EXV Retirement - Thank your for the Memories

Started by Holz, September 04, 2021, 02:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

After much though I have decided to hang up the boots after a decade with the Euro. This was a hard decision after 10 years of EXV but with the decline of FF, the lack of new coaches coming through and personally getting busier and busier outside of FF I think the timing is right.

I would like to thank all the coaches and particularly all the people who have helped me out with the admin over the years to keep the competition alive namely HP, Nige, Spinking, Spite and Nas.

The competition has come a long way from the days where I completed the scores by hand. One of my strongest memories is the weekend I spent a good 15 hours manually making up the euro medal count and then finishing the last few while listening to the live count by Hawka.

I would like to thank those who stuck around through the delayed scores when I was swamped with work and the understanding and commitment of all coaches who have graced EXV.
We had the original 14 coaches/co coaches

Nostradamus, TheMailman, Voldermort, Powerbug, MTTY, Torp, Ossie/BB and HP.
Scrads, Lahug, Ziplock id like to give special mention to for being with the comp from inception and Meow and Nige who have been here for most of the time.

Sadly, looking back a lot of the original team flags, medal counts, and threads and images have been lost but wanted to bring attention to all the different flags winners.

2013: Swedish Metal (Nails) Defeated Belarus Bison (Lahug)
2014: Iceland Polar Bears (HP & Daz) Defeated Serbian Eagles (Holz)
2015: Macedonia  Wolves (Scrads) Defeated Serbian Eagles (Nrich102)
2016: Hungarian Hulks (Holz) Defeated Russian Roulette (Nostradamus)
2017: English Lions (JB)  Defeated Russian Roulettes (Rids/Nostradamus)
2018: Belgium Bashers (Ele) Maceonian Wolves (Scrads)
2019: Belgium Bashers (Ele) defeated Russian Roulettes (Nige)
2020: Greek Titans (Hawka) defeated Spanish Stallions (Izander)
2021: Swiss Storm (TomK/Koop) defeated Spanish Stallions (Izander)
Spain and Russia been particularly the unlucky teams along with the cursed Serbian Eagles who would probably be the most dominant team to never win a flag.

Id also like to thank the current coaches Lahug, Meow, GoLions, Nas, Scrads, KT, Iz, Koop, TomK
I could have kept going on all day with memories and thanks and if I have forgot anyone I apologise.