RUCKS
GOLDSTEIN, GRUNDY
Meek

FWDS
DUNKLEY, MARTIN, ZIEBELL, DANIHER, BERGMAN, ROWE
Warner, Waterman

$16,200 remaining

IntegralX

Any particular reason you've gone without Lloyd and Gawn? Looks reasonable, but I can't imagine starting this season without Gawn in particular.

BanjoShark

I had them both to start with but couldn't complete my team, so i tried to free up some cash

I went Lloyd to Daniel, and Gawn to Goldy

any other suggestions to get them back in?

Ringo

It is your team but I would look at theses changes downgrade one of Dunkley or Martin to a playing rook eg Bergman,Campbell and upgrade Goldy to Gawn and take your pick of a defender to upgrade to Lloyd.

Cash gain to be made in forwards this year.  Your team though so go with gut on any changes.

BanjoShark

Cheers for the advice Ringo

I do want to start with both of them (Gawn & Lloyd) but was just after advice on how to go about it.

I will have another play around with it

cheers

Ringo

Just another suggestion from left field you could move Dunkley or Martin to Mids and then downgrade Rowell to the playing rook.   You can move them back as you upgrade mids. We are all playing at the moment haha.

have a look at some other teams here and see what may suit you.  Most are running with only a 1 prem forwrad line because of value in the forwards,

Mat0369

Rowell down to a rookie is probably the easiest way to accomplish it. It allows you to upgrade Goldy and Short comfortably. If you're intent on starting Rowell I'd look at maybe Short to Clark and use the cash to at least upgrade Goldy to Gawn. If you're going to start with one of Lloyd or Gawn and you're running Goldy at R2 I'd make the ruck change now. You can only have two rucks on the year, at least down back you can always bring in Lloyd as an upgrade target.

BanjoShark

great advice thanks guys

I have made a couple of changes, with some $ left over..is there any other recommendations or keep the cash in the bank?

went Merret over Fyfe?
Daniel to Lloyd
Dunkley to Campbell
still unsure what to do with Rowell

DEF
LLOYD, LAIRD, STEWART, SHORT, KOSCHITZKE, HIGHMORE
Jones, Briggs

MIDS
NEALE, OLIVER, MACRAE, MERRET, ROWELL, POWELL, DOWNIE, GULDEN
E.Smith, Brockman, A.Scott

RUCKS
GAWN, GRUNDY
Flynn

FWDS
MARTIN, ZIEBELL, DANIHER, CAMPBELL, BERGMAN, ROWE
Warner, Waterman

$107,300 remaining

greco272

Team is great. Just need all your rookies to come up.
Starting Campbell, Bergman, Rowe is risky.
Don't forget that Ziebell and Daniher are injury prone.

Also Kosi and Highmore will play but Briggs looks unlikely after Flynn was named today and Jones will find it hard to break into Ports 22. Have you thought of putting in Bruhn (was announced today that he will play round 1)

BanjoShark

yeah will be monitoring team selections very closely although going to be hard with only 24hrs prior

the forward line is a tricky one, think ill take a risk there and see how it goes

looking at Bruhn now, might slot into midfield for Scott

maybe Briggs & Jones out for Chugg & Gould...all depends on who gets named hey?

thanks for the input

IntegralX

Quote from: BanjoShark on March 15, 2021, 08:19:33 PM
yeah will be monitoring team selections very closely although going to be hard with only 24hrs prior

the forward line is a tricky one, think ill take a risk there and see how it goes

looking at Bruhn now, might slot into midfield for Scott

maybe Briggs & Jones out for Chugg & Gould...all depends on who gets named hey?

thanks for the input

I'd keep Briggs if you're running Flynn at R3. You're guaranteed to get 1 of them every week and Briggs might play R1 anyway.

Chugg and Gould are wasted spots. Nick Murray is the one you want if you're looking for a cheapie. Additionally I'd look at getting Bruhn in, or even spending that money and getting Impey/Dow where Waterman's spot is.

Mat0369

Agreed, I wouldn't go near Chugg or Gould. I think Scott is the most likely cheapie to get a gig.

Kelly is expected to play for the Crows so Nick Murray may not get a shot either if Kelly is good to go.

BanjoShark

thanks guys, fair to say Chugg & Gould are out  ;)

currently going with this pending team announcements

DEF
LLOYD, LAIRD, STEWART, SHORT, KOSCHITZKE, HIGHMORE
Murray, Briggs

MIDS
NEALE, OLIVER, MACRAE, FYFE, ROWELL, POWELL, DOWNIE, GULDEN
E.Smith, Brockman, Bruhn

RUCKS
GAWN, GRUNDY
Flynn

FWDS
MARTIN, ZIEBELL, DANIHER, DOW, CAMPBELL, BERGMAN