Colliwobbers 2021

Started by Colliwobblers, March 09, 2021, 05:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I think a lot of teams are cooked at D6 right now.

Idun while looking good is close to 200k. It's a bit of a risk and you need him to score pretty well to make some bank. I feel Chapman is the better long term play with Logue, Hamling and Pearce all on the side lines. Even if Logue comes in I think Chapman will hold his spot. Hawks, Crows and North are Freos next 3 opponents so there is cash to be made.

One thing I would honestly consider in your situation right now is the following

Kosi>Chapman
Phillips>Lloyd/Ridley using Sharp and Scott.

You burn through your cash but you have downgrade options the following week and it fixes a potential problem line.

Colliwobblers

Ended up making the following two trades r4
    Kozi to Bowes.
    Phillips to Impey.

Happy with both.

Score for the round NOT HAPPY with, but neither of those trades fault.

Round score 2090
    Round rank 17,731
     overall 6553 - only a drop of 250 roughly, so must have been a lot go wrong for a lot of other people.

Failing any team shockers like clark being dropped, ive made these trades for r5

Daniels to Ridley
    Campbell to Waterman.

Hoping to grab a bit more cash out of daniher and clark, and might even give daniher another shot onfield this week.

Rooks to go are piling up which is a worry and why i grabbed impey, much greater profit than 5 of my rooks combined,
    and he could be a keeper just maybe...

Need to generate some cash, next move is Lloyd for Clarke, I'm happy to ride Warner till last trade while he plays.
    Then hopefully get martin in cheap for Daniher.
    Then there is a whole lot of money required for sorting out the midfield. Neale on the radar around rnd 8-10 first.

So this is what goes into round 5 and feeling ok about it.  rookies aside.

Mat0369

That mid bench could be a worry. I like the Bowes pick, he is one I am considering for the backline considering all the kickouts he is taking. Clark to Jones is probably the move next week allowing you to pocket some cash and get a playing rookie in the backline. It allows you to go Daniher to a premium forward the week after (Danger?)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 12, 2021, 05:11:46 PM
That mid bench could be a worry. I like the Bowes pick, he is one I am considering for the backline considering all the kickouts he is taking. Clark to Jones is probably the move next week allowing you to pocket some cash and get a playing rookie in the backline. It allows you to go Daniher to a premium forward the week after (Danger?)

Yeah i took your advice on the trade r4  but wanted impey so couldnt afford the ridler, bowes after a bit of homework got the gig.

Definitely jones next week, i had to miss chapman if i wanted impey and didnt want to double downgrade.

think if clark has a big one i'll flip Bruhn instead, but Jordon is about done and dusted also.

i have a real issue with sideways trading rooks who've made no profit, but that may cost me by the byes....

then yes hoping to get martin cheap think he has a couple of weeks down then he'll be going up again. for daniher

midfield is a worry fullstop. But there is some value to be had in there in weeks to come

Bully

Team looking good, considered Bowes but want to see more, DE not the greatest. Decent price however & worth a punt, particularly if he pumps out another big one.

Mat0369

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 12, 2021, 05:32:52 PM
Yeah i took your advice on the trade r4  but wanted impey so couldnt afford the ridler, bowes after a bit of homework got the gig.

Definitely jones next week, i had to miss chapman if i wanted impey and didnt want to double downgrade.

think if clark has a big one i'll flip Bruhn instead, but Jordon is about done and dusted also.

i have a real issue with sideways trading rooks who've made no profit, but that may cost me by the byes....

then yes hoping to get martin cheap think he has a couple of weeks down then he'll be going up again. for daniher

midfield is a worry fullstop. But there is some value to be had in there in weeks to come

I think a lot of us do. We get caught up in the cash gen but the rookie we bring in will score a 30 and stall their cash gen resulting in minimal gain and a wasted trade. Most people worry they're going to miss the big rookies and will just bring a lot of guys in on the bubble hoping they will make 150k at some point. I made the mistake with Meek and got caught in the hype of maybe making 80k and pocketing 150k when downgrading him to Treacy. Sometimes we just need to hold rather than chase the money/points. Being selective is not a negative thing and can pay off in the long run.

Colliwobblers

Absolute disaster, missing chapman coming back to haunt me.

Ridley in.....

Clark donut....

3 worst rookies onfield....

Looking at double rookie defender trade which is diabolical but essential.

Ridey to bench.

Clark to Jones

another rook to Z Reid i guess just to have a full defense....

Upside that should allow cash for Neale next week, but with bowes reluctance to tackle walker and impey down short down....

Gawn captain and the uber premiums I do have over achieving saved a week that could have been a whole lot worse.

Mat0369

Mansell is the other rookie that has looked okay down back at 102k. Nothing spectacular but with Vlaustin out a while he probably holds that spot. The Sharp DPP is also handy if you wanted to downgrade one of the Sydney rookies to Jones and then upgrade Clark to a premium defender.

Ringo

Just wait on trades to see if Clarke gets named. Will know Friday night so may save you the double downgrade,  If not named as Matt suggested one of Gulden/Warner to Jones/Mansell and then Clarke to best defender you can afford.

Colliwobblers

All things considered bounced back ok...

Looking at forced trade Dunkley to Marshall or Farrar.

And, Gulden or Campbell to Macrae or Guthrie / Walsh / Petracca. 

Or maybe get both Marshall and Farrar.

If he backs it up I am Flynn to Thilthorpe next week for certain, DPP link to Marshall over byes and potentially a solid cow.

Bully

Grab Macrae I think, he's a great captain's option & super consistent.

Bench looks a little sickly, definitely time to clear out the deadwood.

Marshall worth a second look I think but he's on the watchlist for now, don't think you can afford to stuff up the Dunkley trade so grab the most bankable player on offer.

Mat0369

Dunks to any of Marshall/Sidebottom or Zorko is the play this week. If you can afford Macrae I would jump on but there is also the risk of blowing your entire bankroll. The three must midfielders right now do look like Macae, Oliver and Steele. Getting Macrae gives you two of those.

Walsh still feels like a great value pick. Mitchell is also extremely cheap but hasn't had a great score since round 1.

Ringo

I would do Dunks to Zorko or Sidebottom and then Campbell to Macrae. Reduces your bank but benefits with Macrae outweighs this and you can start with rookies again next week.

Colliwobblers

Colliwobblers

Wheels are falling off....

Walker spuds up gawn captain. shocker

Made two more trades might as well give it a crack.

Gulden to Walsh
Rowe to Thilthorpe