R18 Trades

Started by enzedder, July 16, 2021, 02:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

2 trades left.
Is Langford(2-3 weeks?) to DeGoey (different role/new coach) with a 3 round average of 117 wise?
Forward set up presently has me with Waterman, Treacy, CCJ at F6-8 with Brockman DPP
Reckon I should do it as I’ve struggled in the last couple of weeks and am in danger of not making finals in many leagues and have slipped about 1k in rankings as well.
Would mean I have only the one trade left but have Bianco as def cover, Bramble and Brockman as mid cover and Reeves as ruck cover.

don200652

I'd do that NZ. I've also got CCJ, Waterman & Treacy at F6-8 with 2 trades left and can't cop Treacy 26 last night
so for me it's CCJ to either Marshall or De Goey - leaning toward Marshall but taking way too long to decide HaHa

brodiejay

Yeah I agree. Worth doing the trade I reckon. Marshall or DeGoey if you don't have much cash, or Dunkley if you've got the money!

enzedder

Quote from: don200652 on July 16, 2021, 04:55:00 PM
I'd do that NZ. I've also got CCJ, Waterman & Treacy at F6-8 with 2 trades left and can't cop Treacy 26 last night
so for me it's CCJ to either Marshall or De Goey - leaning toward Marshall but taking way too long to decide HaHa
Cheers mate.
De Goey averaging 31 possessions last 3.
No one really to come back in to change his role.
I was originally contemplating Marshall and whist he should be a good pick I don’t gain the ruck benefit with Reeves and he poses a greater injury risk so I have swayed away from him.
Marshall pockets more coin though so whatever works.

enzedder

Quote from: brodiejay on July 16, 2021, 05:50:05 PM
Yeah I agree. Worth doing the trade I reckon. Marshall or DeGoey if you don't have much cash, or Dunkley if you've got the money!
Wouldn’t Dunkley be good but who has that much coin?
Worth nothing though that his first 5 games back last year after injury were in the range of 87-106 so maybe he won’t bounce straight back to those huge scores… as a non-owner that’s what I will be hoping for.

brodiejay

Quote from: enzedder on July 16, 2021, 06:08:49 PM
Quote from: brodiejay on July 16, 2021, 05:50:05 PM
Wouldn’t Dunkley be good but who has that much coin?
Worth nothing though that his first 5 games back last year after injury were in the range of 87-106 so maybe he won’t bounce straight back to those huge scores… as a non-owner that’s what I will be hoping for.

You and me both, as a fellow non-owner! Agreed about Dunkley rounding into form. I would expect a similar trajectory for rest of this season, though possibly hitting his stride one or two games earlier, due simply to one more season of experience of playing at an elite level and "knowing what it takes".
My team has been "finished" for a long time in terms of rookies off field, but I would love a few more trades to bring in returning guys like Dunkley and Butters after burning through most of my trades early. Was ranked around 600 overall, but I've had a couple of down weeks in a row due to poor VC and captain choices.