Round 3 trades

Started by crowls, March 26, 2021, 12:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 03, 2021, 02:01:36 AM
At 408k that pretty much tells you it has to be a no. At that price in the forward line he has to be a keeper

I don't think he hits 400k. Where are these numbers coming from?

Mat0369

If Tooserious is wrong (which wouldn't surprise me) and MontyJnr is right he is sitting at about 400k.

I'm just looking at the forward line and the available options, Tex may actually be a keeper.

Dunkley and Dusty are the two must haves. Both will average over 100 comfortably. Danger will be in that basket come the end of the season. I think Zorko sits the bracket under but is a top 6 option. Hawkins had an awful round 1 and a nice bounce back game so he will be up there.

The other two that would have been popular in the preseason are Marshall and Sidebottom. Marshall has the hotspot in his foot and may be slow to get going. Sidebottom appears to be playing more forward and it's hurting his scoring.

JZ is playing like a keeper, Heeney appears to have bounced back but the Swans won both games and he has kicked 3 goals in each of them. Butters has been the touted break out guy.

A couple of injury prone guys that are generally up there as well are Walters and Toby Greene.

So that's 13 guys including Walker

Tier 1 (proven elite)

Dunks
Dusty
Danger

Tier 2 (second tier elite)

Zorko
Hawkins

Tier 3 (bounceback/breakout)

Butters
Heeney
JZ
Tex

Tier 4 (injured/role change)

Sidebottom
Marshall
Walters
Greene

Assuming most coaches get all three of the tier one guys at some point, have 1 from tier two and 2 from tier three you're probably not going to be behind the 8ball with him as your F5/F6

Bully

Under these new rules the KP guys come back into the spotlight, heaps more 1 on 1 contests, more tired legs. Tex is covering a lot of turf and his team are looking for him. His price is also going up, hard one to pass on if Taranto stuffs up.

I'm not knocking myself over the head with overlooking him, thought the backline was a dead set priority & still is, patching that up comes first. But as far as finding a cheap keeper he may be handy, even if he spanks North & then stops you walk away with 100k.

RaisyDaisy

The Texan! Glad I got on

Just to settle it, he was projected to score 98 which would have resulted in a $93.9k price increase taking him to $392.1k

He scored 130, so he's gonna be well and truly over 400k - the ship has sailed, you had to get him this week

408k with a -33 BE according to Brice Mitchell

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 03, 2021, 04:14:21 AM
The Texan! Glad I got on

Just to settle it, he was projected to score 98 which would have resulted in a $93.9k price increase taking him to $392.1k

He scored 130, so he's gonna be well and truly over 400k - the ship has sailed, you had to get him this week

Still a maybe with North coming up, all depends on Taranto.

shaker

Quote from: Bully on April 03, 2021, 02:19:26 AM
At 408k that pretty much tells you it has to be a no. At that price in the forward line he has to be a keeper

He made 93K if he hit a score of 98 and I always calculate it at $440 a point and that puts him at $407K + seems right to me.

EA100

In a situation now with Highmore dropped, Sharp not playing and Kosi an unknown for selection and plays on Monday...

DEF: Lloyd, Laird, Daniel, Stewart, Clark, Koschitzke (Highmore, Sharp)

I have 207k and I've only used the 1 trade so far. I could always just wait to see if Kosi gets named and if not get Jiath. If he does, I could leave him but then that leaves me with 3 fringe players and Clark. Idk whether to play it safe and use my cash now to get rid of Highmore or Kosi and get someone like Jiath, Cumming or Young who are going to make money..

Ringo

Hate these 24hr notice of teams as we will not know about Kosi till tomorrow probably not before the Catlton Freo match so probably no opportunity to change.

I have not traded as yet this week and probably will not and risk a donut should Kosi be out.On the bright side got the unexpected VC loophole with Highmore.

Cox could be an option for you EA should you wish at $175k.

Bully

Quote from: shaker on April 03, 2021, 09:23:40 AM
Quote from: Bully on April 03, 2021, 02:19:26 AM

He made 93K if he hit a score of 98 and I always calculate it at $440 a point and that puts him at $407K + seems right to me.

Right, Too Serious has to be ditched because that's 30k out of whack & has played a part in my decision making. My own fault but l may have to look at SC Gold because I can't have figures so wildly distorted when weighing things up.

Back on Tex, he's now the top forward & is 408k & still has a negative BE. What do people think he will average from here? Or at least the next 3 games?

Quote from: Ringo on April 03, 2021, 11:58:13 AM
Hate these 24hr notice of teams as we will not know about Kosi till tomorrow probably not before the Catlton Freo match so probably no opportunity to change.

I have not traded as yet this week and probably will not and risk a donut should Kosi be out.On the bright side got the unexpected VC loophole with Highmore.

Cox could be an option for you EA should you wish at $175k.

The rolling lockout, the late team announcements, the medical sub..........................It's all becoming lucky dip & I can see endless frustration this year.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Samsturmfels on April 02, 2021, 08:55:26 PM
Thanks everyone. I went Bergman to Tex. Bergman may find it hard to get regular games with Jones and Bonner to still make their way into the side. At least Jones is playing. I think Kosi should play and if not ill just cop a donut. I can move clark back next week at D6 if needed.
Glad i went with those trades. Tex achieved above expectations and Jones finally scored a goal and did alright because the dons won. I am on track for 2300 if Kosi plays.

tommy10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 03, 2021, 04:14:21 AM
The Texan! Glad I got on

Glad I got on too mate. Looking like a keeper at this rate.

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on April 04, 2021, 12:28:16 AM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on April 02, 2021, 08:55:26 PM
Thanks everyone. I went Bergman to Tex. Bergman may find it hard to get regular games with Jones and Bonner to still make their way into the side. At least Jones is playing. I think Kosi should play and if not ill just cop a donut. I can move clark back next week at D6 if needed.
Glad i went with those trades. Tex achieved above expectations and Jones finally scored a goal and did alright because the dons won. I am on track for 2300 if Kosi plays.

Well done mate, you nailed it this week.