WXV Rising Star & Team of the Week 2021

Started by Purple 77, March 21, 2021, 03:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

upthemaidens

Purple 77

Round 12

Rising Star

And Connor Idun (76) makes it 3 nominations for the Islanders! I wonder if teammate Harry Edwards (83) will get it next week after a promotion to the 1s? Nik Cox (PNL) and Josh Treacy (Dublin) also screaming for a game.

There is a lot of familiar faces in this team, both historically and also in the current AAP v EurAsia game! Although he didn't get it done for this team, no one could do better than Dillo Darcy Parish this week, followed by Rio's Jeremy Cameron. I mean beyond that, the rest of the team speaks for itself really! Kudos for UTM for taking out COTW with a 160+.

Team of the Week

D: Rory Laird (Pacific), Luke Ryan (PNL), Tom Stewart (Cairo), Jack Crisp (Seoul)
M: Darcy Parish [C] (Buenos Aires), Marcus Bontempelli (Pacific), Josh Kelly (Moscow), Ollie Wines (Buenos Aires)
R: Max Gawn (Berlin)
F: Jeremy Cameron [VC] (Rio de Janeiro), Aaron Hall (Mexico City), Tim Membrey (London), Kyle Langford (New York)
U: Brad Crouch (Dublin), Jack Steele (Seoul)

Coach: upthemaidens (Pacific)

upthemaidens

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 05, 2021, 10:03:42 PM
Poulter and Bianco, well done lads.
Add Idun to the list, he's been pretty solid for a depth defender.
  Three rising stars in the last four weeks, don't think they'll be anymore unless injuries strike.

Holz

Wish Treacy did this when i had half my team out. Cant get a game now. But good signs

Kozi Treacy have put up Rising Star weeks bodes well for my fwd line

Purple 77

Round 13

Rising Star

At last, a nomination who was head and shoulders above the rest! Congratulations to Toronto's Justin McInerney (100) for getting the only ton out of 2021s eligible pool this week.

A different looking team this week. PNL go into rare territory with 4 representatives, having noticed Dougal Howards would-be heroics in last weeks rep round and naming him this week. Beijing dynamo Dayne Zorko leads the team from the front, and I swear Bont has been VC several times this year.

And man, jeepers this is tough year for forwards. Only 13 forwards tonned this week, and 4 of the top 7 weren't even named! At least stalwarts Zorko and Franklin represented.

Team of the Week

D: Jacob Weitering (Mexico City), Jack Scrimshaw (Buenos Aires), Daniel Rich (Rio de Janeiro), Dougal Howard (PNL)
M: Marcus Bontempelli [VC] (Pacific), Zach Merrett (PNL), Jack Macrae (Toronto), Ben Keays (PNL)
R: Todd Goldstein (Dublin)
F: Dayne Zorko [C] (Beijing), Lance Franklin (Berlin), Steele Sidebottom (PNL), Aaron Naughton (Mexico City)
U: Brodie Grundy (Beijing), Jack Steele (Seoul)

Coach: Urbaninfinnity (Beijing)

Purple 77

Round 14

Rising Star

It was inevitable, but perhaps surprising it took this long! The Round 14 nomination goes to Seoul's Matt Rowell (83). Come on GL though, you gotta name Rivers if you have him!

A particularly powerful TOTW this one! Whilst I couldn't tell you immediately how it compares to the other TOTWs, you know it's big when Dangerfield doesn't even get VC with a 184! Christchurch Giant Sean Darcy gets the nod this week with a mammoth 193 that led his team to victory over the Cobras, alas the same could not be said for VC Darcy Parish (190) who played a mostly lone hand.

All of the names in this team are quite common, with perhaps exception to PNLs Marcus Adams, but I was surprised to see this is JBs first coach-of-the-week title for 2021! Congrats!

Team of the Week

D: Marcus Adams (PNL), Steven May (Berlin), Rory Laird (Pacific), Luke Ryan (PNL)
M: Darcy Parish [VC] (Buenos Aires), Jack Steele (Seoul), Touk Miller (London), Jack Macrae (Toronto)
R: Sean Darcy [C] (Christchurch)
F: Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul), Charlie Dixon (Seoul), Zac Bailey (Pacific), Jack Ziebell (Moscow)
U: Sam Walsh (Mexico City), Andrew Brayshaw (Buenos Aires)

Coach: JBs-Hawks (Seoul)

Purple 77

(forgot to do Round 15 , so I'll do that first :-X)

Round 15

Rising Star

A lot of worthy scores in the 2s but that counts for f*ck all, congratulations to Cairo's first nomination of coach favourite, Riley Garcia (62)

A huge congratulations to rare coach-of-the-weeker Ringo! It was a launch to remember, headed by TOTWer's Touk Miller and Nick Hind. Mexico City dominated the mids, but new familiar face of Christchurch's Sean Darcy backed up last week's captain performance with ANOTHER captain performance!

Team of the Week

D: Jordan Dawson (New Delhi), Jayden Short (Buenos Aires), Daniel Rich (Rio de Janeiro), Callum Mills (Cape Town)
M: Christian Petracca [VC] (Mexico City), Sam Walsh (Mexico City), Jack Steele (Seoul), Touk Miller (London)
R: Sean Darcy [C] (Christchurch)
F: Jaidyn Stephenson (Cape Town), Nick Hind (London), Rory Lobb (Christchurch), Tom McDonald (Christchurch)
U: Zach Merrett (PNL), Brodie Grundy (Beijing)

Coach: Ringo (London)

Purple 77

Round 16

Rising Star

Round 16 sees our nominee post the biggest nomination-score since Gulden's 136 in Round 2! Congrats to Buenos Aires' Jeremy Sharp (115), who joins a team choc-full of rising star noms over the years.

Very weird looking bookends this week, with the likes of Trent McKenzie, Jake Kelly, Jamie Cripps and Peter Wright featuring! Sean Darcy makes it 3 in a row sitting at R1, whilst Mexico City gun Sam Walsh gets the C.

Team of the Week

D: Trent McKenzie (New Delhi), Ryan Burton (Toronto), Jake Kelly (New York), Jake Lever (Beijing)
M: Sam Walsh [C] (Mexico City), Tom Mitchell [VC] (Pacific), Ollie Wines (Buenos Aires), Jack Steele (Seoul)
R: Sean Darcy (Christchurch)
F: Jamie Cripps (New York), Peter Wright (Pacific), Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul), Jack Riewoldt (Dublin)
U: Clayton Oliver (Seoul), Darcy Parish (Buenos Aires)

Coach: Pkbaldy (Mexico City)

Purple 77

Round 17

Rising Star

And the last Rising Star nomination of 2021 goes to... Toronto Wolf Atu Bosenavulagi (82)! He now forms a small pack of young wolves with McInerney and Sholl, all of whom played a role getting Toronto to the elusive 8th spot.

Captain Rory dons the C this week in a very impressive display for Pacific. The Big O takes residence at R1, Seoul nab 3 representatives (and also the coach), but you know it's a weird round when Zak Jones and Brayden Fiorini push Bont out of the team.

Team of the Week

D: Rory Laird [C] (Pacific), Lachie Whitfield (Tokyo), Caleb Daniel (Beijing), Jack Crisp (Seoul)
M: Josh P Kennedy (Dublin), Jack Macrae (Toronto), Clayton Oliver (Seoul), Bailey Smith (PNL)
R: Oscar McInerney (New Delhi)
F: Patrick Dangerfield [VC] (Seoul),  Tarryn Thomas (Rio de Janeiro), Isaac Heeney (Toronto), Aaron Hall (Mexico City)
U: Zak Jones (Berlin), Brayden Fiorini (New Delhi)

Coach: JBs-Hawks (Seoul)