Round 11 Captain

Started by whynot102, May 28, 2021, 07:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whynot102

Gawn or McRae VC into Lyons

Mat0369

Gawn into Grundy. Cats have 0 ruck so I think Grundy can go big.

Ringo

regretting after first quarter had a choice of Bont, Oliver, Gawnand Macrae Went Bont. into Grundy

Bully

Mat0369

I'm probably taking the 120. Fort and Stanley are emergencies, I see the Cats bringing in another ruck and throwing both Blicavs and the other ruck at him all game. It's not worth the risk to gain 20 points

RoughRed

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 28, 2021, 11:13:49 PM
I'm probably taking the 120. Fort and Stanley are emergencies, I see the Cats bringing in another ruck and throwing both Blicavs and the other ruck at him all game. It's not worth the risk to gain 20 points

Yeah, I'm feeling that, still have bad memories with the Gawn 60 odd. Macrae only 25 more, Oliver 19, Bont 5. Feel I can make up that ground with some rookie looping.

Mat0369

Mitchell has had three big scores this year and the rest are crap as a captain option. His record against Carlton has been amazing so last week would have been a calculated gamble. The Suns are also pretty good at winning the contested ball with Miller, Greenwood and Swallow, an area Mitchell's numbers have been down.

Ringo

Grundy has only 3 scores over 140 this year but also 2 scores less than 100.  Has an average 102 veres Geelong.  Did this research when deciding whrher to take Bonts 125 which I am taking as worst case scenario if he goes 150 only losing 25 points.

Peter

Had to be Macrae - take the 145

Mat0369

Blicavs a late out. So Stanley and Sav to take the ruck against Grundy. It's tempting to swap back.

Guthrie also a late out for the Cats

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 29, 2021, 01:04:33 PM
Blicavs a late out. So Stanley and Sav to take the ruck against Grundy. It's tempting to swap back.

Guthrie also a late out for the Cats

What are you doing Matt? Last time I did this I lost 65 points.

Mat0369

I'm probably sticking with Gawn. If I do I'm looking at being about 25 points down on guys that took Macrae which I can live with.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 29, 2021, 01:25:42 PM
I'm probably sticking with Gawn. If I do I'm looking at being about 25 points down on guys that took Macrae which I can live with.

The other strategy is to hold off for this game & perhaps strike on Sunday if there's a huge shortfall.

Mat0369

I have to use McCreery so no choice. Need to pick one of the available guys left now