We'reFromTigerland 2021

Started by Gavdroid, March 31, 2021, 04:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavdroid

Ok, so I've started well for the first time ever! Currently sitting 12th overall, despite having Rowe and Gulden stuck on my bench in round 1.

Have made just the one trade so far Danger to Mitchell. I don't have Jordan so looking to get him in this week, but unsure what to do with my other trade, if anything.

Current team:
B: Ryan, Laird, Ridley, Daniel, Short, Highmore (Kozi, Sharp)
M: Oliver, Macrae, Mitchell, J Kelly, Cripps, Gulden, Powell, Campbell (Brockman, Scott, Saunders (loopholer))
R: Grundy, Flynn (Hunter)
F: Dusty, Butters, Ziebell, Impey, Daniher, Warner (Fullerton, Rowe)

$67,900 in the bank

Fullerton to Jordan looks the best way to get him in at the moment. Leaves me enough to either go:
Daniher to Walker
Or
Cripps to Dunkley

I'm just a bit wary about sideways trading too many premos and wasting trades like I seem to every year. Or just use one trade and wait it out?

Advice and suggestions appreciated :)

Bully

Both look like viable options, I've gone with Ridley for Cripps so using the same logic I'd encourage you to get Dunkley in now before he hits 600k. I think Daniher will make enough to justify keeping, perhaps not as quickly as Tex.

Ringo

Do you want to build a cash chest, then maybe Cripps to Jordon and then Fullarton/Hunter to Walker,  Both will make cash over the next few weeks allowing for upgrades,

If not I would only do Hunter/Fullarton to Jordon,

Wait though for teams to be announced and if Fullarton is named as main ruck then use Hunter.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on March 31, 2021, 05:15:35 PM
Do you want to build a cash chest, then maybe Cripps to Jordon and then Fullarton/Hunter to Walker,  Both will make cash over the next few weeks allowing for upgrades,

If not I would only do Hunter/Fullarton to Jordon,

Wait though for teams to be announced and if Fullarton is named as main ruck then use Hunter.

Sitting 12th I wouldn't be taking a premo off the park, need to keep as much $$ onfield as is humanly possible. Those grabbing Tex are in some ways trading cash for points, that may pay off long term but it's also contingent on Tex making 150k.

Ringo

Now Teams announced would do

Fullarton to Jordon. Go with gut on second trade whether you want to or not.  Cripps is playing hurt by his own admission and that is hurting his scores. Speed of game also effecting him.

Some B/E to help
Cripps has a B/E 137
Dunkley B/E 83
Daniher 10
Tex -114.

Colliwobblers

yeah i think you got to get jordon - a trade not wasted.

as ringo says cripps isnt staying so might as well move him now - dunkley 100% lock in your fwd line. tex - cash cow maybe of the season. probably either of those isn't wanted trade either. others are considering impey, worth consideration. I went tex.

Gavdroid

Thanks for all the feedback!

It feels like a line-ball call. Comes down to Cripps+Tex v Dunkley+Daniher on field if I use the two trades.  Tex's next 4-5 match-ups is making me lean a bit that way at the moment. Clearly his massive scores won't continue but I can't see how he doesn't make at least 150k over the next few weeks, so should be well placed for a premo upgrade by then.
Thinking I might just give the premos I've got another week, at least they're playing and scoring, and get quickest cash generators I can to get upgrades going.
Dunkley, Gawn, Lloyd and possibly a bottomed out Neale are the obvious ones I need to get in sooner rather than later.

Whether Cripps is good enough to hold down m8 by seasons end, who knows? The "mystery injury" doesn't help. We don't even know if it's something that will get better while he's playing or if it will hamper him all year unless he gets a few weeks off.

Mat0369

Considering McInerney is probably going to be only a week maybe 2 with the ankle I feel Fullarton is the guy to dump. Yes he will go into the ruck for the majority of the game this week which is a positive, but it's against Grundy. Jordon will make you quick cash so that trade makes sense and I'd lock it in.

You can probably afford to hold Cripps one more week since his price probably won't change all that much. My gut says Daniher is going to get mauled by the Pies backline so turning him into Tex will net you maximum cash to be able to push through those quick upgrades. The aim in your position is to maximise cash as quickly as possible and get those premium scores coming through. Having said that, Cripps to Dunkley looks amazing as well.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 01, 2021, 01:04:18 AM
Considering McInerney is probably going to be only a week maybe 2 with the ankle I feel Fullarton is the guy to dump. Yes he will go into the ruck for the majority of the game this week which is a positive, but it's against Grundy. Jordon will make you quick cash so that trade makes sense and I'd lock it in.

You can probably afford to hold Cripps one more week since his price probably won't change all that much. My gut says Daniher is going to get mauled by the Pies backline so turning him into Tex will net you maximum cash to be able to push through those quick upgrades. The aim in your position is to maximise cash as quickly as possible and get those premium scores coming through. Having said that, Cripps to Dunkley looks amazing as well.

If Moore takes Daniher then it is possible he leaks some goals similar to McKay.

Gavdroid

Round 3 score: 2230
Round 3 rank: 6638
Overall rank: 26
Round 3 trades: Fullerton to Jordan and Daniher to Tex
Bank: 8k

B: Ryan, Laird, Ridley, Daniel, Short, Kozi (Highmore Sharp)
M: Oliver, Macrae, Mitchell, J Kelly, Cripps, Gulden, Powell, Jordan (Campbell , Scott, Saunders (loopholer))
R: Grundy, Flynn (Hunter)
F: Dusty, Butters, Ziebell, Impey, Tex, Warner (Brockman, Rowe)

Thankfully only dropped 14 spots this week. A few let downs, but only copped Campbell and Kosi on field, Jordan too but 49 is ok for a rookie. Butters and Oliver were the worst of the keepers, with plenty of 80's + 90's in there as well.

Glad I started with Ridley, Impey and Ziebell, and glad I jumped on Tex. Good to see Cripps play well and Grundy VC.

May need to shore up d6-7 this week, have just enough cash for Kosi to Chapman, likely my only trade, then can hopefully wait for some more price rises and then look at upgrades. Anything else would just be sideways trading premiums which feels a bit unnecessary at this stage.

Colliwobblers

nice work again dont have to worry about the best rooks stinking it up they'll be on all the top plaers fields too.

Have to sort the defense as you say, I have the luxury of cash in bank after moving cripps on. possibly in error but getting tex in for his wasnt an error.

If all you can do is chapman, that's beeter than a donut or a 22 which will kill you with your rank....

Theres also the carlton lad even cheaper may help you with other rookie moves having some extra $$ L Parks $102400 scored 51 no idea on his JS.

Impey and Tex, stroke of genius.

As was the Flynn #2 ruck saving $$$ got you off to a flying start along with the team you picked obviously, your only worry I guess is getting the $$$ to get Gawn in if he keeps scoring as he currently is you will have to. I suspect most of the guys ranked up where you are will be in the same boat tho which is good.

I got oliver too, we're in for another horror score from him this week with the geelong tagger he's beat neale, mitchell ,  ... sigh....

Keep it up your killing it.

Mat0369

The Tex pick is one that could be make or break. I feel you may have scored a couple of cheap keepers in Ziebell and Tex which makes upgrading the rest of your team that little bit easier.

The defence needs attention. You can't afford to run with Kozi, Sharp and Highmore. Kosi to Chapman seems like a solid sideways move since you may end up with a donut if you don't. Next week you can double downgrade with Waterman and Robertson available and it should give you the cash to start your upgrades.

Gavdroid

Round 4 Score: 2171
Overall Rank: 55
Trades remaining: 25
Bank: $900

R4 team
B: Ridley, Laird, Ryan, Short, Daniel, Chapman (Highmore, Sharp)
M: Oliver, Macrae, Mitchell, J Kelly, Cripps, Gulden, Powell, Jordan (Brockman, Scott, Saunders (loopholer))
R: Grundy, Flynn (Treacy)
F: Dusty, Butters, Walker, Ziebell, Impey, Warner (Campbell, Rowe)

Somehow only dropped 29 spots despite having Jordan, Daniel and Treacy on field.
Had to use two more trades to avoid donuts in backline and ruck with Flynn and Kosi out.
Kosi to Chapman worked well, and Hunter to Flynn was always going to happen, was just hoping Hunter might have made a few $$ first.

I now have a dilema this week. Clearly need to get rid of Butters.
Daniel being out for a week will also give me a donut unless I trade or cover him somehow.

Trade out options: Butters, Daniel, Jordan
With DPP player shifting, trade in targets can be:
Dunkley, Gawn, Bowes, Jiath, Cox, Jones (Port), Waterman

Short about $30k in cash of going a Dunkley/Jiath or Gawn/Cox combo so they're out.
Options under consideration:
Out: Butters + Daniel
In: Gawn + Jones (bank $95k)
      Dunkley + Cox/Jones (bank $115k/$230k)
      Jiath + Cox/Jones (bank $315k/$430k)
      Bowes + Jiath/Cox/Jones (bank $65k/$210k/$325k)

Out: Butters + Jordan (bench Daniel for a week and hope he comes good)
In: Jiath + Cox (Fwd)/Waterman (bank $50k/$205k)
      Bowes + Waterman (bank $100k)

Really not sure what to do here. Thinking Gawn a priority while I have the cash, but starting Jones and Chapman in backline with no bench could create defensive issues again if they're rested. Also benches Flynn which feels like wasted points on the bench.
Any two defenders in sends Laird to the mids and gives DPP with Sharp if needed which feels better security-wise.

Bully

Get Gawn!

Much easier to pluck out a bargain on other lines so time to nail down your ruck division.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Bully on April 13, 2021, 02:52:42 PM
Get Gawn!

Much easier to pluck out a bargain on other lines so time to nail down your ruck division.

+1

if you get a donut on the defensive bench it will be less lost points than what you gain with C on Gawn.

I've had flynn on the bench from day 1, not a waste a nice bucket of cash ready to tip into a midfield upgrade :)

the way chapman and jones to a lesser degree look, by the time they're rested they'll be an easy upgrade.

Gawn has to be the hardest target you'll have all season, I'd get it out of the way and start reaping the points also.

If you don't do that I'd do dunkley+jones or if you are worried down back bowes+jones.

Jiath is only a good move now if hes a keeper. Could be, but...