West Coast v Richmond
Melbourne v Collingwood   

AFL ROUND 14

North Melbourne v Brisbane
Geelong v Western Bulldogs
Gold Coast v Port Adelaide
GWS v Carlton
Hawthorn v Essendon

Round 12, AFL Round 12 + Round 13 (as above)

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                                                 Head-to-Head
Christchurch SaintsBeijing PandasAMI Stadium2  v  4
Cairo SandsCape Town CobrasNeutral, Sydney Cricket Ground, AAP Alliance, Africonia, Africa Cup2  v  7
London RoyalsSeoul MagpiesLondon Olympic Stadium, EurAsia3  v  6
Dublin DestroyersToronto WolvesNeutral, Melbourne Cricket Ground7  v  3
Buenos Aires ArmadillosMexico City SunsEstadio de River, AAP Alliance, Americas3  v  6
Rio de Janeiro JaguarsTokyo SamuraiMaracana Stadium4  v  2
New York RevolutionPacific IslandersMetLife Stadium, AAP Alliance, John McCarthy Cup3  v  7
PNL ReindeersNew Delhi TigersState de France, EurAsia5  v  5
Berlin BrewersMoscow SpetsnazBerlin Olympic Stadium, EurAsia, Europe5  v  5

Christchurch have had a successful month! In the last 4 games, they've outscored Moscow and New Delhi and went 2-2 in the process. They'd sit 11th with those credentials, but they're locked in a fierce battle with New Delhi to avoid the spoon and another win would but that pressure right back on the Tigers. Against the Pandas, they're a better chance than you might think, simply by virtue of their bad luck in recent times! Their last 4 matches has seen them concede 596 points (149 ppg - the most of any team) for 4 losses. They've only scored the 11th most points in that time, sure, but that scoreline normally notches at least 1 win! Grundy is out this week... but Neale could be back in? Regardless, I think Beijing win.

They are on two ends of the ladder, but it doesn't matter. The epic rivalry of Kate v Karen makes this match my MATCH OF THE ROUND! Cairo had a stinker last week, but prior to that were unlucky to win just 1 match in a 5 game streak that reached a 137 average. The Cobras actually have only done 2 points better per game in the last 5 weeks, but are 4-1 to show for it! Just goes to show that there is a lot of luck in the fixture. You know what? Cape Town are due for a loss here, I'll back Karen!

London have gone BANG in the last two weeks and trounced both New York and Moscow in the process. All of a sudden, London are just 1 game outside the eight... keep this form up and you'd have to give them a BIG chance to make back-to-back finals appearances! Seoul though have kicked back into gear, having acknowledged they couldn't ride this wave of luck forever. All of a sudden, the team that was 7-0 and the 12th highest scoring team is 11-0 and the 4th highest scoring team. The respect has been earned back! Seoul for me.

Dublin have rode the injury rollercoaster more than most teams, and their score lines have certainly reflected that. Their 2-5 record in the last 7 weeks has hurt their finals chances, but they're a game inside the 8 and well positioned to go further if their big guns come back in. Toronto are also one of the many faltering teams in the middle of the table, having gone 1-3 in the past month (with no opponent going 140+ during that time). This is actually a clutch game for both clubs here - a loss makes it a lot harder to make the 8. I have vision of Tim Kelly's injury in my head, so I think I'll back the Destroyers in this one.

As mentioned previously, the Dillos penny may have dropped! The last 3 games have seen them average 145 ppg and - noting they're only 1 game outside the 8 - that momentum could take them places very fast. They'll need as much of that as they can get though, as they take on the rampaging Suns who joined PNL in the 160+ club last week. A really interesting game this one, as I think these two clubs have the most impressive young lists going around at the moment. I will back... hmm, Mexico City, just.

The Jags have well and truly teadied (kinda) in the past month, bridging the gap between their best and worst. They are perhaps a touch unlucky to be 4-7, but the brightside is that I'd say all of their remaining opponents are beatable and yes, they are only 1 game outside the 8. Speaking of unlucky, the Samurai have had an average of 148ppg scored against them in the last month and understandably are 0-4 to show for it. A win here is crucial for Tokyo whom are desperate to make finals for the first time in a while, and do deserve to be there. So I'll back the Samurai.

Looking at the Revolution year to date... I think 5-6 is about accurate. They've had good weeks, they've had average weeks, 1 lucky win, 1 unlucky loss, but there is definitely an element of some opponents going above and beyond! They have a daunting next 3 weeks though (Pacific, PNL and Seoul), starting with the Islanders who have been doing the usual, consistent dominance schtick. I think they've had better H&A years with only three 150+ scores so far this year, but there hasn't been many of those competition wide as there used to be! Pacific for me.

The Reindeers are genuine contenders I reckon. Well, they have to be, being the #1 scoring team so far this year! In terms of recent form they only sit fractionally behind Seoul, but most importantly they announced themselves 2 weeks ago with a devastating 168, and no one has gotten even CLOSE to that. I think that's the theme for this match, as whilst the Tigers can bring it on their day, they just don't compare against this fierce outfit at the moment. PNL for me.

Berlin, 3-6 and 14th or something two weeks ago now sit 8th and I can't quite believe it! It's come off the back of two back-to-back 150+ scores so we've earned it, but man, I have zero faith in our consistency. It's so easy to place the likes of Mundy on the trade table post-season, but damn I'd like him now. For Moscow... I'm starting to think they could be cursed to never meet the potential of their list. Since when did Treloar, Pendles and Coniglio shave like 100 points off their normal averages? In any case, they still have a but-load of good players and are a much better team than their 3-8 record suggests. I see me losing this game, but I'll tentatively back myself in.

Purple 77

For the newbies, we play 1 WXV round across the next 3 weeks, as well as the rep round (details will emerge soon).

It will be a full lockout on Friday night, however, 8 emergencies will be permitted.

Koop

Christchurch Saints

D: Jack Henry, Isaac Quaynor, Mason Redman, Callum Wilkie
M: James Rowbottom, Brandan Parfitt, Ryan Byrnes, Josh Daicos
R: Sean Darcy
F: Tom McDonald, Harry McKay, Harry Schoenberg, Deven Robertson
U: Rory Lobb, Lachie Jones

E: James Stewart (FWD), Zaine Cordy (DEF), George Hewett (MID), Jack Silvagni (FWD)

Unchanged.

RaisyDaisy

New York Revolution

D: Tom Doedee, Blake Hardwick, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Mark Blicavs
M: Cam Guthrie (C), Andy McGrath, Jy Simpkin, Luke Dunstan (VC)
R: Rhys Stanley
F: Kyle Langford, Jamie Cripps, Izak Rankine, Jake Riccardi
I: Trent Dumont (RB), Esava Ratugolea

E: Darcy Fort, Tom Powell, Brandon Starcevich, Jake Kelly, Jamaine Jones, Malcolm Rosas, Chris Burgess, Zac Guthrie

fanTCfool

Toronto Wolves

Nathan Broad, Ryan Burton, Jack Buckley, Lachlan Sholl
Jack Macrae (C), Travis Boak (VC), Dion Prestia, Justin McInerney
Paddy Ryder
Isaac Heeney, Jack Darling, Tom Atkins, Jesse Hogan
Tom Phillips, Connor Blakely

Marlion Pickett, Sam Weideman, Michael Hibberd, Tobe Watson, Taylin Duman, Damon Greaves, Jake Bowey, Han Dannebery

GoLions

Kate

Callum Mills (C), Jack Bowes, Daniel Andrews, Trent Rivers
Mitch Duncan (VC), Ben Cunnington, Sam Menegoat, Jaeger O'Meara
Nank
The Papsmear, Gryan Miers, Chadley Warner, CCJ
Chris Mayne, Shaun Higgins

Quinton Narkle, James Cousins, Josh Battle, Shaun Burgoyne, Griffin Logue, Jaxon Prior, Mabior Chol, Will Hamill

Resting: Liam Shiels

Holz

Belfast Braves

Christian Salem (CC), Dane Rampe, Grant Birchall, Shannon Hurn
Brad Crouch, Rory Sloane (CC), Dyson Heppell, Josh P.Kennedy
Todd Goldstein
Jack Gunston, Jack Reiwoldt, AMT, Toby Greene
Dustin Martin, Mark O'Connor

Robbie Tarrant (D), Tom Campbell (F), Marc Murphy (M), Ben Mckay (D), Lachie Schultz (F), Jacob Kozi (D), Jack Mahony (F), Ned Mchenry (F)

Purple 77

JBs-Hawks

Seoul

D: Jack Crisp, Nick Haynes, Sam Collins, Nathan Wilson
M: Clayton Oliver (CC), Jack Steele (CC), Ed Curnow, Lachie Weller
R: Ben McEvoy
F: Patrick Dangerfield, Charlie Dixon, Lachie Fogarty, Joe Daniher
I: Zach Tuohy, Matt Rowell

E: Will Setterfield, Josh Rotham, Jonathon Ceglar, Luke Jackson, Jordan Butts, Darcy Fogarty, Jed Bews, Liam Henry

Resting: Zac Fisher

Urbaninfinnity

Beijing Pandas

D: Bachar Houli, Caleb Daniel, Dan Houston, Jake Lever
M: Lachie Neale (C), David Swallow, Brandon Ellis, Blake Acres
R: Milo (OOP) (RB)
F: Dayne Zorko (VC), Kane Lambert, Taylor Duryea, Kane Farrell
U: Lachie Henderson, Wil Powell

Emergencies: Luke Breust, Dan Butler, Chayce Jones, Jy Farrar, Sam J Reid, Luke Edwards, Callum M. Brown, Neville Jetta

IN: Lachie Neale, Kane Lambert, Milo
OUT: Brodie Grundy, Chayce Jones, Luke Breust

pls

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions on May 31, 2021, 09:15:31 PM
Kate

Callum Mills (C), Jack Bowes, Daniel Andrews, Trent Rivers
Mitch Duncan (VC), Ben Cunnington, Sam Menegoat, Jaeger O'Meara
Nank
The Papsmear, Gryan Miers, Chadley Warner, CCJ
Chris Mayne, Shaun Higgins

Quinton Narkle, James Cousins, Josh Battle, Shaun Burgoyne, Griffin Logue, Jaxon Prior, Mabior Chol, Will Hamill

Resting: Liam Shiels
CCJ into the ruck for Nank
Stepho F4

kilbluff1985

New Delhi Tigers

D: Jake Lloyd (C), Jordan Dawson (VC), Tom Barrass, Trent McKenzie
M: M: Angus Brayshaw, Noah Anderson, Darcy Tucker, Jack Sinclair
R: Oscar McInerney
F: Jack Martin, Josh J Kennedy, Will Snelling, Eddie Betts
U: Brayden Sier, Sam Wicks

Emerg: David Mackay,  Mitch Lewis, James Madden, Dylan Stephens

Nige

Karen

Tom Stewart, Nick Vlastuin, Alex Keath, Oleg Markov
Hugh McCluggage (c), Hugh Greenwood (vc), Mitch Robinson, Shane Edwards
Matthew Flynn
Bailey Dale, Lincoln McCarthy, Jeremy Finlayson, Alex Neal-Bullen
Hayden Crozier, Josh Bruce

Jason Castagna, Brennan Cox, Shane Mumford, Tom Sparrow, Jake Melkham, Josh Walker, David Zaharakis, Sean Lemmens

kilbluff1985

New Delhi Tigers

D: Jake Lloyd (C), Jordan Dawson (VC), Tom Barrass, Trent McKenzie
M: M: Angus Brayshaw, Noah Anderson, Darcy Tucker, Jack Sinclair
R: Oscar McInerney
F: Jack Martin, Sam Wicks, Mitch Lewis, Eddie Betts
U: Brayden Sier, Robbie Fox

Emerg: David Mackay,  Harry Morrison, Alex Sexton, James Madden, Dylan Stephen

upthemaidens

Pacific Islanders   

DEF: Rory Laird, Bailey Williams, Aliir Aliir, Connor Idun (RB)
MID: Tom Mitchell (CC), Marcus Bontempelli (CC), Jarryd Lyons, Andrew Gaff
RCK: Zac Smith 
FWD: Zac Bailey, Tex Walker, Harry Himmelberg, Tom McCartin 
UTL: Caleb Poulter (F/M), Charlie Constable (M)

EMG: Trent Bianco(D/M), Jake Kolodjashnij(D), Andrew McPherson(D), Josh Jenkins(R/F), Nathan Murphy(D), Tim O'Brien(F), Harry Edwards(D), Charlie Lazzaro(M)

Resting: Matt Taberner