WXV Rising Star & Team of the Week 2021

Started by Purple 77, March 21, 2021, 03:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: PowerBug on April 28, 2021, 10:23:38 PM
Manager of the week with 0 players in the team of the week :) Has that ever happened before?

quite a few times id say

Purple 77

Manager of the week with 0 players in the team of the week :) Has that ever happened before?

Round 4 :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 30, 2021, 07:40:26 PM

Round 4 :P
Hahahahha I wouldn't have thought it would be so common tbh :P

Purple 77

Round 7

Rising Star

Solely because I traded him out in AF, Buenos Aires young gun Tom Green (111) get an overdue nom, edging out the rested Luke Jackson (104). A lot of eligible players did well this week, with 12 players scoring 74+!

A very exclusive team this one! Only 7 teams in this one, with 4 teams making up the defence and guts!

A very proud Berlin coach here  8) both Zak Jones (wtf) and Steve May lead the team, whilst coach of the week Urbs brought along Grundy, Houli and Ellis. Cairo also had three reps. The forwards are a bit of mix bag.

Urbs very rudely breaks the 1-new-COTW rule.

Team of the Week

D: Steven May [VC] (Berlin), Bachar Houli (Beijing), Alex Keath (Cairo), Harris Andrews (Cape Town)
M: Zak Jones [C] (Berlin), Ben Cunnington (Cape Town), Brandon Ellis (Beijing), Hugh Greenwood (Cairo)
R: Brodie Grundy (Beijing)
F: Jack Darling (Toronto), Shai Bolton (Mexico City), Bailey Dale (Cairo), Charlie Cameron (Tokyo)
U: Tim Taranto (Rio de Janeiro), Joel Selwood (Berlin)

Coach: Urbaninfinnity (Beijing)

Nige

This makes the result even more annoying... those bloody Brewers  >:(

Purple 77

Round 8

Rising Star

Rio's consistently solid scorer (and consistently misspelled by Demonland forums) James Jordon (85) gets a deserved nomination, easily edging out the un-nominated competition.

A unique looking team this week! Carrying on the "unusual captains" theme from Round 7, Mexico City's Weitering earns the honour, with regular TOTWer Bontempelli serving as his deputy. It was the week of the defenders,  forming 6 of the highest 14 scoring players this week (which is quite unusual), and the top scoring ruck (Grundy) was the 16th highest scorer. I'd wager there is a ruck in the top 6 nearly every week!

Other non-regulars include Berlin's James Harmes and Tokyo's Jarman Impey, whilst Round 8 rudely excludes Josh Bruce (139), the Round 3 captain no less!

Team of the Week

D: Jacob Weitering [C] (Mexico City), Callum Mills (Cape Town), Daniel Rich (Rio de Janeiro), James Harmes (Berlin)
M: Marcus Bontempelli [VC] (Pacific), Tom Mitchell (Pacific), Jarryd Lyons (Pacific), Andrew Gaff (Pacific)
F: Tom Hawkins (Moscow), Jeremy Cameron (Rio de Janeiro), Jordan De Goey (Buenos Aires), Jarman Impey (Tokyo)
U: Sam Docherty (Moscow), Zach Merrett (PNL)

Coach: PowerBug (Rio de Janeiro)

Purple 77

And oh man, as has just been pointed out to me, Pacific owns the whole midfield!

I can't recall that EVER happening!

Hellopplz

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 09, 2021, 08:49:55 PM
And oh man, as has just been pointed out to me, Pacific owns the whole midfield!

Insane!  :o :o :o

upthemaidens

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 09, 2021, 08:49:55 PM

and they still cant even crack 150, thats the real shocking thing.

Purple 77

Can't believe we're 8 weeks in and no one has cracked 160 yet

Purple 77

Round 9

Rising Star

An interesting nomination(s) this week! 6 of the top 9 scorers are already nominated, whilst the other 3 weren't named in the 1s (namely the #1 scorer in Toronto's Justin McInerney). But, 2s counts for fark all in this comp, and as such, congrats to Pacific's Caleb Poulter (66) and London's Jack Bytel (66) for contributing where it mattered most... even if they did cancel each other off, given they faced each other... ah well.

It's pretty cool looking at this team! There are 3 reps from Christchurch, 3 reps from London and 3 from New York, none more notable of course than Captain Jy Simpkin. Goldstein serves as VC in an all too familiar R1 post, whilst Jarryd Lyons didn't bring along his mates for the ride this time.

Team of the Week

D: Blake Hardwick (New York), Liam Baker (London), Alex Witherden (Toronto), Mason Redman (Christchurch)
M: Jy Simpkin [C] (New York), Clayton Oliver (Seoul), Ollie Wines (Buenos Aires), Jarryd Lyons (Pacific)
R: Todd Goldstein [VC] (Dublin)
F: Dayne Zorko (Beijing), Tom McDonald (Christchurch), Nick Hind (London), Daniel McStay (London)
U: Sean Darcy (Christchurch), Jacob Hopper (Tokyo)

Coach: Holz (Dublin)

Holz

Goldy Ruck
Holz Captain

The Duo back in business

Purple 77

Round 10

Rising Star

A very impressive pair of games have seen Tokyo's Cody Weightman (98) take home the Round 10 nom, whom was the outright highest scorer of the un-nominated pool.

Big performances this week from the mids sees them dominate this team. None bigger was Captain Clarry whom reached the elusive double-ton for Seoul. Bont continues to do Bont things, Macrae, Grundy and the ever improving Parish feature once again, but one of the biggest headlines belongs to (I think) the smallest man in the team in Cairo's Bailey Dale, making his (I assume) first career TOTW appearance.

Good to see former regulars Moore, Williams, Franklin and Gray in the team too.

Team of the Week

D: Jordan Dawson (New Delhi), Darcy Moore (PNL), Zac Williams (Tokyo), Rory Laird (Pacific)
M: Clayton Oliver [C] (Seoul), Marcus Bontempelli [VC] (Pacific), Darcy Parish (Buenos Aires), Jack Macrae (Toronto)
F: Bailey Dale (Cairo), Lance Franklin (Berlin), Rory Lobb (Christchurch), Robbie Gray (PNL)
U: Tom Liberatore (Tokyo), Paul Seedsman (PNL)

Co-coaches: Daz & Hellopplz (PNL)

Purple 77

Round 11

Rising Star

A late-inclusion provided Trent Bianco (83) the opportunity to impress, and that he did! His first AFL/WXV game would have pleased Pacific very much.

An interesting mix this one, with only Jack Macrae backing up from last week! Captain Nic Nat wound back the clock, the bigs came to play in the forward line, whilst Chris Mayne makes a rare appearance in the mids!

A poor week for the defenders, where Whitfield's 120 got the call up (36th overall). Tokyo would be pretty happy having two of them though!

Team of the Week

D: Jake Lloyd (New Delhi), Jack Lukosius (London), Harry Cunningham (Tokyo), Lachie Whitfield (Tokyo)
M: Jack Steele (Seoul), Touk Miller (London), Jack Macrae (Toronto), Chris Mayne (Cape Town)
R: Nic Naitanui [C] (Mexico City)
F: Dayne Zorko [VC] (Beijing), Jack Riewoldt (Dublin), Charlie Dixon (Seoul), Tim Membrey (London)
U: Reilly O'Brien (Buenos Aires), Mitch Robinson (Cairo)

Coach: Pkbaldy (Mexico City)