Lachie Neale

Started by Mat0369, April 01, 2021, 12:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Lachie Neale has had a couple of back to back stinkers. He has pulled up sore and appears to be struggling with the early attention he has received this season. What are Neale owners planning to do? Trade or hold?

I'm leaning towards trade at the moment. With a projected score of 99 he is expected to drop 76k. While that isn't the end of the world, you could trade him to say an Oliver/Dusty/Macrae/Ridley/Heeney and pocket the cash in the downgrade.

The other risky option is turning him into someone like Tex, pocket an obscene amount of cash and use Tex as a launching pad to another premium with the cash he is bound to make. 

Option C is you hold this week, risk losing about 80k and see how he goes. If he stinks it up a third week in a row he probably has to go, if he turns into Lachie Neale it's a trade saved. People aren't really going to be able to afford to bring him in come round 5 since he will still be around 600k so he may have stunk it up in the right part of the season.

djtranny

I've certainly been contemplating it but decided to trade Cripps out instead as I still believe Neale will be a top 10 mid by the end of the year and Cripps won't.

j959

Don't trade premos ... has burnt me every time i've done it ...

this time, i'm holding - i have Crippa ... only way he goes if if he's injured and not playing (have heard the talk of him needing injections to get up for games) ... will see how it goes this time ...

let you know 20/20 Captain Hindsight style later on ...  :-X    :D

enzedder

Keeping.
Fully expect to be in every team soon/ by end of season. I feel trading him out won’t improve my team.
His start sucks and he will bleed cash making it easier for everyone to get him and watch how he goes.
All bad news for his current owners.
Just going to suck it up.

shaker

One trade to get him out at least 2 trades to get him back when he resumes normal scoring.

Bully

In two weeks Neale with have parity with Dusty & Dunkley, these are the two guys I would definitely jump ship for. With the change I'd upgrade a dodgy rookie to Tex/Impey.

Holz

Neale to Dunkley and pocket the cash.

Its keeper to keeper, i make cash in price movements and then have more cash around to get a rookie to premo upgrade earlier.

Wanderer

Quote from: Holz on April 01, 2021, 11:52:39 AM

Its keeper to keeper, i make cash in price movements and then have more cash around to get a rookie to premo upgrade earlier.

I'm going Neale to Dunkley. I got Neale in originally to be a captain option, which I can't trust anymore. I only have one rookie corrective trade to do, so I see Neale as a second corrective trade that can give me the cash in the bank to turn Taranto or Philips into a premium keeper in the next few weeks if they continue to struggle.

Samsturmfels

I went Neale to Dusty, allows me to get a top 2 forward and gives me cash. With my second trade I'm going Jones to Tex for cash gen (slightly risky though).

Frankfaust

Using Neale and Caldwell I can get in Dusty and Dunkley, leaving me with Cripps to deal with.

Means passing on Jordon and on Tex.

Not sure if it's worth doing, or doing one of those and get a money-maker as the second trade.

Wanderer

Mayne into the Pies side. If Neale gets tagged, who will be tagging him?

Mat0369

Quote from: Holz on April 01, 2021, 11:52:39 AM

My thinking as well. If I can grab an Oliver/Dusty and pocket the cash for a couple of quick upgrades it gives me a better run at it. You need to be aggressive and finish your team as quickly as possible. 40% of teams already used a sideways trade on Danger.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Wanderer on April 01, 2021, 01:37:49 PM
Mayne into the Pies side. If Neale gets tagged, who will be tagging him?
The only player would be Adams who would do any sort of tagging. But I wouldn't expect any tagging like last week.

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on April 01, 2021, 01:24:43 PM
I went Neale to Dusty, allows me to get a top 2 forward and gives me cash. With my second trade I'm going Jones to Tex for cash gen (slightly risky though).

Jones to Tex isn't risky in the slightest, with the 5 in Jones' rolling average he's done for cash generation for at least a month, by that stage you have pocketed 70-150k from Tex & maybe a ton or two.

Wanderer

Had a solid first half and looking like a 130+ score and then totally disappeared in the second half.