Round 3 trades

Started by crowls, March 26, 2021, 12:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Was hoping to avoid correction trades but watching carlton tonight has Cripps at the front of the queue for me.    Possibly into titch, brayshaw, ldu or dunkley.   Will sleep on it and see what the rest of the round brings.   

Jordon > any rookie that is dropped next week. 

Bully

Cripps doesn't look right but he's not been terrible, anything 80+ is ok because you know he's got a monster game in him. Another high standard deviation player who will probably finish 105-110. Not what I was hoping for but not the end of the world.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 26, 2021, 01:05:09 AM
Cripps doesn't look right but he's not been terrible, anything 80+ is ok because you know he's got a monster game in him. Another high standard deviation player who will probably finish 105-110. Not what I was hoping for but not the end of the world.

He spent basically the entire 3rd quarter forward which was rough. His contested marking around the ground is down and he is getting more uncontested handball. It's a bit of a perfect storm right now.

Another odd observation, he changed his boots at quarter time and half time. Last week he changed them at half time. The reason it's so noticeable is because he is going from organge to green. It may be unrelated and coincidental or it could be a mental thing and he is struggling to settle in games.

Personally I'm probably looking at Dow and my other crap rookie out to whichever standout rookie I'm missing. Dow actually didn't look bad again tonight but struggled to get into rhythm after a good first quarter. I feel our rotations are all over the shop and Teague has no idea how to use our available mids. Guys are getting stuck on the bench or the same position for way too long. Walsh has had his best quarter back to back weeks in the third when Cripps has been forward

Ingram

I feel like if I trade Dow out he'll go huge and kickstart that cash flow. Surely Carlton turn things around and no doubt that's when Dow will push up in output. He has a 9 day break playing Freo at Marvel next.

I also have Daniher and I'm leaning towards him being first out. Not sure Joe will do much against Geelong at home.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ingram on March 26, 2021, 03:14:48 AM
I feel like if I trade Dow out he'll go huge and kickstart that cash flow. Surely Carlton turn things around and no doubt that's when Dow will push up in output. He has a 9 day break playing Freo at Marvel next.

I also have Daniher and I'm leaning towards him being first out. Not sure Joe will do much against Geelong at home.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked. He has had quarters where he has killed it so far. Then he will have a 5 point quarter and kill his game.

Carn

Didn't get a chance to watch Z.Williams last night. 78 feels low. What happened? Could be a correction trade.

shaker

Quote from: Carn on March 26, 2021, 09:23:21 AM
Didn't get a chance to watch Z.Williams last night. 78 feels low. What happened? Could be a correction trade.
That's just Williams pumps out some crap scores in between some good ones also injury prone he was clutching at his arm late in the game I got him last year after an injury and he was rubbish hence his cheaper starting price.

Ringo

What does this mean for Dow? Like many sucked in with the he is playing on the ball.

Paddy Dow spent 35 mins and 31 secs on the bench last night - 2nd most of any Carlton player behind Jack Martin.

Based on Carltons first 2 games Dow to Jordan and Cripps to Walsh.  Walsh seems to overtaken Cripps from what I am seeing.

SilverLion

Quote from: Ringo on March 26, 2021, 11:36:33 AM
What does this mean for Dow? Like many sucked in with the he is playing on the ball.

Paddy Dow spent 35 mins and 31 secs on the bench last night - 2nd most of any Carlton player behind Jack Martin.

Based on Carltons first 2 games Dow to Jordan and Cripps to Walsh.  Walsh seems to overtaken Cripps from what I am seeing.
If I had Dow, I'd be trading him. He's just a dud. One 80+ score in his career.

Bully

Quote from: SilverLion on March 26, 2021, 11:55:09 AM
Quote from: Ringo on March 26, 2021, 11:36:33 AM

If I had Dow, I'd be trading him. He's just a dud. One 80+ score in his career.

If I had Dow (which I don't) I'd certainly think about Dow-Jordan, Cripps-Titch.................I may even do that with Campbell depending on how he goes.

IntegralX

Dow > Jordon on the cards for me pending how other rookies go. I’ve got all the rest that I needed to get I think. Hopefully no more injuries/suspensions.

HappyDEZ

Lucky You. I stupidly traded him in as a luxury POD. It was one of the most frustrating, gut wrenching & at many times comical displays I have ever witnessed in 6 or 7 years of fantasy coaching. Williams running past & gets the handball receive & slips over. Can he spit out a cheap handball maybe, nope! Williams gets a shot on goal annnnnnd...out on the full. Williams with a great centre clearance & gets it back on his way through at the 40m for a shot on goal. Mowed down from behind HTB lol. One of 5 FAs for the night. Then, to top it off, he is down clutching his elbow, which made perfect sense at the time. Also yapping at the umps for HTB or in the back all the time & pointing at other players where they should be all the time, which I hate. All this in his first game for the club mind you. How about you run into some space & ask for the ball yourself you twat!!! On a positive note he did get the role I was hoping for (plenty of CBAs). Time spent not on ball or bench was all spent in the F50. Anyway, that about sums it up.

Wanderer

Quote from: HappyDEZ on March 26, 2021, 01:23:50 PM
Lucky You. I stupidly traded him in as a luxury POD. It was one of the most frustrating, gut wrenching & at many times comical displays I have ever witnessed in 6 or 7 years of fantasy coaching. Williams running past & gets the handball receive & slips over. Can he spit out a cheap handball maybe, nope! Williams gets a shot on goal annnnnnd...out on the full. Williams with a great centre clearance & gets it back on his way through at the 40m for a shot on goal. Mowed down from behind HTB lol. One of 5 FAs for the night. Then, to top it off, he is down clutching his elbow, which made perfect sense at the time. Also yapping at the umps for HTB or in the back all the time & pointing at other players where they should be all the time, which I hate. All this in his first game for the club mind you. How about you run into some space & ask for the ball yourself you twat!!! On a positive note he did get the role I was hoping for (plenty of CBAs). Time spent not on ball or bench was all spent in the F50. Anyway, that about sums it up.
He is trying to take the game on too much in the packs, but is not good enough or fast enough with his decision making or disposals. I think he has more of a chance getting injured in the packs than if he plays more of an outside role.

Bully

Williams still a solid pick, won't lose money & should average enough to tie down D6. Probably 90-95 for the year.

shaker

Quote from: Bully on March 26, 2021, 01:43:53 PM
Williams still a solid pick, won't lose money & should average enough to tie down D6. Probably 90-95 for the year.
If you haven't started him there are much safer picks than him lets see how he is doing by the time it's upgrade time.