Round 3 trades

Started by crowls, March 26, 2021, 12:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: SilverLion on March 31, 2021, 01:54:10 PM
Quote from: tkringle on March 31, 2021, 01:49:02 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on March 31, 2021, 01:35:22 PM
Is Phillips to Walker or Butters worth it?

Yep. I would make either one of those trades if you have all the key rookies already.

Butters will probably be a keeper, so an upgrade. Walker will make cash but wont be a keeper.
Only rookie I'm missing is Jordon.

Issue is I don't know who I'd trade for him.

D: (Koschitzke, Highmore)
M: Campbell, Powell, Gulden (Berry, Scott, McNeil)
R: Flynn (Hunter)
F: Warner (Fullarton, Rowe)

I'm considering Hunter to Jordan via Fullarton+Scott. Don't want to make 2 trades this week as I had to make 2 last week.

So it becomes:

Phillips --> Walker/Butters       vs.       Hunter --> Jordon

Do you have Daniher?  I'm trading Daniher to Jordon and upgrading Phillips.

shaker

Had a complete about face about Tex just thinking one low score this week could derail his cash income and GC have some decent DEF's and I'm sure he will get some more attention after 2 massive weeks I'm ranked in the 600's think I will just trust the team I started with NO TRADES unless some unforeseen outs.

SilverLion

Quote from: tkringle on March 31, 2021, 02:02:22 PM
Jordon over Walker as he will make way more $$. Do you have any forward DPP's in your midfield? if so, I would look at Phillips to Jordon
Agree. I do have Danger in the mids (was forced to keep him due to making 2 injury trades), but not comfortable going another premo down.

Quote from: jvalles69 on March 31, 2021, 03:33:12 PM
Do you have Daniher?  I'm trading Daniher to Jordon and upgrading Phillips.
I do, but I think he'll be a solid stepping stone to a prem.

dmac07

Dow to Jordon
Cripps to Impey

28 trades left 400k in bank after.
Crazy?
Gives me a good start on Ziebell and Impey to Neale and Dunkley in a few weeks.

Bully

Quote from: dmac07 on March 31, 2021, 07:02:34 PM
Dow to Jordon
Cripps to Impey

Crazy?

I entertained Cripps to Impey as well, think there's a lot of merit to this trade.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2021, 07:23:24 PM
Dow to Jordon
Cripps to Impey

Crazy?

I entertained Cripps to Impey as well, think there's a lot of merit to this trade.

dow to jordon - lock that in.

cripps to impey or walker I agree with, removes a player who is not looking like a top 6 mid over the season who is about to start losing money and brings in a cash cow , whic his what i see impey and walker as. Impey cheaper, but a slower rise than walker on current form, flip a coin... i went tex

enzedder

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 31, 2021, 02:17:53 AM
Not sure how or why you can compare Viney to Tex?

Viney was 440k, and honestly, if you picked him at that price you should have only done so if you thought he could turn into a keeper

440k is a not a cash cow - I'd argue it's not even a stepping stone - that's like getting Taranto for 450k this year - to be a keeper

298k is a stepping stone / cash cow

Tex will make just as much as a good rookie, while having no JS issues and the ability to score
He was a stepping stone. Never wanted him as a keeper. Wanted the cash grab and trade to a fallen or more proven premium. Injuries and priorities meant I got stuck with him. Simple.
Tex is the same. A stepping stone. You don’t want him as a keeper as a Key forward who will throw up the occasional 40/50 scores. If he does that sooner rather than later your cash cow ain’t earning that much cash.
Pass for me.
Jordon and Butters will do just fine.

Samsturmfels

Dow to Jordon
Cripps to Impey

Crazy?
Although i agree that those players are good trade ins, having 400k in bank will result in many lost points. If your only going for leagues then go ahead, otherwise you should consider getting a premo such as Walsh/Brayshaw for cripps.

Fid

Quote from: enzedder on March 31, 2021, 08:44:31 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 31, 2021, 02:17:53 AM
Not sure how or why you can compare Viney to Tex?

Viney was 440k, and honestly, if you picked him at that price you should have only done so if you thought he could turn into a keeper

440k is a not a cash cow - I'd argue it's not even a stepping stone - that's like getting Taranto for 450k this year - to be a keeper

298k is a stepping stone / cash cow

Tex will make just as much as a good rookie, while having no JS issues and the ability to score
He was a stepping stone. Never wanted him as a keeper. Wanted the cash grab and trade to a fallen or more proven premium. Injuries and priorities meant I got stuck with him. Simple.
Tex is the same. A stepping stone. You don’t want him as a keeper as a Key forward who will throw up the occasional 40/50 scores. If he does that sooner rather than later your cash cow ain’t earning that much cash.
Pass for me.
Jordon and Butters will do just fine.

I was going for Butters as well earlier, but I was concerned what impact Rozee will have on him.  I read that Rozee is due to return this round.

Samsturmfels

Thoughts on these trades?

Neale to Dusty, Jones to Tex.

Allows me to get in a top 2 forward, not have to field rowe, get rid of jones and a potentially good cash cow.

Otherwise i could go Neale to Titch and bank the cash or just dont do any trades.

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 31, 2021, 08:49:21 PM
Thoughts on these trades?

Neale to Dusty, Jones to Tex.

Allows me to get in a top 2 forward, not have to field rowe, get rid of jones and a potentially good cash cow.

Otherwise i could go Neale to Titch and bank the cash or just dont do any trades.

Dusty & Tex is a power trade with zero downside, get it done.

whynot102

Options are
Sharp to Jordon, Neale to BrayshawBoak
Neale to above and Daniher to Dunkley
Neale to Oliver Daniher to Butters

Can do the 2nd upgrade next week miss points however get Jordon

Have most other rookies already

Thoughts please

bkimm32

Quote from: shaker on March 31, 2021, 05:57:55 PM
Had a complete about face about Tex just thinking one low score this week could derail his cash income and GC have some decent DEF's and I'm sure he will get some more attention after 2 massive weeks I'm ranked in the 600's think I will just trust the team I started with NO TRADES unless some unforeseen outs.
I’m thinking the same

I got caught in the early season jack darling hype a couple years ago. he came out and kicked a couple bags to start the year, traded him in thinking he would be good for a 90 average and then he went on to score in the 60s for the rest of the season.

Woppa15

Quote from: bkimm32 on March 31, 2021, 10:02:10 PM
I’m thinking the same

I got caught in the early season jack darling hype a couple years ago. he came out and kicked a couple bags to start the year, traded him in thinking he would be good for a 90 average and then he went on to score in the 60s for the rest of the season.

I’m the same, I was caught in the hype early but the boys from Supercoach Coach put it nicely; the first 2 round scores mean the least of all during the season. 1st week score counts to only one price cycle, 2nd week counts to two price cycles. In the schemes of things the risk is too high, one avg to poor score early and the cash gen halts significantly. It will be a pass from me.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: bkimm32 on March 31, 2021, 10:02:10 PM
I’m thinking the same

Same with Darling and picked up viney last year. Will probably still pick Tex. I cant remember the last time a midpricer was averaging over 140 after there first 2 games