We'reFromTigerland 2021

Started by Gavdroid, March 31, 2021, 04:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavdroid

Flynn not named again. Makes the decision really easy. Gawn it is!

Gavdroid

So not the best week, but hanging in there

R5 score: 2125
R5 rank: 38,706
Total score: 11,199
Overall: 237 (-182)

R5 team
B: Ridley, Laird, Ryan, Short, Chapman, Jones (Highmore, Sharp)
M: Oliver, Macrae, Mitchell, J Kelly, Cripps, Gulden, Powell, Scott (Brockman, Jordan, Saunders (loopholer))
R: Gawn, Grundy, (Flynn)
F: Dusty, Walker, Ziebell, Impey, Warner, Campbell, (Rowe, Treacy)

Trades left: 23
Bank: $96k

Positives: Not many but Gawn in was good, Ryan, Macrae (took VC score), JKelly kicking winning goal saved his score.

Ridley out will hurt. Titch hurting now, especially when I could have grabbed Dunkley when I dumped Danger. Not having Dunkley is starting to become painful.

Really hoping Highmore gets a game this week or I'm facing a donut or more trades. Not sure how hard I should be going to keep in touch, only 280ish points from 1st. Could consider a Ridley to Mansell trade and upgrade someone to Dunkley,  or Ridley to Lloyd if trading this week. I think Mansell might get a few more weeks and make a little bit of cash until Vlastuin gets back, but that could be wishful thinking. I'd then have to get Ridley back in in a few weeks when he finishes losing cash and hope rookies are ready to cull/upgrade.

Will likely hold trades this week as I've probably used too many already, but will wait for teams I think Friday night before deciding anything.

Colliwobblers

think you can afford and probably need to trade a rook defender in to avoid a donut and also just to generate cash.

Still well ranked cant be copping donuts. and cant hold too many rooks not playing . might as well move on one in the line your thinnest
as we all are in defense.

Don't trade ridley unless 3+ should only be a week for concussion. but i'm not sure on that...

Mat0369

Yeah you need to hold Ridley. Trading hard is the right decision but sideways trading Ridley not so much.

Something I would consider this week

Campbell>Mansell using Scott and Sharp. It could cover your donut down back and you pocket a nice chunk of change.

Use the cash from that trade to upgrade Gulden or Warner. You could bring in a premium on any line using DPP. If you really wanted to maximise your cash trade out both Gulden and Warner while holding Campbell.

Gavdroid

Defence is just the carnage line this year. If Mansell named Campbell to Mansell locked in for me. Hopefully Highmore plays otherwise I'm looking at Ridley to either Lloyd or Stewart or copping a donut.

Mat0369

The only downside is you're going to have to field Mansell now at D6 for an extended period which is a little scary. I'm in the same boat and it's a bit of a crap show. You could go early on Macrae but it might be a nightmare if he gets injured/dropped with all these non playing rookies.

Gavdroid

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 23, 2021, 03:44:02 PM
The only downside is you're going to have to field Mansell now at D6 for an extended period which is a little scary. I'm in the same boat and it's a bit of a crap show. You could go early on Macrae but it might be a nightmare if he gets injured/dropped with all these non playing rookies.

Yes, and Mansell will only get get until Vlastuin returns, so maybe three weeks. He's a short term cash cow at best. Macrae doesn't help the defence unfortunately, but may facilitate an upgrade. There no way I'm pulling the trigger on him early though, been burnt enough on rookies this season.

Mat0369

Quote from: Gavdroid on April 23, 2021, 05:06:40 PM
Yes, and Mansell will only get get until Vlastuin returns, so maybe three weeks. He's a short term cash cow at best. Macrae doesn't help the defence unfortunately, but may facilitate an upgrade. There no way I'm pulling the trigger on him early though, been burnt enough on rookies this season.

So three weeks of price rises is probably around 50k-80k. To downgrade Mansell after that to a 124k defender it's not a lot of money into the bank. I'm thinking McCreery may be a better slow burn for the Pies and easier to hide on the bench down the track. Both really aren't ideal options and it's a bit of a coinflip.