Lachie Neale

Started by Mat0369, April 01, 2021, 12:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I hate Leon Cameron. There is a quarter each week that Taranto gets stuck forward and it kills his score. This week it was the 2nd after a dominant first.

There are probably bigger fish to fry this week with Ridley out, Highmore unlikely, Clark likely to play VFL and Jones possibly sore. Port and Saints don't play until the last game of the round to add to the worry.

Bully

True, there's plenty of carnage to deal with, I hope Highmore is back.

Fid

Quote from: Bully on April 18, 2021, 07:50:09 PM
True, there's plenty of carnage to deal with, I hope Highmore is back.

I found this on the St Kilda website about Highmore....
Dean Kent (14 disposals) again was tried through the midfield and alternated at centre bounces with Byrnes, Tom Highmore (16 disposals, seven marks) and Wood (18 disposals, seven marks) were solid in their respective domains

He was not listed amount Snadringhams best....

https://www.saints.com.au/news/912805/vfl-byrnes-returns-as-zebras-kick-off-2021-campaign

Bully

Positive I think, backmen rarely make the bests, I think there will be wholesale changes this week.

Mat0369

The best value mid right now may be Sam Walsh. I'm honestly thinking Clark to Jones and maybe Gulden to Walsh. Teams aren't paying any attention to him with Cripps around and he is racking up the pill and points.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 18, 2021, 09:54:36 PM
The best value mid right now may be Sam Walsh. I'm honestly thinking Clark to Jones and maybe Gulden to Walsh. Teams aren't paying any attention to him with Cripps around and he is racking up the pill and points.

Still great value but can he maintain it?

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on April 18, 2021, 10:12:06 PM
Still great value but can he maintain it?

He is a running machine so I don't think we need to worry about him hitting a wall. The question is the tag. The tagger that is probably the best matchup for him is Curnow and thankfully they're on the same team. His running ability is ridiculous but teams still look to go to Cripps at the stoppages and break off him letting Walsh run free.

MontyJnr

Carlton should worry less about wasting a key midfield spot on an old tagger and more on giving some young talent some exposure through the middle.

Their obsession with defensive midfielders is taking them nowhere.