringo

He seems to be running more freely these days. Do not think he would have been moved into mids if it was still a concern.  We are guided a lot by medical staff so trust their judgement. He is 32 though and if it is twinged may be out longer.  With the trades we have this year can afford a sideways trade if it happens.

Mat0369

I have 19 trades with 5 upgrades left and may need 3 potential sideways trades as well (Rich, Butters, Cogs). I think it might be tight as with poor rookies on some lines 1 up and 1 down may not work. Plus late outs through the year with poor coverage could be costly

Ringo

Thanks for the feedback

Decided on Zorko over Dawson.

Current Team:

18 trades
Definite Upgrades required
Def: Daicos to Stewart locked Rd 14 maybe earlier if Daicos bottoms out too much.
Mids: 2 upgrades required. Petracca/Boak/Brayshaw considered

Other players to be considered as Upgrades is not performing well eg Rich, Butters etc
Def: Docherty/Vlastuin/Dawson
Fwds: Smith with DPP/ English

As we know best laid plans can fail

At the moment bye structure is
Rd 12: 10 Keepers (Short, Steel, Cripps, Preuss? Coniglio ? Butters?)
Rd 13:  9  Keepers (Macrae, Miller, Witts, Dunkley, Parker)
Rd 14: 11 Keepers (Sicily, Crisp, Zorko, Neale, Oliver, Brodie, Rich?)

Reasonably comfortable with set up with the 3 def upgardes requiring say 8 trades leaves 10 trades for other upgrades/injuries,

Mat0369

I feel you're in a really good spot with all your rookies and cash gen so those trades could be done quite quickly and you'll make up ground. It's looking good

Ringo

Rd 9 Score 2,201
Round 9 Rank 24,899
Overall Rank: 11.363 (down 541

Final Trades: Bowey, Berry, O'Driscoll to Zorko, Cameron, Rioli

Rd 8  Team
Def: Sicily, Rich, Crisp, Zorko, Bowey, Daicos (McCartin, De Koning )
Mid: Macrae, Miller, Neale,  Oliver, Cripps, Steele, Martin, Rioli ( J Horne-Francis ,McComb, Long)
Ruck: Preuss, Witts (Hayes)
For: Dunkley, Butters, Coniglio, Parker, Brodie, D Cameron (Baldwin,Rosas)

The Good: Sicily, Crisp, Zorko, Miller, Macrae, Neale, Witts, Preus, Dunkley, Parker, Brodie, Butters
Pass:Rich, Dekonning. McMartin, Daicos. Oliver, Martin, Hayes, Cameron
Bad: Short. Cripps, McComb, Rosas
Ugly: Steele, Rioli (on field) Coniglio Captains choice and injury to Steele now needing to trade,

These trades this week
Rosas, JHF/ Steele - Thompson, Clark and Laird ( OPted for Laird over Petracca, Mills and Parish)

Bye Structure 9/11/10  Prems 5/6/6  (Cogs, Butters, Rich included but may be upgraded with byes in mind) Still have 1 trade boost as well 15 trades.