Round 3 trades

Started by crowls, March 26, 2021, 12:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy10

Quote from: Gavdroid on March 29, 2021, 11:16:04 AM
Quote from: tommy10 on March 29, 2021, 10:46:14 AM
Nailed all the rookies part from Jordon. Option 3 added.

1. Most likely Dow to Impey and Bruhn to Jordon.

2. Or could miss out on Impey and do Dow to Jordon and Cripps to Boak, but would mean I still have Bruhn.

3. Dow to Tex and Bruhn to Jordon.

Thoughts?

I'd be tempted by option 3. Tex's next 4 opponents are Suns, Roos, Freo and Hawks so his scoring could very well continue for a few weeks of he maintains some of his current form. I'm tossing up whether to bring him in myself, my only trade option for him would be Daniher
Yeah exactly why I'm thinking of bringing him in. Giants at home in Round 7 too. Would be excellent cash generation and can easily upgrade to fwd premo in 5-6 weeks time.

I think Daniher will struggle vs the Pies backs this week, Doggies next. A couple of tough games coming up. If Joey is your only option, then I would trade him imo. He's proj. to only go up $23k if he scores 62 (projected) and there's definitely no certainty to get that.

RaisyDaisy

Yeah Option 3 for mine too - getting the rookies correct is the main priority of this round, so dumping Dow and Bruhn makes sense to me

Geez that Tex next 4 is damn tempting

Jordan Clark and Joe Daniher are the only 2 guys I have that I can actually trade, so I'd need to trade Clark to a rookie such as Giro/Lazzaro and then turn Daniher into Tex

It's tempting, but just not sure it's good use of 2 trades

tommy10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 29, 2021, 11:32:52 AM
Yeah Option 3 for mine too - getting the rookies correct is the main priority of this round, so dumping Dow and Bruhn makes sense to me

Jordan Clark and Joe Daniher are the only 2 guys I have that I can actually trade, so I'd need to trade Clark to a rookie such as Giro/Lazzaro and then turn Daniher into Tex

You're in good position RD and you have nailed your rookies, so I would hold if I were you. Clark has been ok so far and still has money to make. If you had the cash to go Joey to Tex, I'm sure you would, but I'm not sure it's worth 2 trades just to get Tex in.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: tommy10 on March 29, 2021, 11:40:26 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 29, 2021, 11:32:52 AM

You're in good position RD and you have nailed your rookies, so I would hold if I were you. Clark has been ok so far and still has money to make. If you had the cash to go Joey to Tex, I'm sure you would, but I'm not sure it's worth 2 trades just to get Tex in.

My exact thoughts too Tommy

Joe to Tex in 1 trade I would certainly do, but using 2 trades, and dropping Clark does seem like a fair bit

Will mull it over, because it might cost a bit from that perspective, but it will likely net me more points and cash so have to weigh that up

shaker

Haven't used any trades so far got all the rookies except McDonald and can live without him but do have Duggan stinking it up who unless gets a monster score will start losing $$$ and Dow so I'm thinking cash generation Duggan to Howard or maybe Cumming both to make some nice cash and Dow to sexy Texy ? team going good ranked 608 but don't trust Duggan in current role and thinking Dow could be dropped after a couple of losses but won't see till 5 games have been played which rules out these trades any ideas ?

Bully

Quote from: shaker on March 29, 2021, 12:01:17 PM
Haven't used any trades so far got all the rookies except McDonald and can live without him but do have Duggan stinking it up who unless gets a monster score will start losing $$$ and Dow so I'm thinking cash generation Duggan to Howard or maybe Cumming both to make some nice cash and Dow to sexy Texy ? team going good ranked 608 but don't trust Duggan in current role and thinking Dow could be dropped after a couple of losses but won't see till 5 games have been played which rules out these trades any ideas ?

If you can use Dow to get 100k I'd look at getting Duggan up to Short/Ridley.

Dow to Berry??

shaker

Quote from: Bully on March 29, 2021, 12:15:06 PM
Quote from: shaker on March 29, 2021, 12:01:17 PM

If you can use Dow to get 100k I'd look at getting Duggan up to Short/Ridley.

Dow to Berry??
Already got him that's the problem have all the good cheap rookies only McDonald to expensive Bruhn potato and Fullarton potato I don't have and a couple of others that I don't want to waste a trade on.

Brikett

Caldwell and Jones leaving the side.

Looking at getting 2 of: Warner, Jordon, Impey. Leaning towards Jordon and Warner at this stage for cash gen. Tex also an option but would prefer not to.

Bully

Quote from: Brikett on March 29, 2021, 03:28:17 PM
Caldwell and Jones leaving the side.

Looking at getting 2 of: Warner, Jordon, Impey. Leaning towards Jordon and Warner at this stage for cash gen. Tex also an option but would prefer not to.

Solid trades

Wanderer

So far the one trade I did last round has been good, Danger to Brayshaw (a bit of a POD and have cash to spare).

The only rookie I missed out on was Jordon, so might do Dow or Fullarton to Jordon.

The other one I am thinking of bringing in is Tex (using some of the cash from the Danger trade).

I am keeping Neale. He will come good eventually and want to hold onto trades as much as I can and playing for leagues.

bkimm32

Settled on my trades pending team announcements:

Tyson > Tex
Fullarton > Flynn

Holding Heppell (Essendon BF board seem to think he will be back) and Neale for now. Neale will almost become a unique after this round (well not unique, but he’s going to drop up to 50% of ownership probably), while he will leak some cash hopefully he comes out and bangs on a 150+

Sucks I miss out on Jordon, I should have traded in Flynn last week, but oh well, I think the scoring potential of Walker and Flynn outweigh Jordon.

jvalles69

I'm pretty happy with my team, but think I will still use both trades.

Phillips to Tex and Scott to Jordon the only rookie I feel I missed out on.  Will pass on Rowe as the only other decent rookie I missed.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Wanderer on March 29, 2021, 03:54:09 PM
I am keeping Neale. He will come good eventually and want to hold onto trades as much as I can and playing for leagues.

If you're only playing for leagues, I would ditch Neale. I'm playing mostly for league, but still keen on trying to PB overall, and I'm going to drop him.

Neale > Jordon and Fullarton > Walker for me. Will miss out on Warner but I've got all the other rookies I think are worth going for at this stage.

Neale to Jordon is a risk I know, Neale will come right and will almost certainly make it back into my team, but Neale could very realistically drop to ~600k in the next 3 rounds, and Jordon could climb to 300k, at that point you're banking 300k if you swap now and back again later. Yeah trades are golden but that 300k could be a double upgrade of Tex/Impey/Ziebell - 4 trades for 3 keepers is worth it IMO.

upthemaidens

Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 29, 2021, 05:06:10 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on March 29, 2021, 03:54:09 PM

If you're only playing for leagues, I would ditch Neale. I'm playing mostly for league, but still keen on trying to PB overall, and I'm going to drop him.

Neale > Jordon and Fullarton > Walker for me. Will miss out on Warner but I've got all the other rookies I think are worth going for at this stage.

Neale to Jordon is a risk I know, Neale will come right and will almost certainly make it back into my team, but Neale could very realistically drop to ~600k in the next 3 rounds, and Jordon could climb to 300k, at that point you're banking 300k if you swap now and back again later. Yeah trades are golden but that 300k could be a double upgrade of Tex/Impey/Ziebell - 4 trades for 3 keepers is worth it IMO.
The opposite to that.   If you are going for league, better to keep early trades for long term injuries only.

Colliwobblers

Tossing up between these three to trade out for Walker.

Cripps - 90 avg - 137 BE - drop $20,700
Taranto - 84 avg - 92 BE - drop $3,500
Philllips - 67 avg - 90 BE - drop $10,100

I already Got Matts answer :)