Round 3 trades

Started by crowls, March 26, 2021, 12:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyDEZ

Quote from: shaker on March 26, 2021, 01:54:32 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 26, 2021, 01:43:53 PM
Williams still a solid pick, won't lose money & should average enough to tie down D6. Probably 90-95 for the year.
If you haven't started him there are much safer picks than him lets see how he is doing by the time it's upgrade time.
Yep. Lloyd, Laird, Mills, Doc, Stewart, Short, May, Crisp...the list goes on. I had a bad start but dodged the Danger & Rowell so I thought I would take a chance & hope Zac busted out a 110+. Didn't work out. D6 keeper it is if he stays on the park.

Ingram

Would love to jump on Moore but there's no way I can free up the cash. Unless Caldwell really stinks it up...

Mat0369

Quote from: Carn on March 26, 2021, 09:23:21 AM
Didn't get a chance to watch Z.Williams last night. 78 feels low. What happened? Could be a correction trade.

It was his DE/FA's. He went 46.7% by foot (50% overall), had 8 turnovers and 7 clangers. It's weird because he had a couple of elite deliveries inside 50 early in the game but I feel he tried to bite off more than he can chew sometimes because he is such a good kick. I feel he is in for a big one against Freo.

Quote from: Ringo on March 26, 2021, 11:36:33 AM
What does this mean for Dow? Like many sucked in with the he is playing on the ball.

Paddy Dow spent 35 mins and 31 secs on the bench last night - 2nd most of any Carlton player behind Jack Martin.

Based on Carltons first 2 games Dow to Jordan and Cripps to Walsh.  Walsh seems to overtaken Cripps from what I am seeing.

He honestly didn't look too bad but you nailed it on the head with his 35.5 minutes on the bench.

He had a contested possession rate of 46.2% which is higher than what Bont, Dunkey and Oliver had in their last games. So it's a pretty decent number but it might also be a case that he doesn't know how to win the easy ball to help boost those possession numbers. When there is a mark or general play has been held up he doesn't run offensively for the ball. If the ball is on the back flank near the boundary he will run to the space on the 50 instead of leading up into the space to provide an option. The ball will get kicked long and down the line away from him and he is out of it from that point. So he is effectively running into their zone to just clog up space.

He had 6 score involvements which puts him behind Murphy (8), McKay (7), Fisher (7) and Gibbons (7). It leaves him tied with Walsh and Newnes which is pretty good.

1 turnover and 0 clangers is an improvement on last week. 11 of his 13 disposals were effective but 2 of his 6 kicks weren't. 10 pressure acts for the game and only two tackles aren't ideal.

I think a lot of it is boiling down to he isn't around the contest enough since he isn't a run and spread player. Weather it's him being on the bench or running himself out of position to create an impact when it's not a stoppage situation.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 26, 2021, 03:34:20 PM
Didn't get a chance to watch Z.Williams last night. 78 feels low. What happened? Could be a correction trade.

It was his DE/FA's. He went 46.7% by foot (50% overall), had 8 turnovers and 7 clangers. It's weird because he had a couple of elite deliveries inside 50 early in the game but I feel he tried to bite off more than he can chew sometimes because he is such a good kick. I feel he is in for a big one against Freo.

What does this mean for Dow? Like many sucked in with the he is playing on the ball.

Paddy Dow spent 35 mins and 31 secs on the bench last night - 2nd most of any Carlton player behind Jack Martin.

Based on Carltons first 2 games Dow to Jordan and Cripps to Walsh.  Walsh seems to overtaken Cripps from what I am seeing.

He honestly didn't look too bad but you nailed it on the head with his 35.5 minutes on the bench.

He had a contested possession rate of 46.2% which is higher than what Bont, Dunkey and Oliver had in their last games. So it's a pretty decent number but it might also be a case that he doesn't know how to win the easy ball to help boost those possession numbers. When there is a mark or general play has been held up he doesn't run offensively for the ball. If the ball is on the back flank near the boundary he will run to the space on the 50 instead of leading up into the space to provide an option. The ball will get kicked long and down the line away from him and he is out of it from that point. So he is effectively running into their zone to just clog up space.

He had 6 score involvements which puts him behind Murphy (8), McKay (7), Fisher (7) and Gibbons (7). It leaves him tied with Walsh and Newnes which is pretty good.

1 turnover and 0 clangers is an improvement on last week. 11 of his 13 disposals were effective but 2 of his 6 kicks weren't. 10 pressure acts for the game and only two tackles aren't ideal.

I think a lot of it is boiling down to he isn't around the contest enough since he isn't a run and spread player. Weather it's him being on the bench or running himself out of position to create an impact when it's not a stoppage situation.

To be fair he's on par with most of the 200k guys so not the worst pick. I'd still downgrade him to Jordon if he backs it up, that extra cash could prove to be very handy.

Mat0369

Yeah I think I need someone to probably really stand out this weekend to make the move. If all the rookies I don't have are trash I'm probably holding.

Cripps is worrying me more

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

Still holding Danger. But if I trade, at this stage, Cripps to Jordan if he goes well again, then Briggs to D Moore. But a big chance no trade again. Really have a strong gut feeling that trades will be worth their weight in gold not too long after the byes and that early sacrifice might bring a very healthy late reward. BUT it's not my advanced age that hinders me in remembering my last correct decision. According to my Mrs it was when I said I do, I just can't remember what it was I said I did ! Or was it do? Starting to wonder, does old age memory Forget or Protect

::)

tommy10

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 26, 2021, 03:34:20 PM

Watched him closely last night (I'm not a Blues fan btw) but he doesn't seem to be hungry enough to the contest, throw his body, etc. Too many times he's relying on Walsh/Williams/Cripps etc to get the ball rather than willing himself to get the ball. He seems to be using it well enough once he gets it, which seems to be an improvement, but it seems like he's waiting for someone to make something happen, rather he try to create something.

Thinking of Dow to Jordon and Cripps to Titch/Boak/Dusty might be the go.

Fid

I am thinking of Cripps to Mills via Clark, if Mills puts in another good game.

Ringo

If Jordan scores well this round Dow to Jordan and then Cripps ro Walsh/Dunkley

RaisyDaisy

Joe D to literally anyone else

Mat0369

Add Daniher to the bin next week

bkimm32

Have to trade Neale at this point. Have to.

Gavdroid

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 26, 2021, 09:48:45 PM
Add Daniher to the bin next week

Daniher, Sharp and Fullerton all vying for a spot in the bin

Colliwobblers

I'm gonna hold on daniher , don't have neale but he'll bounce back too.

got to remember geelong are the most suspended biggest dog act teem in recent history decade or so. add to their genetic dog nature their coach.... they've not team tagged neale they've dog acted him and his team mates haven't stood up, here's hoping they do in the second half.  add in covid drama and geelong home game and last weeks slow start.

lions will bounce back neale will, team will, that will supply daniher.

dow and cripps that's a different story both probably have to go.

me - henry and cripps in the gun.

Colliwobblers

DANIHER  ;D hold those trades !!!! carn the lions