WXV Round 2: So... Premiership Contenders? Anyone?

Started by Purple 77, March 22, 2021, 10:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Thursday night PARTIAL LOCKOUT at 7.20pm AEDST

Friday night FULL LOCKOUT at 7.50pm AEDST

FEATURES TO GET USED TO:
- AFL teams will now be released at 6:25pm of the night before for the following day’s games
- As such, 8 emergencies will be permitted.
- You don't have to name 8 emergencies. However, if you don't (courtesy of a new rule voted on last year):
    - I won't be finding replacements for you :D and you won't be eligible for the 'late inclusion' luxury (where players outside of your named squad come in at 25% of their score). I can't wait until someone learns the hard way!
    - If you do name a full squad of 23 however, and make a mistake in your submission, I will continue to correct these using your list preferences as a guide.
- You are now permitted to indicate whether you'll flood/attack both before and AFTER the partial lockout.
- However, you must still indicate who you will be resting BEFORE the partial lockout.

Round 2, AFL Round X

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                                                 Head-to-Head
Buenos Aires ArmadillosPacific IslandersEstadio de River, AAP Alliance5  v  4
Beijing PandasNew Delhi TigersBeijing Olympic Park, EurAsia, Asia, Billions Cup3  v  7
Berlin BrewersDublin DestroyersBerlin Olympic Stadium, EurAsia, Europe2  v  8
Cape Town CobrasLondon RoyalsNewlands Cricket Ground6  v  3
Toronto WolvesSeoul MagpiesRogers Centre6  v  4
New York RevolutionCairo SandsMetLife Stadium, AAP Alliance3  v  6
Christchurch SaintsPNL ReindeersAMI Stadium3  v  4
Mexico City SunsTokyo SamuraiFireball Stadium8  v  1
Moscow SpetsnazRio de Janeiro JaguarsLuzhniki Stadium3  v  3

Very disappointing showing last week by the Dillos; I'm fully expecting a response. Same could be said for Pacific, but I'll back them to come out better. Pacific for me.

Beijing was down last week, but still got the win against good competition. Grundy & Neale well and truly still the teams barometer. The Tigers would have beat the Thunder last week and walked out as one of the few teams to impress. Danger game for Beijing, but I'll back them in for another 100 points on top of last week.

Going to be a long year for my crew me thinks, but an upset win against Dublin would change my outlook. Dublin was the best team of Round 1 on the scoreboard, and would have to be the favourite to win this match. Dublin to win.

Cape Town let a golden opportunity slip to beat the reigning premiers last week, and will just have to try again in 18-20 weeks time. London would have beaten the Cobras last week in a very positive performance which has their sights set on finals footy once again. I'll back to Cobras to win this one, though.

It is the powerhouse from 2018-2019 against the powerhouse of 2020, and my MATCH OF THE ROUND! Toronto were one of the 3 teams to crack 140+ last week in what looms as a sign for a return to 2018-2019 form. Meanwhile, Seoul produced a scrappy performance, and still managed 1376. But, with no Rowell or Dangerfield this week, they certainly have a task ahead of themselves. I think it's one they overcome.

New York would be quite pleased with the win against Buenos Aires last week, and the showings of its newest recruits (none more so than Andy McGrath). For Cairo, it was a pretty concerning performance, but at least Matt Flynn emerged! This game could be pretty close actually... HGA to be telling. NY for me.

Christchurch had more positives than the 1068 scoreline suggests. It's young guns - Rowbottom & Parfitt - fired, bargain based recruit Tom McDonald put in a promising display, and the is plenty of natural improvement to come. I fully expect them to win games this year. PNL were last weeks most unfortunate team, scoring the second highest score and losing. Still, that firepower you'd think will account for most teams, and Christchurch is no exception. PNL for me.

The Suns notched a good win away from home and will seek to capitalise on that momentum against another unknown quantity in Tokyo. The Samurai put Christchurch to the sword last week (heh), but looking at the scorecard suggests there is another gear or two they can go up. I like this team. Tokyo for me.

Moscow let a Gulden opportunity slip last week (heh) against New Delhi, where a shuffle in its team selection would have netted them the W. Although Rio had plenty of contributors last week, not cracking 130 with those is concerning. I think Moscow has the bigger ceiling in this one.

kilbluff1985

New Delhi Tigers

D: Jake Lloyd (C), Jordan Dawson, Tom Barrass, Harry Morrison
M: Angus Brayshaw, Ed Langdon, Jack Sinclair, Laitham Vandermeer
R: Oscar McInerney (VC)
F:Jack Martin, Zak Butters (EVC), Sam Switkowski, Sam Wicks
UTIL: Noah Anderson, Will Snelling

Emerg: Josh J Kennedy, Alex Sexton,  Brayden Sier, Mitchell Hinge, Archie Smith

upthemaidens

Pacific Islanders   

DEF: Rory Laird, Liam Duggan, Bailey Williams, Aliir Aliir (RB)
MID: Tom Mitchell (CC), Marcus Bontempelli (CC), Andrew Gaff, Jarryd Lyons
RCK: Jarrod Witts 
FWD: Zac Bailey, Peter Wright, Matt Taberner, Harrison Himmelberg
UTL: Harry Perryman (M), Devon Smith (M) 

EMG: Charlie Constable(M), Jack Ross(M), Tom McCartin(F), Andrew McPherson(D), Adam Tomlinson(D/M), Josh Jenkins(R/F), Lloyd Meek(R), Sam Day(F)

Resting: Tex Walker

Pkbaldy

Mexico City Suns - Pkbaldy
Flooding

D: Jacob Weitering, Hayden Young, Jordan Clark (DEF), Tom Cole, Sam Petrevski-Seton,

M: Christian Petracca (C), Lachie Hunter, Sam Walsh, David Mundy,

R: Nic Naitanui (VC)

F:  Shai Bolton (FWD), Aaron Naughton, Nick Larkey,

U: Luke Davies-Uniacke,  Jack Graham,

E: James Aish, Bradley Hill, Bailey J Williams (FWD),  Archie Perkins (MID), Noah Balta, Jarrod Brander (MID), Trey Ruscoe, Oliver Henry

DazBurg

Parisian Nice Lyon Reindeers

D: Luke Ryan (VC), Hunter Clark, Darcy Moore, Jackson Nelson
M: Zach Merrett (C), Jack Billings, Bailey Smith, Trent Cotchin
R: Marc Pittonet
F: Steele Sidebottom, Robbie Gray, Oscar Allen, Jack Lonie,
U: Tom Hickey, Ben Keays
E: Charlie Ballard, Paul Seedsman, Dougal Howard, MitchWallis, Nathan Jones,, Ben King, Nik Cox, Jayden Laverde

Holz

Backs: Christian Salem, Shannon Hurn, Dane Rampe, Jeremy Howe
Mids: Dyson Heppell, Rory Sloane, Dylan Shiel, Josh P Kennedy
Ruck: Todd Goldstein (CC)
Fwds: Dustin Martin (CC) , Toby Greene, Jack Riewoldt, AMT
Interchange: Marc Murphy, Matt Crouch

EMG: Mark O'Connor (D), Grant Birchall (D), Lachlan Schultz (F), Ben McKay (D), Ned McHenry (F), Jack Mahony, Jacob Koschitzke (D), Tom Campbell (R/F)

iZander

Short, Coffield, Ash, Scrimshaw
Wines (CC), Brayshaw (CC), Cerra, Serong
ROB
De Goey, Hunt, Campbell, Wingard
Berry, Parish

Green, Highmore, Webster, Francis, Macrae, Hayward, Brockman, Scrachan

Rest lippa

RaisyDaisy

New York Revolution

FLOOD

D: Mark Blicavs, Tom Doedee, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Blake Hardwick, Sam Taylor
M: Jed Anderson, Cam Guthrie (CC), Andrew McGrath (CC), Jy Simpkin
R: Rhys Stanley
F: Kyle Langford, Jamie Cripps, Izak Rankine
I: Jade Gresham, Trent Dumont

E: Tom Powell, Will Phillips, Dom Tyson, Luke Dunstan, Brandon Starcevich, Elliott Himmelberg, Jamaine Jones, Lewis Melican

Koop

Christchurch Saints

D: Isaac Quaynor, Callum Wilkie, Callum Ah Chee, Mason Redman
M: James Rowbottom (c), Brandan Parfitt (vc), George Hewett, Josh Daicos
R: Sean Darcy
F: Tom McDonald, Sam B. Reid, Harry Schoenberg, Jamie Elliott
U: Xavier Duursma, Paddy Dow

E: Tyler Brown (MID), David Astbury (DEF), Harry McKay (FWD), Tom Clurey (DEF), Jack Henry (DEF), Josh Thomas (FWD)

IN: Harry Schoenberg, Sean Darcy
OUT: David Astbury, Tyler Brown (both omit)

fanTCfool

Toronto Wolves

D: Ryan Burton, Lachlan Sholl, Alex Witherden, Damon Greaves
M: Jack Macrae (CC), Travis Boak (CC), Tim Kelly (EVC), Dion Prestia
R: Connor Blakely (OOP)
F: Isaac Heeney, Jack Darling, TT Lynch, Tom Atkins
U: Tom Phillips, Jack Buckley

E: Michael Hibberd, Tom Williamson, Marlion Pickett, Atu Bosenavulagi, Nathan Broad, Taylin Duman, Tobe Watson, Josh Corbett

PowerBug

Rio De Janeiro Jaguars

Def: Brayden Maynard (VC), Daniel Rich, Will Day, Isaac Cumming.
Mid: Nathan Fyfe (C), Tim Taranto, Jack Viney, Karl Amon.
Ruck: Callum Sinclair.
Fwd: Mason Cox, Tarryn Thomas, Gary Rohan, Steven Motlop.
Util: James Jordon (Mid), Changkuoth Jiath (Def).

Emerg: Kamdyn McIntosh (Mid), Hamish Hartlett (Def), Todd Marshall (Fwd), Reece Conca (Def), Matt de Boer (Mid), Eric Hipwood (Fwd), Andrew Phillips (Ruck), Harry Sharp (Def/Mid).

In: Jack Viney, Callum Sinclair, Mason Cox, James Jordon.
Out: Reece Conca, Joel Hamling, Eric Hipwood, Kamdyn McIntosh, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (Rested).
New: Mason Cox, James Jordon.

Urbaninfinnity

Beijing Pandas

D: Caleb Daniel, Dan Houston, Jake Lever, Wil Powell
M: Lachie Neale (VC), Tom Rockliff, David Swallow, Dayne Zorko
R: Brodie Grundy (C)
F: Brody Mihocek, Luke Breust, Kane Lambert, Dan Butler
U: Brandon Ellis (M), Taylor Duryea (D/F)

Emergencies: Blake Acres (M), Lachie Henderson (D), Brayden Ham (M), Ned Cahill (F), Kane Farrell (F), Neville Jetta (D), Kyron Hayden (D), Chayce Jones (M)

IN: Taylor Dureya
OUT: Blake Acres (lmao)

GoLions

Kate

Callum Mills (C), Jack Bowes, Daniel Andrews, Trent Rivers
Jaeger O'Meara, Liam Shiels, Shaun Higgoat, Sam Menegoat
Toby Nankervis
Jaidyn Stephenson (VC), Tom Papsmear, Ben Ainsworth, Gryan Miers
Josh Battle, James Cousins

Tanner Bruhn, Ely Smith, Chadley Warner, Shane McAdam, Will Hamill, Shaun Burgoyne, Jake Carlisle, Mabior Chol

Jukes

D: S. Docherty, J. Johannisen, S. Atley, H. Chapman
M: E. Gulden, S. Coniglio, S. Pendlebury (cc), L. Parker (cc)
R: S. Draper
F: T. Hawkins, J. Ziebell, D. Moore, N. Blakey
U: A. Treloar, J. Kelly

Emg: T. Jonas, S. Berry, J. Aarts, L. Jones, C. Brown, M. King, M. Bergman, T. Fullarton

Rested: J. Worpel

JBs-Hawks

Seoul

Def: Jack Crisp, Nick Haynes, Sam Collins, Ben McEvoy

Mid: Jack Steele (CC), Clayton Oliver (CC), Will Setterfield, Ed Curnow

Ruck Jonathon Ceglar

Fwd: Charlie Dixon, Zac Fisher, Lachlan Fogarty, Joe Daniher

Int: Lachie Weller, Bailey Scott

Emg: Zach Tuohy, Josh Rotham, Levi Casboult, Jordan Butts, Luke Jackson, Rhylee west, Jed Bews, Liam Henry