Colliwobbers 2021

Started by Colliwobblers, March 09, 2021, 05:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Round 1: 2061  captain Gawn. could have been worse.

Round 2 Trades: None.

Chopping Block: O Henry.

Targets: J Jordon. / Z Williams (unlikely to be possible).

Bully

Solid state, maybe just one correction trade needed. Henry for Jordan, but you get the benefit of another look.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Bully on March 22, 2021, 11:59:22 PM
Solid state, maybe just one correction trade needed. Henry for Jordan, but you get the benefit of another look.

Thanks mate, not sure what I was thinking with henry, what makes it worse he was a late in for fwd bomber kid...

Mat0369

Henry is easy enough to swap out with Scott in the midfield. I'd give it a week though because I've been stung in the past going early on a rookie only for them to flop/get injured/dropped.

If you want to assess Williams you could always trade an underperforming premium to him. You get 2 games to look at Williams and one price change in your premiums. If Cripps/Bont flop for example you may be able to recoup some cash in the downgrade and then use that to pair for an upgrade down the track. A bit of a sideways move but if Williams performs and one of those guys busts it's a possibility.

Colliwobblers

Thanks Mat, reckon if henry dropped this week i'll grab jordon if not i'll look at it next week.

Williams only gets in through injury or as you say a premium who goes bad and looks like staying bad, or an inevitable injury..

Think he will have a good year at the blues tho and cheap as chips, imagine plenty will get on round 4 if not sooner.

Good start for you well done, Jealous of your rucks, strange as that may seem. Good call there.

Mat0369

If Henry gets dropped keep him this week anyway. He probably isn't useful for loophole purposes for this round but say Jordan does a knee this week it will be a wasted trade.

As long as Williams plays predominantly in the guts he will be a good pick up. It's one of the reasons I went Clark at D5 and didn't go with 5 or 6 premium defenders. Leave yourself the opportunity to assess because there could be one of those guys that is a must have on each line.

Colliwobblers

Ringo

Nice start and well done to avoid the Danger/Rowell issues.

Would sit this week and just observe rookies as we know they can be up and down. Watch team selections and if necessary bring in Jordon.

You can afford to wait till Rd 4 for Williams as you get 2 weeks to observe.

Colliwobblers

2193 for round 2. Kozi and Rowe on the field were killers for me this week.

First trade of the season done = Oliver to Jordon

Second trade (and bring on the "told you so's :) )

Phillips or Taranto or Cripps TO Taylor Walker. 

Yeah I'm getting on, regardless if he keeps it up he's going up a ton of money.

Giants were horrible, Cripps isn't going well, Phillips was/is going ok but butchered it under the tigers pressure, to be expected.

Any ideas on which one out for Walker?

Mat0369

Dump Phillips. The other two at least have a shot of being premiums

Colliwobblers

So long as nothing goes awry trades are done this is what I'll send into round 3.

Bully

Solid trades, I'd still be more inclined to punt Phillips but I've dumped Cripps so he's clearly expendable. My take on Cripps?? Less stoppages clearly hampering his scores, can't see that improving too much so I'd expect anything from 95-105 by season's end.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2021, 07:21:29 PM
Solid trades, I'd still be more inclined to punt Phillips but I've dumped Cripps so he's clearly expendable. My take on Cripps?? Less stoppages clearly hampering his scores, can't see that improving too much so I'd expect anything from 95-105 by season's end.

He's a superstar but your right, needs a pre-season training for speed not force, and he is injured. Read the articles and makes sense he's looked like he is on his last legs every game pouring sweat sucking in the big ones, must be doing it hard with whatever he is carrying.

Phillips a great pick for AFL or RDT but his disposal efficiency is killing him in SC - I was warned, but him and taranto have less money to lose than cripps and seemingly more potential to improve, which is why I went that way.

Bully

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 31, 2021, 07:31:55 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2021, 07:21:29 PM

He's a superstar but your right, needs a pre-season training for speed not force, and he is injured. Read the articles and makes sense he's looked like he is on his last legs every game pouring sweat sucking in the big ones, must be doing it hard with whatever he is carrying.

Phillips a great pick for AFL or RDT but his disposal efficiency is killing him in SC - I was warned, but him and taranto have less money to lose than cripps and seemingly more potential to improve, which is why I went that way.

Sound logic, Taranto probably the best bet to improve from from the rut given he has an elite tank, just hope he either spends less time up forward or starts converting his chances. Cripps not a noted distance runner so no surprise he's gasping for air, probably needs more wet weather to slow things up a bit.

Colliwobblers

Round 3 done.

Defense is kiling me probably most of us.... My rucks outscore my entire backline:  Fwd line on the other hand.... killing it!

Defenders' total 20.9% 466
Midfielders' total 26.0% 579
Rucks' total 21.9% 487
Forwards' total 31.2% 695

Total Round 3 scores = 2,227
Average score at Round 3 = 2,160

ROUND 3 Trades:
OUT Cripps ($523,700) IN Walker ($298,200)

OUT Henry ($135,300) IN Jordon ($123,900)

Should have been Phillips, not Cripps, not a wasted trade but it could have been a better trade.

Round 4 Trades:

I've got a week on waterman and Robertson and L Parks (Def) so I'll wait on those unless donuts are pending.

Probably just add a playing rook to defense tossing up between chapman and Idun. Loved Iduns game this week and need a scorer on field not 20 something points....

Chances are I'll need both once all the spuds are dropped down back....

Rooks are a worry and burning trades chasing rookie profit and stopping donuts is a trap, when the rookies go sideways is about when the mid priced options start looking less stupid :)

Last word on premium targets:

Lloyd
Ridley
Neale (value)
Dangerfield

That's the only locks for now, Neale on value but He'll bounce back.