enzedder

Quote from: Fid on March 22, 2021, 06:04:20 PM
Quote from: enzedder on March 22, 2021, 05:52:29 PM
Quote from: RoughRed on March 22, 2021, 04:59:47 PM
Quote from: enzedder on March 22, 2021, 04:30:53 PM
Danger to Titch.
Grundy to Walsh.
Wow, big call after 1 game
do you really think Grundy is done. Or is it a ruck thing?
Flynn 140 showed rucks could still go big., Hickey 123, Goldy 109
Combination of things. Have read in different places that there’s been fewer ball ups due to more open footy being played.
Buckley said the Magpies wanted Mason Cox or another ruckman to relieve some of the work load for Brodie Grundy and it would be something they would look to do against the Blues.
This article on AFL website...
"We want Brodie to be supported by a second ruckman, whether it's Mason or Darcy Cameron..
Brodie dropped off a little in 2020 and that may have been a hub thing as speculated and he played poorly inR1 though he has a historical tendency to do that, yet it may also be a sign of more to come.
It is highly likely Gawn and Grundy will drop significantly in price this year given the new rules impacting on the number of ball ups and more free flowing footy. R1 showed few rucks dominated the SC scoring.
Flynn did but he had a stack of possessions (18) and he was against Hunter.
The fact he can find the ball indicates he should still score reasonably and whilst Grundy could very easily turn things around I’m comfortable in the pros v the cons and by getting a mid premo for Grundy and taking a rookie mid off the ground I think it’s worth it.
I don’t lose anything going Grundy to Walsh. Grundy could lose significant coin if his poor scores continue and I will be annoyed if he turns out to be as good as 3-4 others. Also thinking Walsh probably won’t be as cheap as this for a while (if he has the season I think he’s in for) plus I gain 100k from the trade and get Flynn on the ground and one of my 50 point mids off the ground.

It’s risky as Flynn has played one game and Gawn and Grundy could easily be the top 2 rucks again.

Flynn scored well because it was a wet ground and there were heaps of ball ups compared to the Collingwood and Melbourne games.

I will be sticking with the main rucks

I’m going to watch that game now.

Fid

Quote from: enzedder on March 22, 2021, 06:11:43 PM
Danger to Titch.
Grundy to Walsh.
Combination of things. Have read in different places that there’s been fewer ball ups due to more open footy being played.
Buckley said the Magpies wanted Mason Cox or another ruckman to relieve some of the work load for Brodie Grundy and it would be something they would look to do against the Blues.
"We want Brodie to be supported by a second ruckman, whether it's Mason or Darcy Cameron..
Brodie dropped off a little in 2020 and that may have been a hub thing as speculated and he played poorly inR1 though he has a historical tendency to do that, yet it may also be a sign of more to come.
It is highly likely Gawn and Grundy will drop significantly in price this year given the new rules impacting on the number of ball ups and more free flowing footy. R1 showed few rucks dominated the SC scoring.
The fact he can find the ball indicates he should still score reasonably and whilst Grundy could very easily turn things around I’m comfortable in the pros v the cons and by getting a mid premo for Grundy and taking a rookie mid off the ground I think it’s worth it.
I don’t lose anything going Grundy to Walsh. Grundy could lose significant coin if his poor scores continue and I will be annoyed if he turns out to be as good as 3-4 others. Also thinking Walsh probably won’t be as cheap as this for a while (if he has the season I think he’s in for) plus I gain 100k from the trade and get Flynn on the ground and one of my 50 point mids off the ground.

It’s risky as Flynn has played one game and Gawn and Grundy could easily be the top 2 rucks again.

Flynn scored well because it was a wet ground and there were heaps of ball ups compared to the Collingwood and Melbourne games.

I’m going to watch that game now.

also remember he was up against another first gamer

hawkers65

Danger to Titch.
Grundy to Walsh.

Flynn had the most touches out of any ruckmen this week... stiff to say he only scored well because it was wet

Fid

Quote from: hawkers65 on March 22, 2021, 06:13:44 PM
Danger to Titch.
Grundy to Walsh.

Flynn had the most touches out of any ruckmen this week... stiff to say he only scored well because it was wet

I didn't say he ONLY scored well because it was wet

whynot102

Stephenson or Sloane anyone

Bully

Quote from: whynot102 on March 22, 2021, 08:51:39 PM
Stephenson or Sloane anyone

Sloane a good replacement for Rowell.

whynot102

Thinking Danger if rubbed out to Stephenson and Tyson to Sloane, LDU or McGrath thoughts

Mat0369

I don't mind the Sloane pick but I think you want to grab a potential premium. If I can't go up on Rowell I'd be tempted to go down to Zac Williams

whynot102

I don’t have Rowell

Mat0369

Who are you looking at trading then? Danger? There are better options

whynot102

Yes Danger however trying to get rid of Tyson in the mids can trade down to a rookie though

Mat0369

If you're trading a legit prem you would want to bring a legitimate one back in and not a speculative pick. Tyson you can always trade down to a rookie and pocket the cash if he flops next week

Bully

Quote from: whynot102 on March 22, 2021, 09:25:22 PM
Yes Danger however trying to get rid of Tyson in the mids can trade down to a rookie though

Titch/Dusty/Dunkley

Maybe consider grabbing Heppell for Tyson , a player I reckon has been undersold.

whynot102

Thanks Bully
Quote from: Bully on March 22, 2021, 09:31:28 PM
Quote from: whynot102 on March 22, 2021, 09:25:22 PM

Titch/Dusty/Dunkley

Maybe consider grabbing Heppell for Tyson , a player I reckon has been undersold.

enzedder

Danger to Titch.
Grundy to Walsh.

Flynn was huge. No doubt the ball up contests helped but he was great around the ground winning the ball at ground level in general play, second contests and had some contested or intercepted marking behind the play. It’s just one game but it shows he can score big and that’s because he can score in different ways.
Pretty set in going through with my Grundy to Walsh trade at this stage and playing Flynn at R2. He looked good.