Ringos 2022 Team Thread

Started by Ringo, December 16, 2021, 02:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Posting Initial  team here for info. 

Def: Lloyd, Stewart, Ridley, Chapman, Wanganeen-Milera, van Rooyen  (Dean, Uwland)

Mid: Macrae, Steele. Oliver, Neale, Taranto, Jarrod Berry, Constable. Hollands  (Bergman, Hobbs, Parker)

Ruck: Naitanui, Grundy, (Preuss)

Forwards: Duncan, Gresham, Rayner, Coniglio, Curnow, Maurice Rioli  (Skinner, Nankervis)

Rookies obviously place holders.
Rucks Nat could be Gawn but bye an issue.
Forwards: So much value still here. eg undecided between Cockatoo and Rayner
Def: D4 is an issue at the moment.
Mids: Can not see 1 -5 changing initially.

Just a slight edit and will now sit on this team for a while. Brought Chapman into D4 as I think may be better value than Logie and adjusted some rookies and brought Rayner in.

Ringo

Made a few adjustments and will sit on this team.

With 35 trades think you can take a few risks. Dusty traditionally starts strong and then fades. Went for Dawson over Ridley Dawson Averaged 114 after the byes compared to Ridleys 98. A few adjustments amongst lower price rookies,

Mat0369

I think we're going to need the extra trades due to Covid but I feel we can all take more risks with our sides. Forward line is mid price madness, but with Dusty as a swing option it looks safe.

Neale at M4 feels right.

I personally think there are better options than Stewart at his price. Same goes with Dawson. We don't know what his role is going to be at the Crows and I think I would rather Ridley/Ryan/Daniel around the same price point. Ridley struggled a little after the concussion and stopped taking as many kickouts. I think if he goes back to that role he is the guy with the biggest upside at the position.

Ringo

Thanks Matt -
No doubt team will change a lot before season.  Forward price madness is basically all of Gresham, Rayner and Coniglio in my opinion are underpriced due to injury last season eg Started 2021 with 82 and 104 prior to injury, Rayner is running with the mids at the moment, and Coniglio had 9 scores over 100 in 2020.
Defence really doing my head in and apart from Lloyd not sure which way to go so that may change. Trying to put Bias aside but Rich also in consideration especially with the retirement of Birchill as he will now be taking majority of kick ins and the associated play ons.

Good luck for 2022  and yes think we will need the 35 trades but will need to be strategic how we use the Boost,

Mat0369

I have considered all those guys in my forward line minus Rioli. I've read Greaham is training with the forwards so he is out for the time being. I feel both Dunkley and Duncan are musts so I have both of them with Rayner, Cogs and Curnow. You're right, the value in the 200k bracket is too tempting to pass up.

Rich is a great pick and one I really like as a POD. I'd have him ahead of Stewart with how important designated kickers can be. I feel like a bunch of guys started chipping into Stewart's share where Rich will get the majority. Crisp and Hall are the other two. Crisp could be this years Laird moving into a poor midfield. Hall has the injury and sub score in his rotation so could be underpriced

Money Shot

I hadn’t actually considered Witts until now but he could very well be a great pick with Miller and Rowell at his feet. I’m running Preuss at R2 at the moment but Witts could be very enticing come round one.

Love the Dawson pick as he will most likely be a POD come round one and could very well start like a house on fire.

Only pick I’m not a fan of is Rioili. Surely Curnow and/or Brodie both have much more potential to score more at that price? I am nitpicking though as the rest of your team is faultless at this stage in the preseason.

Ringo

Sitting team at end of January (30/1/2022)
Def: Lloyd, Crisp, Daniel, Sicily, S De Koning, Gould (Dean Kelly)
Mid: Macrae, Steele, Oliver, Neale, Dusty Martin, Rowell, Nick Daicos, Rachelle, (Stephens, Bergman, Clark)
Ruck: Grindy, Witts (Preuss)
Fwds: Duncan, Gresham, Rayner, Coniglio, C Curnow, Hollands (Skinner, Parker)
Cash 60k

Major changes Ridley to Sicily and Constable to Rowell. Monitoring Sicily but initial reports are training well. Brought Curnow in as well.

Ringo

Team pending Team announcements -

Hinge may come on for Kelly/De Konning with the other at F7.  $69k cash to play with when teams announced.

Mat0369

I actually really like this team and have had some variation of it. Be careful with McGovern, hammy tightness at the end of the game vs the Dees. Xerri might be an easy fix if he is North's R1 with Goldy playing forward

Ringo

Actually toying with the idea of McCartin forward (dropping McGovern) and Hinge in.  Depends on rookies being named

cuz_crew

Everyone is bringing in Paddy McCartin...
According to recent data sets that I have analysed, I'm predicting he will average between a range of 25 - 63.

Rich Miller and Berry are also terrible picks.

Your team is very cookie cutter.

3/10

GoldDigger

Quote from: cuz_crew on March 15, 2022, 06:03:40 PM
Everyone is bringing in Paddy McCartin...
According to recent data sets that I have analysed, I'm predicting he will average between a range of 25 - 63.

Rich Miller and Berry are also terrible picks.

Your team is very cookie cutter.

3/10
Loving your frank appraisals of teams and players. Thx cuzzie.

Ringo

After doing some adjustments this round 1 team pending any rookie adjustments,  $60k cash.  McCartin forward may not be set in stone but looks fine atm with JS.
Will ensure I have full playing bench as comfortable with Macrae as C straight out with Dogs playing Thursday or Friday Night for the first 3 rounds

Def: Lloyd, Rich, Crisp, Short, Whitfield, Hinge (Gibiscus, De Koning)
Mid: Macrae, Miller, Neale, Rowell, Berry, Horne-Francis, Daicos, Ward (Dylan Stephens, MacDonald, Hough)
Ruck: Grubdy, Witts (Hayes)
For: Dunkley, Butters, Coniglio, Brodie, Rochelle, McCartin, (Baldwin, Dixon)

Bully

I'm kinda hoping Dixon doesn't play, torn about the VC situation, only have 12 minutes to decide

Bully

Ended up putting the C on Macrae, solid enough, no point mucking around with a rolling lockout.