Round 3 trades

Started by crowls, March 26, 2021, 12:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

God damn it, you guys are convincing me to get Tex.  ::)

HappyDEZ

Quote from: B. on March 30, 2021, 10:17:51 AM
Bringing in Warner and Jordan as rookie correctional trades. Who goes for those 2?

Daniher, Scott, Fullarton, McNeill, Bergman??
Scott & McNeill play early which might help make a decision. I would also keep an eye on the OMac injury. If he misses a couple it could def help Fullartons scoring. If Omac gets up I would trade Full & whichever of the 2 bullies gets dropped (surely JJ gets a look in this week?)

Fid

I don't normally trade out "premos" , but I feel I made a mistake on getting Cripps.

So for me it's Cripps to Butters and Cox to Tex

enzedder

Quote from: jvalles69 on March 30, 2021, 01:11:28 PM
I’m resisting mate.
If Tex scores 70-80s his cash generation is limited to say 100k and plateaus.
He isn’t a keeper and I got left holding Viney last year as I had other trades to do.
I can get Butters for Phillips who I see as a keeper at his bottom end price so don’t see the need for Tex who would necessitate another trade.

jvalles69

Quote from: enzedder on March 30, 2021, 05:47:57 PM
I’m resisting mate.
He isn’t a keeper and I got left holding Viney last year as I had other trades to do.
I can get Butters for Phillips who I see as a keeper at his bottom end price so don’t see the need for Tex who would necessitate another trade.

Yeah I got stuck with Viney too, so I wont' be doing it.

I think I've settled on Daniher and Phillips to Jordon and Dunkley, gets me 1 more keeper and cash generation.  Aggressive move, but that's all for me for awhile until injuries or rookies fatten up.

enzedder

Quote from: jvalles69 on March 30, 2021, 05:57:51 PM
Quote from: enzedder on March 30, 2021, 05:47:57 PM
I’m resisting mate.

Yeah I got stuck with Viney too, so I wont' be doing it.

I think I've settled on Daniher and Phillips to Jordon and Dunkley, gets me 1 more keeper and cash generation.  Aggressive move, but that's all for me for awhile until injuries or rookies fatten up.
I’m getting Jordon with my other trade as he’s the rookie I missed. Thought his JS was suspect but Viney is back and Jordon looks safe playing as he is.
Dunkley is a great trade for Phillips. I’ve already got him.

crowls

Quote from: crowls on March 26, 2021, 12:59:39 AM
Was hoping to avoid correction trades but watching carlton tonight has Cripps at the front of the queue for me.    Possibly into titch, brayshaw, ldu or dunkley.   Will sleep on it and see what the rest of the round brings.   

Jordon > any rookie that is dropped next week.

Cripps is dead to me.    Josh Dunkley F1 this week
Jones>Jordon

Was ready the rookie thread and it struck me that Sharp being dropped might be a cash gen issue I will have to fix this week.   Bergman probably the only player rookie likely for a replacement and his JS is shakey as well.   Might put Sharp D8 and Clark into the mids and stick with above trades until we get a option to replace sharp.   Dont need loophole as Danger is on the pine for 2 more weeks.   Going to go see if there are any def/ruc options.   

Hopefully that is it until Rd5 when Hunter becomes Treacy.    Never quite works out that way but a man with a plan is better than a man without a plan.

RaisyDaisy

Not sure how or why you can compare Viney to Tex?

Viney was 440k, and honestly, if you picked him at that price you should have only done so if you thought he could turn into a keeper

440k is a not a cash cow - I'd argue it's not even a stepping stone - that's like getting Taranto for 450k this year - to be a keeper

298k is a stepping stone / cash cow

Tex will make just as much as a good rookie, while having no JS issues and the ability to score

bkimm32

I was planning on going fullarton > Flynn

It’s looking like mcinerny may miss a week for Brisbane, giving fullarton #1 ruck duties. Which makes me want to keep fullarton in the hope he pumps out a 85+ And gets the money making rolling

If I pass on Flynn i can get Jordon instead (my other trade is already used - so can’t have both)

Am I crazy? Someone tell me I’m crazy.

Fid

Quote from: Fid on March 30, 2021, 01:20:44 PM
I don't normally trade out "premos" , but I feel I made a mistake on getting Cripps.

So for me it's Cripps to Butters and Cox to Tex

I changed my mind, going to go;-

Cripps to Short and Daniher to Tex

tkringle

Trade 1 - Duggan to Short.

Picked Duggan thinking he was a potential cheap D6 but he hasn't worked out as I hoped

Trade 2 - Fullarton to Tex
Fullarton may get a few more games but I can't see him making much money. He will get some ruck minutes now but didn't look any good against the cats in that position either. Tex will make a lot of money and also allows me to get Rowe to D7.

SilverLion

Is Phillips to Walker or Butters worth it?

tkringle

Quote from: SilverLion on March 31, 2021, 01:35:22 PM

Yep. I would make either one of those trades if you have all the key rookies already.

Butters will probably be a keeper, so an upgrade. Walker will make cash but wont be a keeper.

SilverLion

Quote from: tkringle on March 31, 2021, 01:49:02 PM

Yep. I would make either one of those trades if you have all the key rookies already.

Butters will probably be a keeper, so an upgrade. Walker will make cash but wont be a keeper.
Only rookie I'm missing is Jordon.

Issue is I don't know who I'd trade for him.

D: (Koschitzke, Highmore)
M: Campbell, Powell, Gulden (Berry, Scott, McNeil)
R: Flynn (Hunter)
F: Warner (Fullarton, Rowe)

I'm considering Hunter to Jordan via Fullarton+Scott. Don't want to make 2 trades this week as I had to make 2 last week.

So it becomes:

Phillips --> Walker/Butters       vs.       Hunter --> Jordon

tkringle

Quote from: SilverLion on March 31, 2021, 01:54:10 PM
Quote from: tkringle on March 31, 2021, 01:49:02 PM

Only rookie I'm missing is Jordon.

Issue is I don't know who I'd trade for him.

D: (Koschitzke, Highmore)
M: Campbell, Powell, Gulden (Berry, Scott, McNeil)
R: Flynn (Hunter)
F: Warner (Fullarton, Rowe)

I'm considering Hunter to Jordan via Fullarton+Scott. Don't want to make 2 trades this week as I had to make 2 last week.

So it becomes:

Phillips --> Walker/Butters       vs.       Hunter --> Jordon

Jordon over Walker as he will make way more $$. Do you have any forward DPP's in your midfield? if so, I would look at Phillips to Jordon