Josh Kelly

Started by Judd Magic, March 29, 2021, 10:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd Magic

WTF is happening with him?

Hasn't tonned up in the first 2 games.

If he doesn't ton up this week for me he's goneski.

Bully

GWS look like a horror show, I'm seriously considering dumping Taranto for Heeney, Tex or Butters.

RaisyDaisy

Ballsy starting pick...

SC is much easier when you just avoid GWS prems - sooner or later they spud up, get rubbed out or injured

Judd Magic

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 29, 2021, 11:02:14 PM
Ballsy starting pick...

SC is much easier when you just avoid GWS prems - sooner or later they spud up, get rubbed out or injured

Wanted a POD and thought he would be a good one.

So frustrating that he gets so close to tonning up but just fails to get there.

He has great scoring history on his side and he actually looks very fit this season too.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Bully on March 29, 2021, 11:00:25 PM
GWS look like a horror show, I'm seriously considering dumping Taranto for Heeney, Tex or Butters.

I might ditch him for Tich, Brayshaw or Ridley next week.

So annoyed.

Bully

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 29, 2021, 11:12:29 PM

So annoyed.

Have been burnt before so I didn't touch him, reckon all the GWS mids will suffer with the lack of star power around, signs ominous. Taranto struck me as a down hill skier on the weekend, don't like that & I reckon the odds of a breakout are small. Won't lose a truckload of cash but may well dish up another 85 season which doesn't appeal in the slightest.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Bully on March 29, 2021, 11:30:39 PM

So annoyed.

Have been burnt before so I didn't touch him, reckon all the GWS mids will suffer with the lack of star power around, signs ominous. Taranto struck me as a down hill skier on the weekend, don't like that & I reckon the odds of a breakout are small. Won't lose a truckload of cash but may well dish up another 85 season which doesn't appeal in the slightest.

I really want to get rid of Jelly this week but part of me thinks that I should give him one more chance.

Thing is is that he has a breakeven of 173 and even if he scores 110 he will lose about $28k

My premo mids are Steele, Oliver, Macrae and Jelly.

I need to bring in Impey and Campbell this week though as I have Rowe and Scott at F5 and F6 and no way am I playing those 2 flowering jokers on the ground again.

Bully

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 29, 2021, 11:40:01 PM

So annoyed.

I really want to get rid of Jelly this week but part of me thinks that I should give him one more chance.

Thing is is that he has a breakeven of 173 and even if he scores 110 he will lose about $28k

I need to bring in Impey and Campbell this week though as I have Rowe and Scott at F5 and F6 and no way am I playing those 2 flowering jokers on the ground again.

This is in part why I want to bring another forward, F6 looking dodgy. Heeney probably has the greatest appeal, 95 pretty much locked, think that's a pretty good solution. Then there's cash cow Tex & silk Butters. Reckon this week is crucial & could really set some sides up.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Bully on March 29, 2021, 11:54:04 PM
Quote from: Judd Magic on March 29, 2021, 11:40:01 PM

So annoyed.

This is in part why I want to bring another forward, F6 looking dodgy. Heeney probably has the greatest appeal, 95 pretty much locked, think that's a pretty good solution. Then there's cash cow Tex & silk Butters. Reckon this week is crucial & could really set some sides up.

I'm a lot happier with this forward line now -

Dunkley, Dusty, Ziebell, Impey, Campbell, Warner (Bergman, Rowe)

No Rowe and Scott at F5 and F6 anymore (Scott back to mid bench) and Fullerton the dud became Impey.

Who would you trade Jelly to mate next week if he doesn't ton up again?

I have narrowed it down to Ridley, Tich or Brayshaw.

Mat0369

My rule was don't pick any GWS players because they always burn me yet I still broke it.

He had a huge 1st quarter. 10 touches and I think about 35 DT to 30 SC. He was about 40 something DT to 36 SC at HT. From what I can see De Boer went into the midfield to tag Brayshaw and he had been playing half forward prior to that point. Did the De Boer move force Taranto into a more permanent forward role for the remainder of the game and kill his scoring?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 30, 2021, 12:10:41 AM
My rule was don't pick any GWS players because they always burn me yet I still broke it.

He had a huge 1st quarter. 10 touches and I think about 35 DT to 30 SC. He was about 40 something DT to 36 SC at HT. From what I can see De Boer went into the midfield to tag Brayshaw and he had been playing half forward prior to that point. Did the De Boer move force Taranto into a more permanent forward role for the remainder of the game and kill his scoring?

I was very hesitant in picking Taranto, and glad I went with my gut

Even in round 1 he was struggling - can't recall exactly but reckon he was barely on 50SC in the 3rd but had a big last qtr to ton up

Flynn is the only GWS player worth having this year  ;D

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 30, 2021, 12:10:41 AM

There's certainly forward time to consider, the problem I see is he's missing gettable shots. Gut says Butters will outscore Taranto & may even break the ton, trajectory is on the up. There's also the midfield time, 36 disposals is a big milestone, especially for an elite disposer of the ball.

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 30, 2021, 12:15:04 AM
I was very hesitant in picking Taranto, and glad I went with my gut

Even in round 1 he was struggling - can't recall exactly but reckon he was barely on 50SC in the 3rd but had a big last qtr to ton up

Flynn is the only GWS player worth having this year  ;D

He was actually pretty good for the majority of the Saints game. It was a slow 1st and then pretty consistent from then on. He is spending a lot of time up forward with Cal Ward being a preferred option on the wing/middle of the ground. It's frustrating but I think all the other GWS mids are made of glass so he should be able to hopefully sneak back in and dominate. I'm thinking he just butchered the ball in the last game because he was an 80ish DT to 60ish SC.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2021, 12:30:05 AM
There's certainly forward time to consider, the problem I see is he's missing gettable shots. Gut says Butters will outscore Taranto & may even break the ton, trajectory is on the up. There's also the midfield time, 36 disposals is a big milestone, especially for an elite disposer of the ball.

His best asset is how strong he was around the contest. GWS are the shambles but I feel a lot of teams are struggling to get their rotations right with the lower interchange cap. A lot of these gun mids are being forced forward and can't play there. Taranto was drafted as a forward/mid so I'm hoping he can bring it back the other way against the Dees.

Gavdroid

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 29, 2021, 11:10:50 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 29, 2021, 11:02:14 PM
Ballsy starting pick...

Wanted a POD and thought he would be a good one.

So frustrating that he gets so close to tonning up but just fails to get there.

He has great scoring history on his side and he actually looks very fit this season too.

I'm in the same boat. He has burnt me before as well with injury but thought he was worth another try. Still hopeful his scoring will improve but at least he's getting 90's, unlike Cripps and a few others.