2021 Round Seventeen Thread

Started by Jukes, July 12, 2021, 04:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 15, 2021, 06:28:19 PM
New Brooklyn Hawks

D: Jake Lever, Lachlan Ash, Taylor Duryea, Liam Duggan

M: Patrick Cripps (EVC), Brad Crouch, Jack Steele (C), Noah Anderson, Trent Dumont, Tom Liberatore (VC)

R: Toby Nankervis

F: Shai Bolton, Tom Papley, Tim Membrey, Jack Higgins,

U: Angus Brayshaw , Nathan Wilson, Blake Acres

E: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Gryan Miers, Marlion Pickett, Jason Johannisen (SUB)

nas

Quote from: nas on July 15, 2021, 08:10:04 AM
Carolina Panthers:

Def: Luke Ryan - Jayden Short - Aliir Aliir - Dougal Howard.
Mid: Marcus Bontempelli (VC) - Josh Kelly (EVC) - Adam Kennedy - Tim Kelly - Sam Menegola - Dustin Martin.
Ruck: Brodie Grundy (C).
Fwd: Connor Rozee - Brody Mihocek - Joe Daniher - Harry McKay.
Util: Tom Atkins (F) - Harrison Petty Aaron Naughton (F) - Rhys Stanley (R).

Emerg; Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (F) - Luke McDonald (D) - Josh Treacy (R/F) - Karl Amon (M- Sub)

ChuckStig

Quote from: ChuckStig on July 13, 2021, 07:12:24 PM
Las Vegas Sinners

D: Jake Lloyd, Harry Cunningham, Jordan Dawson, Nic Newman
M: Jarryd Lyons, Tom Mitchell (VC), Nat Fyfe, Christian Petracca (C), Jaeger O'Meara, George Hewett
R: Nic Naitanui (EVC)
F: Lance Franklin, Jaidyn Stephenson, Will Hoskin-Elliot, Harry Himmelberg
UTIL: Nick Blakey (M/F), Wil Powell (D), Tim English (R)

EMERG: Sam Durham (D/M), Errol Gulden (M), Sam Flanders (F), Brad Sheppard (D - SUB)

In: Will Hoskin-Elliot, Harry Himmelberg, Tim English, Nick Blakey
Out: Jack Scrimshaw, Zak Butters (inj.), James Rowbottom, Sam Flanders (omitted)
New:

Jukes

Carolina Panthers 16.13.109 lost to San Francisco Grizzlies 17.9.111
(Real: 1629 vs 1668)

One of the upsets of the season, this is what happens when I get Coniglio and Lambert back! Jake Kelly the difference maker with his late 117, although I'm sure you can also point to Dusty getting injured and ex-Grizzly AMT floundering as key influences on this result. Carolina can't fall below fifth place, but this has likely made climbing to fourth and above impossible.

Anaheim Mighty Ducks 18.6.114 defeated Quito Quetzals 17.9.111
(Real: 1711 vs 1665)

...and this upset might be even bigger. Did Mills and Greene out make the difference? Probably...Quito might be entitled to some compo, but luckily they had a two-game break on Boston for second spot - and they can just as well blame Freo for being useless and giving up megascores to Danger and Porko. As for Anaheim, they stay in the finals race as long as Houston don't win, but they'll also need Chicago to drop both games since the Sharks have a big % lead on Anaheim.

Houston Bombers 17.11.113 lost to Las Vegas Sinners 19.9.123
(Real: 1690 vs 1838)

A healthy score by Houston considering they lost Ellis early, but just no match for a Sinners side who scored well despite having a trio of scores in the 40s - I guess a 125 as captain and a 171 as VC helps? They've locked in top four now, but will need Boston to drop a game (and Vegas to win next week obviously) to jump to third.

Wisconsin Cockerels 20.14.134 defeated Colorado Avalanche 18.12.120
(Real: 2014 vs 1797)

I know I riff on Wiscy a lot, so I'll flip the script for the change - imagine having a 200 as captain and not scoring 1800...Wisconsin sew up the minor premiership thanks to Quito's hilarious flunk, while Colorado sew up the wooden spoon thanks to San Francisco's hilarious victory - but they've won their fair share of fans with some good performances (see: Sam Walsh) later in the year.

New Brooklyn Hawks 17.8.110 lost to Ottawa Otters 19.7.121
(Real: 1644 vs 1814)

Things really fell apart for the Hawks today, as they went from a great spot - thanks to Steele x2, Nank, Lever, Crouch, and Bolton - but they needed all four emergencies and stumbled to a mid-pack score, which was not enough to topple a strong Ottawa performance who jump the Hawks into 9th, which thanks to Anaheim's win is as high as they'll go. 12 86+ scores for Ottawa against 7 for NBH a massive difference maker.

Chicago Sharks 18.11.119 defeated Boston Terriers 18.9.117
(Real: 1792 vs 1749)

Boston had third spot on the line, and they'll lose it thanks to an inspired Chicago victory, which they needed even more in order to hopefully play finals. The Sharks won the midfield battle considerably (139x2, 108, 128, 97x1.5, 80, 104 against two tons, neither over 110), and will jump Houston into sixth spot and with Colorado to play next week, while Houston will play a rebounding Carolina.