R10 Trades

Started by enzedder, May 17, 2021, 05:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

You will be facing a potential donut in defence with Bowes out so I'd look at trading in one of Lloyd/Rich/Docherty/Short/Whitfield.

Your choice will effectively be upgrading Kosi or trading Bowes. If L.Jones  doesn't make the cut then Flynn to Treacy will get the funds required if the latter is your preference.

Fatality

Mat0369

Yeah it's all dependent on Bowes. I think they said it's a hamstring so he has to go with no bench coverage. You could grab May and then upgrade Powell to the BPA on any line using your left over cash and DPP swings

crowls

Powell/D Robertson   to    Dusty/Steele
216K itb after trades.  Comfortable with coverage from rookies for onfield scores by looping. 

Bolton on the bench,   2 of Poulter, Farrar and Scott for F5-6 until Bolton returns.     
Jordon, Clark, RCD, Brockman for M7/8 until next upgrade,

D6 is one of Highmore, Kosi and Murphy until post GWS bye.        Waiting Whitfield for D6 and mid 400Ks also considering Laird to mids for M8 and bring in Mills/Lloyd post byes

Next week looking at Guthrie, Gaff, Bont, Lyons, McLuggage, Kelly for mid upgrade.      Probably Zorko post byes for F6.    Like Kelly but keen to see what Leon plans for him wiht Greene out of the team.   If Kelly can hold his mid role then will definitely look at him coming in.   

Fwds hoping to hold Impey, Ziebell as Prems to the end of year and Daniher will be a late upgrade to Danger post byes after Danger drops down in value.   

Bully

Quote from: crowls on May 19, 2021, 12:53:27 PM
Powell/D Robertson   to    Dusty/Steele
216K itb after trades.  Comfortable with coverage from rookies for onfield scores by looping. 

Bolton on the bench,   2 of Poulter, Farrar and Scott for F5-6 until Bolton returns.     
Jordon, Clark, RCD, Brockman for M7/8 until next upgrade,

D6 is one of Highmore, Kosi and Murphy until post GWS bye.        Waiting Whitfield for D6 and mid 400Ks also considering Laird to mids for M8 and bring in Mills/Lloyd post byes

Next week looking at Guthrie, Gaff, Bont, Lyons, McLuggage, Kelly for mid upgrade.      Probably Zorko post byes for F6.    Like Kelly but keen to see what Leon plans for him wiht Greene out of the team.   If Kelly can hold his mid role then will definitely look at him coming in.   

Fwds hoping to hold Impey, Ziebell as Prems to the end of year and Daniher will be a late upgrade to Danger post byes after Danger drops down in value.

Whitfield running at 78% TOG, that should increase as the season progresses. Could be a super POD.

Don't forget Hurn! Back this week and headed to 420k in a fortnight.

kilbluff1985

don't get Hurn way to likely to get rested or injured

i'm thinking

bowes/powell for daniel/steele

Bully

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 19, 2021, 02:53:15 PM
don't get Hurn way to likely to get rested or injured

i'm thinking

bowes/powell for daniel/steele

I reckon Hurn's output will be similar to Rich, therefore a cash cow of sorts. If he gets injured at 520k, no harm done.

djtranny

Bowes has a 3 week hammy so he needs to be traded

Fid

Quote from: djtranny on May 19, 2021, 07:34:30 PM
Bowes has a 3 week hammy so he needs to be traded

Which = 2 matches + a bye

tkringle

Currently thinking:

Powell to Ridley (move Laird to M6)
Berry to Boak (m5)

mjmmjm34

I'm really trying to save trades... but Warner to Heeney seems too obvious.

Do we think Heeney will be good enough for F6 for the rest of the season? I don't think I will have the trades to upgrade him..

Bully

Quote from: mjmmjm34 on May 20, 2021, 08:27:43 PM
I'm really trying to save trades... but Warner to Heeney seems too obvious.

Do we think Heeney will be good enough for F6 for the rest of the season? I don't think I will have the trades to upgrade him..

You would have to say his floor is 90 so there's definite value. Don't mind using him as a stepping stone to Danger if need be. At the very worst he becomes great bench cover.

Mat0369

I was thinking about Heeney myself as a way to possibly get two premiums in this week instead of just the one. I think these are a few things that you need to consider.

Injury history - He has been hit by the injury curse the last couple of seasons and already missed time this year. If you bring him in you probably want some bench coverage in the forward line you can work with in case he misses more time

Role - Playing as the deepest forward probably hurts his scoring ability. Buddy back helps him out here as his best asset in the past has been his ability to push up to the wings and create a link up option.

If you feel he ticks the boxes go for it. I personally think I'd rather grab someone a little more proven like Zorko in my situation by doing the necessary downgrade to afford him. I'd probably have Ziebell, Impey, Dusty, Zorko, Sidebottom, Dale and Bolton ahead of him. Hawkins is another I'm looking at with a favourable bye. Others to consider include Hind, Hall and Danger when he is back.

Bully

The other thing to consider with Heeney is he plays round 12 & 13, Danger probably has his first price drop & then a deft trade in round 14 hopefully for less than 120k.

Mat0369

My opinion is if you're bringing Heeney in it's as a keeper at this point. 350k is a lot for a stepping stone so late in the year. I'd rather bank the cash and grab a rookie if I plan on trading him out later.