Ringos 2022 Team Thread

Started by Ringo, December 16, 2021, 02:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on March 16, 2022, 06:33:53 PM
After doing some adjustments this round 1 team pending any rookie adjustments,  $60k cash.  McCartin forward may not be set in stone but looks fine atm with JS.
Will ensure I have full playing bench as comfortable with Macrae as C straight out with Dogs playing Thursday or Friday Night for the first 3 rounds

Def: Lloyd, Rich, Crisp, Short, Whitfield, Hinge (Gibiscus, De Koning)
Mid: Macrae, Miller, Neale, Rowell, Berry, Horne-Francis, Daicos, Ward (Dylan Stephens, MacDonald, Hough)
Ruck: Grubdy, Witts (Hayes)
For: Dunkley, Butters, Coniglio, Brodie, Rochelle, McCartin, (Baldwin, Dixon)

The backline is almost set. I really like Rich as a POD. Batting with 3 gun mids appears to be a pretty solid structural choice as well.

Ringo

Dropped Lloyd for Hall after him being not named presumably because of COVID. Other option Stewart,  Is Hall a concern coming back from soft tissue injury.

Bias also took over as I had sufficient cash to upgrade Brodie to Rayner.

arbel

Quote from: Ringo on March 18, 2022, 01:14:13 PM
Dropped Lloyd for Hall after him being not named presumably because of COVID. Other option Stewart,  Is Hall a concern coming back from soft tissue injury.

Hall higher ceiling but comes with the potential for injury
Stewart the safer option but ceiling probably just not as high
Me personally I'd go Stewart but with 35 trades this year can probably afford to go Hall and burn a trade if needed

Mat0369

I'd risk it on Hall. I'm tossing up  between Hall, Rich and Sicily at the moment. I don't mind the Rayner pick either. I just wish he played that last pre-season game so I could get a look at him. It's tough to pick him since he injured himself at the start of the pre-season game last year and didn't play in the one this year. I also worry he will start slow coming off the ACL.

Ringo

Well Rd 1 average.

Rd 1 Score 2,307
Position: 17,984

Rd 1 Team
Def:Hall, Rich, Crisp, Short, Whitfield, Hinge (Gibiscus, De Koning)
Mid: Macrae, Miller, Neale, Rowell, Berry, Horne-Francis, Daicos, Ward (Dylan Stephens, MacDonald, Hough)
Ruck: Grundy, Witts (Hayes)
For: Dunkley, Butters, Coniglio, Brodie, Rochelle, McCartin, (Baldwin, Dixon)

Bad move with Hayes at R3 and not F8.

Basically think need Martin as a rookie correction this week and looking at 3 options
1) Baldwin to Martin
2) Hough to Martin via Rachelle
3) Hough to Martin via Brodie. 
Think Hough will be gone and leaning towards 3 but will wait on teams to see if any injuries as well.

Mat0369

I feel Baldwin is Jones 2.0. He will be a super slow burn in that Bombers team. I'd lean towards trading him to Martin. Hough is one I'm willing to wait an extra week. I think Witherden still has one more week on the sidelines. It doesn't look promising that he makes it when he returns

Sabretooth Tigers

???

Martin has a week off because of covid.

Ringo

Makes decision easy now, Hold and just wait to see if anything arises from team selections.

Mat0369

I'm worried about Hough, Baldwin and Dixon all getting dropped while Ward may get rested with the ankle. There were also reports the Swans might drop Stephens to med sub with Warner and Lloyd due back

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 24, 2022, 01:35:55 PM
I'm worried about Hough, Baldwin and Dixon all getting dropped while Ward may get rested with the ankle. There were also reports the Swans might drop Stephens to med sub with Warner and Lloyd due back

One of the reasons I picked Stephens was the fact other clubs were ready to pounce if he was starved of opportunities, can't see it to be honest, Swans aren't that stupid.

Ringo

Cripps really putting his hand up to be picked prior to price rise.  So need to think about how on Monday.

Do not like doing this to prems but if Whitfield spuds and can not trust GWS Whitfield down to Hewitt and Berry up to Cripps and a rook Baldwin or others to Martin. Could do that this week dependent on final teams. As has been said Ward could be an issue with Maginness also named.

Sabretooth Tigers

Hi Ringo. What are your thoughts on Raynor please ? I selected him as a keeper on the premise he would spend most of his time running through the midfield. Is he just being warmed up ? Don't mind holding if he's going to become a mid. Cheers mate.

Ringo

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on March 28, 2022, 02:59:27 PM

Hi Ringo. What are your thoughts on Raynor please ? I selected him as a keeper on the premise he would spend most of his time running through the midfield. Is he just being warmed up ? Don't mind holding if he's going to become a mid. Cheers mate.

Good question and as you can see I ditched Rayner as I feel other players had better cash generation at lower prices. He is getting mid time but still getting back to fitness with only 68/75% TOG. So to answer if keeping him could be a slow burn although showing a little bit more each week.

Ringo

Rd 2 Results

Did not trade but moved a few players around eg Hayes Forward and Dixon ruck and switched McCartin back.

Rd 2 Score 2,404
Round 2 Rank 9,691
Overall Rank: 9,011 (up 8293)

Rd 2 Team
Def:Hall, Rich, Crisp, Short, Whitfield, McCartin (Gibiscus, Hinge)
Mid: Macrae, Miller, Neale, Rowell, Berry, Horne-Francis, Daicos, Ward (Dylan Stephens, MacDonald, Hough) (Looped Ward and Stephens though)
Ruck: Grundy, Witts (Dixon)
For: Dunkley, Butters, Coniglio, Brodie, Rochelle,Hayes, (Baldwin,De Koning)

Trades being considered for Rd 3:
1) Whitfield to Bowey, Ward to Cripps 40k left
2) Whitfield to Hewett, Berry to Cripps and Baldwin to Martin (Need the 3rd trade due to cash shortage and only *k left)
3) Hough to O'Driscoll and Whitfield to Cripps  via O'Driscoll

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Ringo on March 28, 2022, 06:14:07 PM
Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on March 28, 2022, 02:59:27 PM

Good question and as you can see I ditched Rayner as I feel other players had better cash generation at lower prices. He is getting mid time but still getting back to fitness with only 68/75% TOG. So to answer if keeping him could be a slow burn although showing a little bit more each week.

Thanks mate. It's just a gut hunch but think I'll hold another 3 weeks and reassess then.If I'm right and hold he will be a very cheap keeper.  ;) ;)