EA's team 2021

Started by EA100, April 06, 2021, 02:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EA100

Thought I would get involved in posting my weekly team updates for a bit of fun.

Starting team
DEF: Lloyd, Laird, Daniel, Stewart, Clark, Sharp (Koschitzke, Highmore)
MID: Macrae, Merrett, Dangerfield, Mitchell, Phillips, Campbell, Powell, Jordan (Berry, Gulden, Scott)
RUC: Gawn, Grundy (Flynn)
FWD: Martin, Ziebell, Impey, Dow, Warner, Brockman (Rowe, Jones)

Round 1
Score: 2,021
Weekly Rank: 18,467
Trades Left: 29
Cash: 207k

Was content with how my premo's and mid pricers opened the season, the main worry was the rucks at this point but I was always going to stick by with the assumption they would eventually start scoring well. The main thing that separated me from a better rank was simply my choice of rookies to field, went Sharp (51) over Highmore (60), didn't have Gulden (139) on field and last minute went Brockman (22) on field for Rowe (104) because Adelaide were playing Geelong, which all up cost me about 150 points. But because that was the worst of my issues, I didn't have to make a trade. First trade was made after due to Dangerfield getting suspended for the 3 weeks so decided to go Dangerfield to Dunkley as I was very confident Dunkley would be a top 6 forward throughout the season and I gained some good cash from it.

Round 2
Score: 2,289
Weekly Rank: 5,428
Overall Rank: 6,513
Trades Left: 29
Cash: 207k

Big improvement on the score for the second round, which helped a lot with my ranking. Made the rookie fielding changes that I had made mistakes with in the first round, which worked out except for Rowe (19) and Brockman getting (77), but can't always predict it. Again, premiums were good except for Daniel (66), as were the mid pricers and the two big rucks came good.

Score: 2,322
Weekly Rank: 881
Overall Rank: 1,709
Trades Left: 28
Cash: 64.4k

Had a very good week again thankfully. Good very good scores across the board from the premiums, mid pricers and some of the rookies and nailed my captain choice. A bit of panic before Monday's teams were announced because I wasn't sure on Kosi playing and having no cover. 20 minutes before the Monday game I decided to bank in my cash and go Kosi to Jiath, which worked perfectly because Kosi got about 20 and Jiath got 118 and still has a B/E of -42. I also moved Dow to my midfield bench and moved Phillips to the forward line, which meant I didn't have to field Rowe or Jones, but field Berry in the midfield. In terms of trades for this week, at most possibly Dow to either Robertson or trade Dow/Sharp for Chapman.

Mat0369

CJ has been a beast for you. Great starting pick.

Dow to Chapman has to be a lock this week.

EA100

Score: 2,087
Weekly Rank: 18,467
Overall Rank: 2,558 (-849)
Trades Left: 27
Cash: $127k

Bit more of an average week than hoped for, but still safe with the ranking and won my league game. Ended up going with Dow to Chapman which worked well because I fielded chapman and he produced a solid score. The rookie decision in fielding Berry over Powell was the big differential in my score because I lost 50 points and obviously having Daniel's 19 didn't help. Really trying to keep trades to a minimum, but I think Waterman is a must for cash production, just not sure whether to get rid of Campbell yet or not even tho the B/E isn't good. Daniel is the obvious other one, the score and suspension this week aren't the factors that have me considering moving him on, but it's the kick ins and the other players they're using out of the backline like Duryea and Dale. If I do pull the pin on Daniel, I can afford anyone except for Ridley, so I kind of like the looks of Bowes just as a bit of a fun pick, otherwise Short is the most likely option. Phillips looks like a certain for scores between 70-90 so I'll keep him for the time being.

Colliwobblers

Bowes is the business! $40k cheaper still than Short and Houston roughly.

Daniels wasn't looking like top 6 but he isn't a 19 either, brisbane locked him away... well.

Luxury trade one I'm sure most of us will endulge in, can do much better for a pretty easy upgrade.

Your rookies look better than most, way better than mine, but i'd grab waterman. has to be campbell or jordon

or clarke. or one of the dead defender rooks (through clark)

Mat0369

I would consider doing this

Daniel>Waterman using Clark and Campbell.

If you want to do a second trade this week I'd get rid of Phillips to a mid premium. I feel that fixes a lot of your structural issues.

The week after you can downgrade Clark>Jones and look at doing another upgrade using a topped out Jordon?