Ringos 2022 Team Thread

Started by Ringo, December 16, 2021, 02:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on March 28, 2022, 06:27:37 PM
Rd 2 Results

Did not trade but moved a few players around eg Hayes Forward and Dixon ruck and switched McCartin back.

Rd 2 Score 2,404
Round 2 Rank 9,691
Overall Rank: 9,011 (up 8293)

Rd 2 Team
Def:Hall, Rich, Crisp, Short, Whitfield, McCartin (Gibiscus, Hinge)
Mid: Macrae, Miller, Neale, Rowell, Berry, Horne-Francis, Daicos, Ward (Dylan Stephens, MacDonald, Hough) (Looped Ward and Stephens though)
Ruck: Grundy, Witts (Dixon)
For: Dunkley, Butters, Coniglio, Brodie, Rochelle,Hayes, (Baldwin,De Koning)

Trades being considered for Rd 3:
1) Whitfield to Bowey, Ward to Cripps 40k left
2) Whitfield to Hewett, Berry to Cripps and Baldwin to Martin (Need the 3rd trade due to cash shortage and only *k left)
3) Hough to O'Driscoll and Whitfield to Cripps  via O'Driscoll

That is a really good score. Of those options I would go with number 2. I think you will likely make the Baldwin to Martin trade anyway next week. It frees you up and you get two keepers with the other two trades.

Ringo

So have decided on these trades using a trade boost after deliberations.

Whitfield to O'Driscoll
Hough to Cripps
Baldwin to Xerri

Till O'Driscoll plays can loop McCartin, Hinge and Gibiscus.
Going up to Cripps moves Rowell to M5 and playing 3 of Berry, JHF, Daicos or Stephens M6 - M8
Bringing in Xerris and till SDK plays able to loop Brodie, Rachelle and Hayes.

Cash left $35k.

Think this also gives me maximum cash generation.

Mat0369

I'd expect SDK and O'Driscoll to play this week. SDK comes out of concussion protocol and O'Driscoll kicked a really good goal to give Freo a chance late.

I still prefer your Whitfield to Hewett, Berry to Cripps and Baldwin to Martin trades with Hough as a potenial loop in the midfield

Ringo

After Consideration only did these trades

Whitfield to Xerri
Hough to Cripps

Leaves me with this team:
Def:Hall, Rich, Crisp, Short, Hinge, McCartin (Gibiscus (E), De Koning)
Mid: Macrae, Miller, Neale, Cripps Rowell, Berry, Horne-Francis, Daicos, (Dylan Stephens (E), MacDonald,Ward) Trust do not have to use e.
For: Dunkley, Butters, Coniglio, Brodie, Xerri Rochelle(Baldwin,,Hayes)

33 trades and $34k. 
Decided Baldwin to Martin could wait till next week and have some movement if late outs due to covid

Ringo

Like Most had a shocking week.

Rd 3 Score 2,073
Round 3 Rank 81,026
Overall Rank: 20,223 (down 11,212)

Rd 3 Team
Def:Hall, Rich, Crisp, Short, Hinge, McCartin (Gibiscus (E), De Koning)
Mid: Macrae, Miller, Neale, Cripps, Rowell, Berry, Horne-Francis, Daicos, (Dylan Stephens (E), MacDonald,Ward)
For: Dunkley, Butters, Coniglio, Brodie, Xerri Rochelle(Baldwin,Hayes)

33 Trades and $35k

the Good - Cripps, Short, Dunkley, Coniglio and rookies/mid pricers Rowell,Brodie, Xerri, Daicos, Hinge.
The Bad - Back line prems - Rich, Hall, Crisp surely not that bad again this week, Macrae, Neale as C,
The Ugly -Miller, Butters and Rachelle.

One trade Baldwin to Martin. Rachelle has a B/e of 41 so should not lose any cash by waiting a week to get a second look at Preuss. Watch on Butters this week as well as as was treating as a keeper but now in danger of losing cash,

Players on watch list - Green, Sinclair, Brayshaw, Heeney,

Mat0369

Sinclair is one I am looking at as well. The unfortunate thing with the backline is I feel we may have a surplus of options. Pendles will get DPP, so will Zorko and I think Lloyd is a must.

Ringo

Lloyd"s price is reasonably constant and he will fill one of the last 2 defensive spots and will wait on others,  Daicos may get DPP back as well so in a couple of weeks readjustment may be required.
Not sure whether to cash in Rachelle this week by downgrading to Martin or stick to original plan and Baldwin to Martin,

Mat0369

The Bombers gave up a moster score to Stengle in round 1 so I'd hold and dump Baldwin.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 05, 2022, 01:23:37 AM
Sinclair is one I am looking at as well. The unfortunate thing with the backline is I feel we may have a surplus of options. Pendles will get DPP, so will Zorko and I think Lloyd is a must.

Agree, Pendles is the one I'm interested in.                        ;)

Ringo

Rd 4 Score 2,256
Round 4 Rank 20,422
Overall Rank: 13,843 (up 6,389)

Final Trades: Stephens/Gibcus to Martin/Bowey

Rd 4 Team
Def:Hall, Rich, Crisp, Short, Hinge, Bowey  (McCartin (E), De Koning)
Mid: Macrae, Miller, Neale, Cripps, Rowell, Berry, Horne-Francis, Daicos, (Rochelle (E), MacDonald,Ward)
For: Dunkley, Butters, Coniglio, Brodie, Xerri , Nick Martin (Baldwin,Hayes)

31 Trades and $6K

the Good - Macrae (C), Crisp, Ne ale, Witts, Brodie, Nick Martin and Nick Daicos.
The Bad -  Xerri, Coniglio (Not ugly due to low price)
The Ugly - Bowey (why did I trade him in), Cripps injury, Hinge injury, Rowell. McDonald and Ward on Bench. My error in not moving Hayes to R3 and Dixon Forward to take advantage of score. Rachele on the pine and unable to get on field.

Waiting on injury reports to decide trades If injuries to Cripps and Hinge minor may hold mnore than 2 weeks the decider, Looking at Hinge/Cripps to O'Driscoll/Taranto leaving 95k in kitty.

Ringo

Rd 5 Score 2,077
Round 4 Rank 82,584
Overall Rank: 24,797 (down 10,954)

Final Trades: Ward/Donald to O'Driscoll/Long (Long to be my floating donut.)

Rd 5 Team
Def:Hall, Rich, Crisp, Short, McCartin  Bowey (Hinge, De Koning (E))
Mid: Macrae, Miller, Neale,  Rowell, Berry, Horne-Francis, Daicos, Rochelle (Cripps, (E), O'Driscoll,Long)
For: Dunkley, Butters, Coniglio, Brodie, Xerri , Nick Martin (Baldwin,Hayes)

29 Trades $119k

The Good - Macrae (C), Crisp, Neale, Dunkley, Butters, Xerri, Hayes (looped with martin)
The Bad - Witts, Rich, Horn-Francis
The Ugly - Hall (injury), Grundy, Setting up my mid loophole incorrectly resulting in Rachele on field with O'Driscoll on bench costing 51 points.

3 trades this week Baldwin/Hall/Rowell to Rosas/Sicily/Hewett

Next week Hobbs/ S Hayes and Oliver in for Dixon/ J Hayes, Rachelle/Hinge/McCartin, Berry/Bowey

Mat0369

I'm not sure if I would go with Hewett at this point. I think the time to grab him was when he was on the bubble if you didn't have him. He has been consistent, but he is pretty expensive. I'd almost rather get an under-priced premo mid for the same cash by moving Daicos back.

Ringo

Thanks Matt for all your advice appreciated

For information I have settled on these trades:

Hall/Hinge/Rowell to Stewart/Green/Rosas 
After looking at think I needed a premium defender and whilst Hewett maybe that opted for the proven Stewart, Rosas is a must this week though.

Next weeks trade virtually set Dixon/Bowey/Berry to S Hayes/Hobbs/Oliver.  Then sit for a while.
Playing Daicos at D5 and NcCartin, O'Driscoll, Dekoning at D6
Martin/Hobbs/JHF/Rachelle M8/M9 and loopholing with Long
Grundy/Witts comfortable with although watch on Grundy with Pies still sorting out his true role.
Brodie looking like a keeper and will eventually move to F6 Xerri and Rosas/J Hayes through f5/F6 rill they move.

Bye structure for prems is 5/5/5 so comfortable with that. 23 trades left as well.

Watch going forwrad to complete team:
Defence: Docherty/Sinclair/Lloyd/Zorko/Pendlebury/May
Mids: Steele/ Petracca/Green/Walsh/Keays/Laird/Mills/Bailey Smith/Brayshaw
Rucks: Watching for best 2 to upgrade one to Will probably be one of last upgrades
Fwds: Heeney/Dusty (on return)/Taranto/ De Goey/Lipinski/Treloar

Mat0369

Stewart is a great pick and super consistent. Green I assume is Tom. With Hopper out long term it changes things. Toby back does give Taranto more midfield time so that's one thing to consider.

It's good that you're bye concious as well. Now is the time to start preparing. Witts could also be a keeper with his scoring the way it is

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 22, 2022, 01:18:49 PM
Stewart is a great pick and super consistent. Green I assume is Tom. With Hopper out long term it changes things. Toby back does give Taranto more midfield time so that's one thing to consider.

It's good that you're bye concious as well. Now is the time to start preparing. Witts could also be a keeper with his scoring the way it is
Slight trade amendment Hinge/Hall/Rowell to Rosas/Sicily/Steele
Happy after last night and wish I had VCd Steele. Think Sicily will still be in Top 10 Defenders,
Injury to J Hayes assists determining one trade next week - J Hayes to S Hayes.  Hobbs to come in and B/E will decide on downgrade option and Berry up to Oliver.  Hoping Berry increases in value roughly the same amount Oliver decreases,